Over

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung flicked her eyes open when she felt a bucket of water being splashed onto her. Her legs were tied, and arms were tightly gripped by the two men at her sides. Her eyes travelled to Hanbin who was standing in front of her with his arms crossed, and a smug smile tugging at his lips.

 

“Good morning. I didn’t expect you to be knocked out that long. You must have been really exhausted,” he said with a sneer.

 

"Of course, I had 6 wusses chasing after me," Hayoung smirked.

 

Hanbin scowled, raising his fist to punch Hayoung. A loud cough from someone caused him to retract his hand. He moved away, and Krait came into Hayoung's line of vision. The big boss was sitting on the chair, looking at Hayoung. Even with his face covered. Hayoung could picture the disapproving look Krait was wearing.

 

“You disappoint me, Oh Hayoung,” Krait drawled. “You lied to me about the identity of the mole." He let out a deep, dramatic sigh. “But don’t worry." A menacing chuckle escaped his mouth. "There’s a show I would like you to watch. You will like it."

 

The curtains behind Krait were drawn. Hayoung gasped and her eyes widened in horror at the view. It was none other than Sooyoung, and she was tied to a pole.

 

“Why did you cover up for Sooyoung, Hayoung? How much information have you divulged to her?”

 

Did Krait just say that Sooyoung was the undercover cop? Wasn’t it Naeun? Hayoung was confused, but she didn’t let that show.

 

"I told you she wasn't aware that I'm an undercover cop!" Sooyoung yelled.

 

Hanbin instantly gave Sooyoung a searing tight slap, causing the girl to hiss in pain. "ing noisy ," he spat.

 

"Do you really think I am going to kill you?" Krait laughed as his eyes met Hayoung. "Why would I kill someone as capable as you? You're one of my outstanding workers, Oh Hayoung. You're extremely needed in this organization."

 

A kick came, landing directly on the paralegal's throat. She let out a sound that was part gasp, and part vomit. A split second later, another kick arrived on her thigh. She winced at the agonizing pain. There were four more blows. With every blow, she spat out blood. The final one was targeted with expertise at her head. That last blow was so hard that it overrode all the other pains that she felt in her entire body. She crashed onto the floor, with her head hitting the ground first. Her brain still refused to switch off. She watched in despair as Hanbin pointed the gun to Sooyoung's head.

 

“NO!” she managed to scream, using the little ounce of strength left in her.

 

The loud BANG! which followed and the splatter of Sooyoung's blood that was gushing out of her head made Hayoung's heart stop. She felt like her entire world had collapsed before her.

 

"This is a lesson learnt for you. You work for me, Oh Hayoung. And you’ll never stop working for me until you die. If you ever try to do something as stupid as this again, I’ll expose you to the police. You may know how to cover your tracks well, but I have a board of powerful people who can take you down in an instant.”

 

Hayoung struggled to get out of the strong grasp. She watched helplessly as Hanbin untied Sooyoung and dragged the lifeless body towards her. At that moment, the grip on her arms were released and Hayoung immediately hugged the dead body tightly. Hot tears sprang to her eyes and spilled onto Sooyoung’s face, making it seem as if the latter was the one crying. She covered the part of the head where blood was spurting out, with her bare hands.

 

"Hanbin, let her mourn over her dead friend for 2 more minutes," Krait snickered. "Whatever you want to do next, I leave it all to you. Oh Hayoung, you'll be working under Hanbin from now onwards. All your underlings will be taking orders from him."

 

But Hayoung wasn't even listening anymore. "I'm sorry, Sooyoung. Oh god, I'm so sorry. I've been too focused on protecting Naeun I forgot I was putting your life at risk as well," she cried in a soft voice, her voice almost inaudible. "I'm sorry, please forgive me."





 

Eunji and Chorong were at Namsan Tower, holding hands while they scrutinised the love locks that were affixed to the railings. They had already attached their red couple heart-shaped locks, though it was only Eunji who did the work. The conceited girl had written 'PCR ❤ y JEJ' on one lock, and 'y JEJ ❤ PCR' on the other.

 

Now, the only reason why they were holding hands was because Chorong wanted to shut Eunji up, and also to prevent the brunette from going down on her knees and beg the older girl to let her hold her hands.

 

They stopped, and basked in the beauty of the approaching twilight, with its swathes of primrose and cinnabar, amethyst and ultramarine.

 

“Unnie, on our first date, you gave me a kiss on my right cheek. Yesterday, I got another one on the left. Can I get a real one now? On my lips?” Eunji asked, her eyes twinkling with hope.

 

“You’re so shameless, Eunji-yah,” Chorong joked. “Anyway, those kisses were sympathy kisses!”

 

Eunji's brows bent inward into a frown. “Unnie, how could you say those are sympathy kisses! You gave them to me willingly!”

 

“That’s because you were being so persistent.”

 

“But you loved our first date! You liked the picnic that I set up for you.”

 

“Yeah, but you ripped that off from some korean drama.”

 

Eunji laughed sheepishly. “You still loved it though. I saw hearts in your eyes.”

 

“You’re so full of yourself, VP Jung.”

 

“Eww,” Eunji made a face. “Don’t call me that, that’s an insult!” Her lips curled into a cheeky smile. She inched closer towards Chorong and cupped the latter's cheeks. "Unnie," she whispered.

 

"Wh-what are y-you do-doing?"

 

"I'm," Eunji breathed, bringing her face closer to Chorong, with their lips now just centimetres apart. "Going to-"

 

“HEY GUYS!”

 

"You've got to be kidding me," Eunji groaned, as she reluctantly peeled her face away from Chorong. "Yah Yoon Bomi! What are you doing here?!"

 

"Joining you guys," Bomi said cheerily. "Why? Is it against the law?"

 

Eunji crossed her arms and glared at Bomi. "No it isn't. But you are third wheeling my date with unnie!" she huffed.

 

"Oh please," Bomi laughed. "You've third wheeled my dates more."

 

"So you're trying to take revenge now huh??"

 

"Of course not. I didn't come here to spy on you guys if that's what you're thinking."

 

"So what are you doing here?" Eunji demanded.

 

"I just met a client," Bomi responded casually.

 

"Then why are you at this specific place, and at this specific time, instead of heading home after you're done with the meeting? Are you here to lock your love with unnie too?" Eunji asked, narrowing her eyes at her same age friend.

 

"I wasn't even thinking of that," Bomi flatly said. "But since you've suggested that," she beamed and reached for Chorong's hand, "unnie, let's write our names on the love bench!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter