Chpt 1

A Reason to Stay

“I'm glad you've agreed to join the show, 2Days 1 Night, Nari-ah”, praised the CEO OF FNC, Han Seong Ho.

Nari smiled in reply. She knew that by joining this famous show. She would gain further exposure for herself, and mor importantly,for YongKi. Her group, and her friends, were all that mattered now. They had graciously agreed to take the trip to South Korea with her to continue their kpop dreams and talent. They had gained so much dame and followers through youtube and now that they were in South Korea, the home of kpop, the only way to go was up.

Once Nari signed the contract with KBS, she couldn't wait to join the show and show the viewers her true side. She would become the first female host on the show, which made the pressure all the more real.

She left the CEO’s office and, as she made her way to the elevator to go to the basement, she met CNBLUE, who were also heading out. She bowed politely to her sunbaes and smiled brightly. Only one of them, the leader, Jung YongHwa, acknowledged her, while the others nodded slightly with annoyed looks on their faces. She didn't understand why they looked so bothered by her greeting, but she thought it best to leave them be and take the next elevator.

As CNBLUE let the elevator doors close, Nari heard a mumble from the guitarist, Lee JongHyun. From what she could hear, it seemed like he said “Aish, they just let anyone into the company nowadays”. That made Nari’s heart drop, as she knew that doing Kpop in SK, as a foreigner, would be tough since the citizens don't seem too keen on international artists singing Korean. She knew it was a cultural thing, but it still stung, especially since she put so much effort to get where she was now.

 

Upon leaving FNC, Nari headed for home, or rather what was now YongKi’s new home. Since the girls were not entirely new idols, they got the option to receive better lodging, of which they took advantage. Unlike other idols who lived in a cramped apartment, YongKi lived in a spacious 3-bedroom apartment, with two baths. It was the kind of thing you only saw in Dramas. Momo and Dani shared one room, Meri and Laura shared the other and Nari got the last bedroom to herself and her roommates were music equipment and guitars.

Upon entering the apartment, she heard the girls chatting loudly while the television played a rerun of a Drama in the background. She was glad to hear that the girls were enjoying themselves, but a little disappointed that they weren’t practicing the new song she gave them yesterday.

“Nari-unnie,” Meri called, breaking Nari from her thoughts. “How did the meeting with the CEO go?”

Nari shrugged and headed to the kitchen for a glass of water. “Looks like I’ll be on the next episode of 2 Days 1 Night,” she responded with her back to them.

“WHAT?!” they exclaimed in unison. All at once, they bombarded Nari and yelled sentiments of congratulations. Her spirits were immediately lifted and all negative thoughts of Lee JongHyun were washed away. It was moments like this that made her thankful for her friends and their constant support.