Chapter 3

Mirror of Twin

  

                Karina couldn’t stand to stay inside the house and decide to go out again. She just wear tank top under demin vest and long pants with black sneakers. She leave out sigh when watch school students walk to their destination while she can’t go to school. She always love to learn new things in class that make she keep attends class.

                She happily walk until arrive in front of a café and the master only arrive few minutes after she reach there. Master says, “You should rest at home by now even I know you still being suspend from school.”

                “That would be impossible! I don’t want to stay home when my sister also there. You know how loud every time she opens it. My ears could bleeding if I keep hearing her complains about every silly things in this world.” Grumble Karina. She quickly help master to open the café’s door since master’s hand full with grocery’s bag and he never want to let her to carry it.

                She walk into the café after unlock the door and happily says, “Since I don’t have anything else to do today, let me help you at café. I want to learn cooking from you again.”

                “You know that learning in this café mean you can only allow you to watch whatever I do, right? Are you okay with that?” say Master while he take out things from the bags and place on counter. Karina happily nods and childish smile decorates her face.

                Karina helps with preparation for the day and master really happy to have her around. Her happy face while doing her works make a regular customer who come to the café asks when see it, “Master, is that is your daughter? She really pretty and hardworking. You never tell me that you already have a daughter.”

                “Unfortunately, she’s not my daughter but if I have one, I really want someone like her. She’s here to help me for the day.” say Master as he serve coffee for the customer. He smiles to watch Karina treats customers who walk in and out from the café with really happy face.

                When the café a bit calm, he ask something that really make him curious every time he look at her, “Ne, where is you red-streak hair? I thought you really love that highlight.”

                Karina shake her head to sides a bit in sadness, “It always Shika-kun who help me to spray red dye to my hair. It was his idea since I don’t want to make my hair blonde like him. He said I should different style of hair to make me look like them.”

                “Your long hair really nice as it really show your personality.” Say Master.

                Karina want to ask what kind of personality she has but it being disturb by sound of chime at the door. She really surprise to see it is Rin, Ryosuke and Keito. She casually says, “Three of you really free today~!”

                Master uses tray to hit Karina’s head lightly before scold, “You should welcome the customers not chase them off. I don’t want you to become the reason why I have to close down my café.”

                “Itai yo~! What you will do if I will get huge bump like those in anime?” Karina rubs her head while whine to him. Master only say that will never happen in reality before brush it off.

                When those three get their seats, Rin says, “You look really close with that person.”

                “He’s the few people who actually treat me as normal human. You want to order right away or you want to check the menu first?” Karina already get ready with her note in case they want to order right away.

                She gives the order to master and remember something, “Ah, we almost finish some of things at kitchen. I will go out to buy it.”

                Those three just watch Karina leave the shop happily and it doesn’t look like a delinquent who get suspend from school. Master serve their orders and says, “I’m sure three of you enrol same school with Karina-chan. Can I ask help from you guys to look after her? She may look strong but she’s just too fragile even over silly things.”

                “You sound totally like her dad.” Say Rin.

                Master giggles a bit, “We always talk about both of us should blood related as I understand what happen in her family but I know if I do something, she will do something to stop it.” he excuses himself after that as customers call for him.

*************

                Karina walks to usual supermarket that master like to go while humming some songs. She really in good mood even her eyes that hide behind her glasses seem really alert with her surroundings. She finishes buy things and ask the worker to send it to the café as she decide to walk around first.

                She keep the change into her purse and walk out from the supermarket. Her face remain emotionless when a group people surround her before one on them says, “How about you follow us for a while?”

                “What you guys want this time?” Karina casually say to that dangerous looking girls. She knows she will face trouble in that day.

                At the café, master feel really weird when only things that he ask Karina to buy arrive without that girl. He tries to make phone call to that girl but he hears phone ringing from handbag at the bag that show that girl left her phone there. He begin panic around as he knows that girl know something when she offer herself to go out.

                Keito could see it and tell the other two, “I’m going out for a while.”

                Rin seem sense what her step-brother want to do and want to join but Ryosuke hold her down and say to Keito, “We will wait here but don’t take too long or we will leave you here.”

                Keito get near to master as sign that he will search for that girl. Master tell where that girl may go and hope everything would be just fine. He steps out from the café and carefully move among crowd.

                He found Karina at hidden alley after he caught sound of someone crying. He begin imagine there is ghost in middle of day. He could see Karina’s top already torn out that make he quickly take off his jacket to give to her. She doesn’t want to take it and he drape on her while say, “Use this to cover your body as I’m sure you don’t want other people stare at you in that state.”

                Karina just wear it and try to stand up but the pain that she get hit from those girl, really limit her movement. Keito help her to walk and says, “We will make stop at clinic first before I send you back home.”

                “No, I don’t have money for that.” Reply Karina weakly. Keito keep insist that she need to go to clinic as her injuries is not something that she can treat by herself and also possibility of internal bleeding.

*******************

                “Why it have to be me?” Rin ask in angry through her phone and quickly hang it. She want to curse something but Ryosuke already warn her not to do that anymore. She hang the call in annoyance and cross her arms.

                Ryosuke just ask as he could guess most of the content of the phone call, “Where is he right now?”

                “At clinic and will return here when done there.” reply Rin before takes sips of her drink. Ryosuke only turn to master and nod as sign everything is fine.

                After few minutes, Karina and Keito arrive at the café and master quickly asks, “What happen to you?”

                “I met with those girls again and they kinda beat me because of silly matters.” Say Karina while take her seat at the counter.

                Master leave out sigh, “You should be more careful. It seem they already know that you’re now alone and they take their chance.”

                Rin walk towards them and asks Karina, “Why don’t you ask help from your mom or my dad to avoid this matter?”

                “My mom… will be out of question and I don’t want to burden your dad. Even he already help me a lot but this matter, I prefer to face it alone.” Say Karina. She twitch a bit when try to get comfortable on the chair.

                Master curious about that and Karina casually says, “Ah! I forget to tell you something, master. This is my twin-sister, Rin Walker.”

                “Oh?! You finally meet you twin-sister. You must be really happy because you can get answer on what you want to know now.” Say master.

                Karina could only say, “Even we already meet, there are some mysteries that continue as mysteries.”

                When Karina want to return home, Keito insists to help her and Rin only says, “It is better than I keep hearing why you keep get injured from that damn old man.”

                “I’m sure both of you should begin know each other better since it’s a great chance.” Say Ryosuke. Rin want to deny it but something make her voice stuck at .

******************

                They arrive in front of Karina’s house and Keito says, “Wow, it’s a really nice house!”

                “Even it look nice, I can’t wait to leave this house when I graduate from high school. Thanks for send me here even you guys don’t have to do that.” say Karina. She carefully make steps to get into the house.

                Rin says, “You can ask me anything since we’re f***ing twins. That’s what I can do and also the way for me to flee from that old man.”

                Karina nods before walk into the house. Ryosuke turn to Rin to say, “It seem you really want to fix things.”

                “Shut the f*** up! I only want to know why this damn thing happen.” Say Rin. She’s the first one that walk away before the other two join.

                Keito mutter under his breath, “She deserve better treatment as she’s really delicate.”

                Ryosuke give warns, “You better careful since you will never know what Rin-chan will do if she knows you actually like her twin-sister.”

                “Urusai!” scold Keito.