Chance

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slumping herself against the comfy sofa, Eunji sulked as the familiar blonde looked at her disapprovingly.

 

"Did you have fun, Miss Jung?" the frosty blonde asked.

 

"Why did you have to send your freaking bodyguard to catch me?" Eunji groaned, crossing her arms to show discontentment. "I didn't even know you've employed new bodyguards."

 

"The previous bodyguards were incompetent, so I decided to get new ones. Anyway, that is totally irrelevant as to why you're here again." The blonde cleared . "You've ran away too many times, Miss Jung. It's high time you return to us, don't you think so?"

 

"You guys are totally managing just fine without me,” Eunji protested as she glanced at the blonde, then at the redhead sitting next to the latter.

 

"But you aren't," the blonde stated matter-of-factly.

 

Eunji scowled. "What makes you think so?"

 

"You don't think I've sent people to spy on you? You've been scamming people haven't you? Are you crazy?"

 

"I am not crazy," Eunji defended, "They gave their money willingly to me."

 

"They'll recognize you! You're tarnishing our image."

 

"Hey, I'm not that stupid! I know how to properly scam people without destroying my reputation."

 

"What if you get caught by the police?"

 

"I haven't for the past few weeks have I?"

 

"Of course," the blonde sighed in defeat. "Your return is long overdue. You promised me five weeks. But this is already the sixth week. You're lucky I gave you a grace period of one week."

 

"Then can you please give me one more week?" Eunji pleaded, giving the blonde a puppy face.

 

"Why should I?" the blonde asked indifferently.

 

"Your puppy face isn't gonna work, unnie," the redhead chimed in.

 

Eunji scoffed at the redhead and turned to face the blonde again. "Please. I need to do something before I come back."

 

"No," the blonde replied sternly. "You always have something up your sleeves, Jung Eunji. Stop playing around, you're the Vice President of our Blanc & Eclare Group for goodness' sake!"

 

"Then you should have appointed your sister! Not me."

 

"You're older than her," the blonde said icily, but Eunji remain unfazed.

 

"Yeah, you're older than me, Eunji unnie," the redhead snickered.

 

"And that company is yours too. Don't speak as if you don't hold any shares in the company," the blonde added.

 

Eunji huffed and glared at the redhead. "You ing rascal! Why were you chasing after me the other time?" she demanded. “It was totally uncalled for!”

 

The redhead laughed nervously. "Ah unnie.." she said as she scratched the back of her head. "I was surprised to see you! I mean, you said you wanted a break from the luxurious life, but you actually attended a gathering for the rich."

 

"I was accompanying a friend!"

 

"Ooh..” the redhead gave a mischievous grin as she wiggled her eyebrow.  “Who is it?" she asked, with a hint of pointed nosiness. "President Lee?"

 

"No."

 

"Chairman Yook?"

 

Eunji scrunched up her face in disgust. "Eww. No."

 

"Is it a girl?"

 

"For the love of the lord, please stop being ing nosy, Krystal."

 

"Jessica unnie! Eunji unnie is cussing again!" the redhead complained to the blonde.

 

"Jung Eunji. Stop cussing."

 

"Well your annoying little sister is old enough to marry," the brunette seethed. "It isn't like she never swears."

 

Jessica sighed. Her younger cousin always had to rebut everything she said. "I expect to see you properly dressed for work starting tomorrow. I've been cleaning up your mess for the past 6 weeks. It's high time you take up your responsibility."

 

"Yeah whatever," Eunji grumbled, crossing her arms in dissatisfaction again.

 

Krystal lunged forward without warning and tackled her older cousin on the sofa.

 

"What the are you doing you spawn of satan! Get off me!" Eunji screamed as she wrestled the redhead. "Unnie! Tell this head to go away!"

 

Jessica chuckled. "She just misses you, Eunji. You've been gone for too long."

 

"Yeah! I miss you unnie! There's no one to play with when you were gone," Krystal stated as she hugged Eunji tightly.

 

Eunji ruffled her younger cousin's hair and sighed. "Okay now I'm back in full force so we can play around to your heart's content so can you seriously get off me now, Jung Soojung?"

 

"Only if you let me sleep with you tonight!"

 

"What! Why are you so clingy, damn it."

 

"Hey, we slept on the same bed after you got back from your last surprise 'soul-searching' Thailand trip."

 

"Yeah, whatever, just don't touch me unnecessarily," Eunji grunted.

 

"But I miss feeling your abs!" the redhead pouted as she tried to lift Eunji's shirt up.

 

"ERT!" the brunette shouted, slapping away her cousin's naughty hands.





 

"Unnie, here's your 5 grand," Eunji told Chorong as she placed a cheque on the older girl's desk.

 

Chorong looked at the brunette quizzically. "What's this for?"

 

"I'm returning what I owed you. I took 5 grand from you didn't I? So I'm giving it back."

 

"Eunji," Chorong said, her voice laced with suspicion. "Where did you get so much money from?"

 

"Don't worry, I didn't scam anyone. It's my own money."

 

"What? Since when do you have this much cash?"

 

Eunji chuckled. "Do you know the president of Blanc & Eclare Group?"

 

Chorong nodded. "Yeah. It's Jessica Jung."

 

"You're well-informed. It must have been a rich person's thing," Eunji commented. "Do you know the vice president then?"

 

"I've never seen the VP before. Rumours say that the VP is a very private person."

 

"Oh unnie! That's what VP totally stands for- Very Private!"

 

Chorong rolled her eyes. "Can you just get straight to the point, Eunji?" she asked irritatedly.

 

Eunji pouted. "Fine." She stretched her hand out. "I'm Jung Eunji, her younger cousin, and also the Vice President of Blanc & Eclare Group. Nice to meet you CEO Park."

 

"You've got to be kidding me."

 

The brunette sighed and retracted her hand. "I may lie about many things but I'm not lying now!"

 

Chorong remained quiet for a while as she took in everything that Eunji had just told her. "You're a rich kid but you've been robbing people? Are you nuts?!"

 

"Geez, chill out will ya. I can explain if you want me to."

 

"Alright, I'm listening."

 

"First of all, I ran away from my house. It isn't the first time actually. You see, I don’t really fancy the rich life. I've been to countless private events for the rich and they're just so full of themselves," she explained with a hint of distaste.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter