Chpt 6

A Reason to Stay

Nari awoke, feeling well-rested. It was unusual for her to sleep well in a foreign environment, but she had no problem in JooHyuk’s apartment.

Judying from the lack of sunlight, she assumed that it was around 8pm. However, as she checked her phone it was 1am and she had several missed calls from the YongKi members as well as their Manager. She felt guilty about not answering them, but she would explain everything later.

She got up and tiptoed towards the kitchen. She bumped every now and then into a side table or the corner of the walls, but she eventually found her way to the kitchen. She opened the large, stainless steel fridge door and her stomach growled as she saw all the ingredients to make the perfect ham sandwich. She wanted to eat them straight from the fridge, but her manners forced her to close the door.

Suddenly, the living room light and Nari jumped, scared.

JooHyuk stood at the entrance to the kitchen and flipped the ligth switch, surrounding the pair in light. Nari stared at his disheveled hair and tired expression, which suited him all too well.

“Nari-ah, did you sleep well?”

She nodded, while her stomach made audible answers. JooHyuk smirked and opened the fridge door. He took out the bread loaf and proceeded to remove other ingredients, while Nari stood still. She made it a bit awkward for him to move freely, so he turned to her and placed his hands on her hips. Nari immediately blushed. However, when JooHyuk lifted her to sit on the countertop, away from the fridge, she understood.

JooHyuk turned back to the fridge and Nari saw the corner of his mouth turn up in a smile. He returned with the finishing ingredients, the condiments, and proceeded to make the sandwich.

Nari watched closely as JooHyuk delicately stacked the ingredients, in perfect order. Once completed he cut the sandwich diagonally and lifted a piece to .

“Open up,” he teased.

Nari did as she was told and ate bit into the sandwich. It was, by far, the best homemade sandwich she ever had.

“You have skills, oppa.”

“It comes with practice,” he joked.

The next bite left Nari with a ketchup drop on her cheek, which she didn’t notice.

JooHyuk reached over her to get a napkin, but when he realized that he forgot to restack them, he looked at her apologetically. She was still unaware of the drop, so when JooHyuk raised his thumb to her cheek, she blushed. He showed her the ketchup drop and they both chuckled.

“You can eat the other half, oppa,” she offered.

JooHyuk picked up the other half and took a large bite.

After they ate, JooHyuk offered the bed to Nari, since he didn’t want his guest sleeping on his couch anymore. Nari declined, saying that it wasn’t her place to use someone else’s bed.

JooHyuk understood and, instead of returning to his room, placed a pillow on the ground next to the couch.

“Let’s just sleep like this then.” JooHyuk lay down and closed his eyes. Nari followed on the couch but couldn’t fall back asleep. Instead, she listened to the steady breathing of her Oppa, grateful that the light from the kitchen remained on, which allowed her to watch the actor sleep soundly.