Chpt 37- End

A Reason to Stay


A few weeks later, Nari and JooHyuk strolled through the busy streets of Seoul, hand-in-hand. They smiled at each other and responded to fans on the street. It took a while, but there were less and less people against their relationship from when the news was first announced. Nari’s father remained stubborn and refused to acknowledge JooHyuk. Even when the couple showed up to their house, her father chased JooHyuk out immediately. 
Her sister and brother-in-law welcomed him and accepted Nari’s decision. However, her father was unmoved. Given the increasing tension between Nari and her father, she saw and spoke to him less and less. She no longer had anything she needed from him. She decided to leave him to restart his own family with his new child, a son at that. 
Nari, on the other hand, was finally welcomed by JooHyuk’s Uncle and other relatives. His family preferred that he be in a committed relationship rather than die unmarried. Of course, marriage was no where in Nari’s plan, but she knew that it would come up eventually. Rather than pressure her, JooHyuk decided to allowed her to live out her dreams for the time being. He always told her that he was happy just being with her and once she was ready, he would take the next step towards securing their future together. 
It wasn’t long before other news came into view to distract fans from Nari’s news. The media outlets covered the story of Laura and MinHyuk’s relationship. Often, the two couples had dinner together and Nari found herself getting more comfortable being in public, with Laura’s encouragement, of course. 
Eventually, the girls got better at managing their performance schedules with their school demands. The other girls got close with their classmates and once other people saw how pleasant the girls were, their popularity grew and allowed them to remain successful for the next few years. Once they graduated, it was just a matter of time before they announced their own respective relationships. 
From that moment on, none of the girls regretted coming to Korea. They got what they wanted with much hardship and there was never a reason for the them to think about leaving. They lived quietly and happily, working hard and making themselves known in the music industry, not just in Korea, but throughout the world. They proved to themselves that anything is possible with the support and loyalty of good friends.