Chpt 16

A Reason to Stay

After the meal, the cast and crew headed out and found that, for the remainder of the day, they were to be hiking. Nari liked hiking, but never had so many people follow her before. She walked cautiously, ensuring that she did not trip and embarrass herself in front of the cameras. After about 45 minutes, the other members decided to take a break and drink some water.

Nari, with an empty stomach, flopped next to JoonYoung and rested her head on his shoulder, which he didn’t seem to mind. JooHyuk looked at the two of them and tried not to look annoyed in front of the cameras.

“They look good together, don’t they?” TaeHyun commented, in between sips of water.

Defconn agreed and began chanting “They should date! They should date!”

JoonYoung blushed while Nari smiled slightly.

“Should we?” JoonYoung said, teasingly. “Nari-ah, should we go out tomorrow night?”

“Sure, as long as you pay,” Nari responded, with her eyes closed.

JooHyuk, teeming with jealousy, said, “They don’t look too good together. JoonYoung looks too much like a player.”

“Hyung, that’s okay. They’ll be the ultimate talented couple.” TaeHyun really wanted to keep up the idea that JoonYoung and Nari were a couple.

JooHyuk scoffed and stood up. “We should continue if we want to make it to the top before dark.”

The others nodded and, as Nari got up, JooHyuk took her backpack off of her and walked with it. The other men ‘whoa-ed’ at their hyung’s action and continued walking behind him.

Nari struggled to keep up with her members and lagged behind significantly. When the other members’ cameramen were out of sight, someone yelled, looking for Nari. She recognized it as JooHyuk’s voice. It was getting close to sunset and Nari’s legs were growing weaker with every step. As she crouched down, her cameraman followed and just as she felt her eyes close, she was lifted off the ground.

She opened her eyes, surprised and found herself on JooHyuk’s back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and felt him walking again. When they reached the other members, they shared up JooHyuk’s items, so that he could continue carrying Nari.

JooHyuk tilted his head and whispered to her, “if you’re going to do this, you should have at least drank some milk or something.”

Nari bent her face towards his neck and, when the cameras were away from them, she gave him a gentle kiss on his neck. He smiled upon feeling it and patted her leg.

“We’re almost there, so stay awake a little longer.”

Nari did as she was told and when they finally arrived at the top of the mountain, she dismounted herself from JooHyuk’s back and the crew sat down and prepared to eat together.

The meal consisted of snacks, numerous cups of instant ramyeon and dried squid packs. The ramyeon was prepared with water that was boiled over a man-made fire behind a large rock, so the wind couldn’t put out the fire. Nari took in the smell of the food, but seeing as how she arrived at the top because of JooHyuk, she decided to feed him instead. She grabbed a large amount of noodles from her cup ramyeon and held it up to him. JooHyuk smiled and allowed her to feed him. He tried to return the favor, but Nari rejected it. She gave JooHyuk the rest of her ramyeon and, when he pleaded with her to eat something, picked up the dried squid pack and ripped off a tentacle and ate it, slowly but surely. After JooHyuk looked away, Nari focused her attention towards the other members and watch as the steam from the ramyeon floated across their faces.

When the sun set, the wind grew colder and harsher. She couldn’t stand it as the wind felt as though it was cutting her face. She scooted closer to JooHyuk and leaned against him. When he saw her, he ped his jacket and brought her closer to his side. Disregarding the cameras, she moved to sit in front of him, so that his legs encircled her and she leaned back, moving her face towards the warmth of his neck. JooHyuk covered the two of them with his jacket, ignoring the hollering that came from the other members.

“Perhaps I was wrong,” said TaeHyun, yelling over the wind. “Maybe she’s better suited with JooHyuk-hyung.”

JooHyuk blushed when he heard that, leaning down towards Nari, to keep her warm.