Chpt 32

A Reason to Stay

Unnie! Wake up already!”
Nari woke reluctantly to the sound of someone banging on her bedroom door.. She recognized Meri’s voice and opened the door. She was welcomed by a flustered Meri and knew that something was going on.
“Unnie, have you gotten calls from other companies recently?” 
Nari recalled the personal calls she received from JYP and YG. She nodded innocently.
“Why didn’t you tell us about them?”
“I didn’t really see the point in it,” Nari responded, still not understanding why her friend was all fired up so early in the morning. 
Meri folded her arms across her chest and walked away from the door. Next, Laura walked up to Nari.
“Nari-ah, did it occur to you that maybe we would want to change companies?”
“What about college in the Fall, then?” Nari asked, getting more curious with the second. 
Laura sighed audibly. “We wanted to use that as a reason to leave FNC. They don’t believe in us and they take us for granted. We wanted to get away.”
Nari lowered her head in thought. “Then, if we change companies, how will you go to school?”
This time, Momo answered her from the kitchen. “We applied to colleges here just in case. The tuition is a little more, but if we negotiate a new contract, I’m sure we can make it work.”
Nari rushed to her cellphone and called the entertainment agencies, to set up appointments. She managed to get a meeting with YG that afternoon.
Once she told the other YongKi members, there all rushed to get ready and they were out the door with a few hours to spare. 

The secretary for the CEO’s office welcomed them with friendly smiles and led them into YG’s office. The first thing Nari noticed were the photographs that lined the walls of the office. They were photos of various YG artists throughout the years, and that made Nari feel immediately comfortable. YG welcomed them and they bowed gracefully in return. 
“So, I heard about your cancellation with FNC, as I mentioned before. You girls are a wise investment as you’ve already made a name for yourselves in Korea and are already known internationally. If you would allow me, I would like to make YongKi a part of the YG family.” The CEO said all this while smiling at the girls individually. 
Before anyone replied to YG, the girls turned to Nari, making it obvious that she was their leader and fundamental Manager. 
“From our time with FNC, we would like to alter some of our provisions in our next contract. Would YG Ent be willing to negotiate with us?” Nari asked confidently.
YG chuckled and responded, “Since we didn’t form you from scratch, we will be more than willing to negotiate with you in the contract. I know that FNC is quite restrictive, but I can assure you that we are very flexible with our arrangements.”
Nari nodded and smiled slightly. She was not completely sold by the idea, but it was an option. She needed to ask one more thing. “I know that you will assign us a Manager, but I do have rules for the schedule of the girls that cannot be negotiated.”
“What kind of rules, exactly?” YG asked, leaning forward.
“Well, for one, the girls must get at least four hours of sleep every night.”
The CEO pondered for a moment and nodded. “That seems reasonable. We can arrange that. Anything else?”
The girls turned to look at their leader. “Yes, another main thing is that I would like to be informed of our scheduled before it is finalized.”
“So, you would like to be co-Manager?”
Nari nodded, relieved that the CEO was understanding her. 
“Okay, well when that time comes, we will deal with that. But, are you considering signing with us after your contract expires this month?”
Nari turned to her members, looking for their agreement. Once they nodded and smiled, the CEO smiled and said that he will look at writing up a contract for them. He told them that he will contact them once their FNC contract was up. 
The girls bowed and left the office. 
Once outside, they squealed at the idea of being part of YG Entertainment. They awed at the halls and the photos everywhere and even decided to visit the infamous YG Cafeteria. As they headed down towards the cafeteria, they bowed at the Producers and Managers that passed them by. They were feeling the excitement and comfort growing on them as they took each step.