Chpt 25

A Reason to Stay

The following morning, there was a knock on YongKi’s apartment door. Upon answering it, Meri’s eyes widened as she was shocked by their visitor.
Lee JongHyun stood in the doorway, balancing several cups of coffee in his arms. As he entered the apartment, Nari came out from her room, dressed and ready to start the day. 
When she saw him, she stopped dead in her tracks, hanging open slightly. 
“JongHyun-oppa, what are you doing here this morning?” Laura asked from the TV area. 
Staring at Nari, he responded, “Well, I heard that Nari recovered her memories, so I brought a peace offering.” He took a cup from the cardboard holders and took it to her. Once in front of her, Nari watched him, closely. As his subtle smile widened to reveal his perfectly white teeth, Nari’s heart raced. She took the cup from him quickly and nodded, greeting him. 
“Whenever you’re ready, Nari-ah, we’ll head down to the studio.”
“I don’t remember us having an appointment this morning,” Nari told her, smirking.
He chuckled and went on, “We don’t, but the CNBLUE members would really like to see how you’ve been doing.”
Nari scoffed. “Funny, isn’t it? My own father fails to show up when his daughter is in the hospital, yet my sunbaes are concerned.”
The other YongKi members frowned, feeling the discomfort rising in the room. JongHyun had no idea that her parents never visited her, but he knew he needed to liven the atmosphere. 
“Do you all wanna come to the studio with us?” JongHyun asked cheerfully, facing the girls. 
Laura jumped at the opportunity and her long, black hair jumped with her. Nari half-smiled, knowing that Laura had developed a crush for MinHyuk. 

As JongHyun waited in the TV area for the others to get ready, Nari brought him a hot cup of Green tea. After his first sip, he placed the cup on the coffee table and turned to look at Nari, who joined him on the couch. 
Nari couldn’t help but feel a certain energy that pulled her towards JongHyun. She knew that she couldn’t forgive him for what he did about the scandal, but she also couldn’t help how her body felt around him since she forgot her memories in the hospital. 
There, the two sat, silently stealing glances at one another. Slowly, JongHyun placed his hands on top of hers. To his surprise, rather than push his hands away, Nari twisted her hand and entwined her fingers with his. JongHyun smiled as he looked down at their crossed fingers. 
Nari’s heart rate sped up. Of course, she held hands with JooHyuk before, but because JongHyun was a guitarist, his hands gripped her stronger and made her feel more secure. She watched as the veins in his armed s up his arm and she found herself getting more comfortable with him being so close to her. She knew that if JooHyuk knew of her newly-developed feelings, his own feelings would be hurt terribly, so Nari dared not let anyone know quite yet.
She even allowed herself a selfish thought: At least it won’t be a complete shock to walk with JongHyun hand-in-hand in public. 

When the rest of the girls emerged from their rooms, Nari pulled her hand away quickly, which caused a disappointed look to come over JongHyun’s face. Nari got her handbag and her crutches. JongHyun helped her to the car, with the girls following close behind. 
Thankfully, JongHyun’s manager had drove him over, so he led them to a black van, which was more than enough to seat all the girls. Once everyone piled in, they headed towards the FNC building. Laura bounced in her seat, giddy with anticipation to see MinHyuk. JongHyun wanted to tell her not to be so nervous, since MinHyuk had mentioned that he also had a slight crush on Laura, but he was also curious to see how things would play out between them.
JongHyun continuously stole glances at Nari, but she avoided making eye contact with him. It seemed, to him, that Nari wanted to keep whatever was developing between them, a secret. He would have minded, but since this was a sign that Nari may be developing romantic feelings for him, he wanted her to come to him on her own this time.