Notion

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A wide smile unknowingly formed on Eunji's lips as she thought of her hot personal assistant. It felt like a dream come true- to have her favourite idol by her side at work daily. She might have lost Chorong, but she got someone better in return, or so she thought.

 

The blonde had asked for an extension- she wanted to work for another week, much to Eunji's delight. Their everyday little squabbles didn't stop, not that Eunji minded a single bit either, she loved annoying the blonde. Well, she loved annoying everyone, but the blonde might just be her new favourite.

 

When Eunji exited the lift, a certain brunette who was standing at the lift lobby and absolutely engrossed in her phone, caught the former's attention. "Yo Yoon Bomi!"

 

The brunette looked up. "Oh, Eunji?"

 

"What are you doing here? Is there someone you're meeting upstairs?"

 

"I'm meeting President Jung."

 

"Jessica unnie? She wants to invest in something?"

 

Bomi nodded. "Yep."

 

"Ooooh," Eunji said, "How are things between you and Chorong unnie?"

 

"What do you mean?" Bomi asked, furrowing her eyebrows in bewilderment.

 

"Ay, don't pretend to be humble!"

 

"I really don't get what you're saying."

 

Eunji's mouth formed a silent 'O' in shock upon seeing Bomi's baffled expression. "Omo, you didn't know Chorong unnie picked you over me?!" The eyesmiling girl slapped her friend's shoulder. "Stupid girl! It's been a week!"

 

"But I saw you guys kissing!"

 

"It's a goodbye kiss!" Eunji retorted. She narrowed her eyes at Bomi and scowled, "Hey! You were spying on us!"

 

"I was not!"

 

"Liar!"

 

"Fine, I was," Bomi admitted, pursing her lips. "But why would you guys even have a goodbye kiss?"

 

A cheeky smile appeared on Eunji's face. "Just felt like I deserved one."

 

Bomi gasped. "How dare you take advantage of Chorongie unnie!"

 

"Ay, I wasn't. In my defence, I was genuinely heartbroken. Furthermore, you did our kiss the other time. I just needed closure."

 

Bomi rolled her eyes. "You've never stopped being a con artist have you?"

 

Eunji winked. "Ditto! That's my part time job!" She let out a childish peal of laughter. "Anyway, we should race again someday. I'll be pretty free starting next week."

 

"Just drop me a text and I'll be there."

 

"No problem, buddy. Well, I gotta run some errands, see ya around soon, bye!" Eunji ended the conversation and gave a quick goodbye wave.

 

"Bye," Bomi replied as she waved. She slipped her phone into her pocket and sighed, "I have screwed up big time."





 

Chorong sighed as she leaned back against the backrest of her chair. She slowly turned the swivel chair, exhaling a sharp sigh every now and then.

 

Ever since last week, Bomi had stopped dropping by for lunch or dinner. She didn't even reply to any of Chorong's texts. Chorong was confused as to why Bomi was giving her the sudden cold shoulder without any explanation.

 

Three days ago, she coincidentally met Bomi outside her office building, but the younger girl totally ignored her existence. It made Chorong feel terrible, and she questioned her decision for rejecting Eunji. Even if she didn't love the eyesmiling girl romantically, at least the latter knew how to treat her right.

 

"That would be so unfair towards Eunji," Chorong said to herself, shaking her head for even thinking of making use of the bubbly girl.

 

The kiss that she shared with Eunji did initially make her wonder if she had made the wrong decision. But after much thought, she figured that whatever she felt during the kiss, it was purely lust, not love.

 

Chorong glanced at the digital clock hung on the wall. It was 20:00. She had yet to have dinner, she was so busy with work that she lost track of time. Her work just kept piling up. The paperwork to be done was endless. At this rate, Chorong felt that she should just remain a spinster all her life since work kept her busy all the time.

 

As she shifted her attention back to the files, someone knocked on the door.

 

"Come in."

 

To her surprise, a chicken mascot entered her room. The mascot started showing off some taekwondo moves and Chorong just watched in amusement as she wondered who it could be wearing the costume. Once the mascot was done, it approached Chorong and gave a 90° bow.

 

"Jung Eunji?"

 

The chicken mascot brought one hand to its chest, and slapped another over its mouth as it shook its head vehemently. With its head hung low, it let out a few dramatic sobs, which Chorong instantly recognised.

 

"Bbom?"

 

The chicken mascot looked up and clapped its hands excitedly, before finally removing its head, to reveal the brunette Chorong had been desperately trying to reach over the past week.

 

"Bbom-ah, you haven't visited me in awhile. Why are you here now? And what are you doing wearing this costume?"

 

Bomi wiped the beads of perspiration that had popped out on her forehead. A guilty expression was plastered on her face as she looked at the older girl. "I'm sorry for ignoring you the whole week. I misunderstood a situation."

 

"What situation?"

 

"It's kind of embarrassing to say."

 

Chorong sighed. "Then don't say. Get out."

 

"Okay, I'll explain!" Bomi cried out. She took a deep breath. "I spied on you the other day."

 

Chorong arched an eyebrow. "When?"

 

"Your last date with Eunji. You guys kissed so I thought my hopes were dashed," Bomi explained, as she risked quick glances at the older girl.

 

"So you were just going to pretend I don't exist anymore?"

 

"I didn't want to bother you," Bomi said in a small voice. "But Eunji has told me everything just now."

 

Chorong breathed out sharply. "Come here," she ordered.

 

Bomi eyed the older girl nervously. "Are you going to hit me?"

 

The older girl frowned. "Why would I do that?"

 

"I don't know," Bomi responded, cowering under Chorong's piercing gaze. She walked towards the older girl cautiously.

 

"Lower yourself."

 

Bomi bent slightly till her face was at Chorong's eye level. The older girl gently patted the brunette's head, before giving the latter a hard flick on her forehead, causing her to stumble backwards.

 

"Unnie!" Bomi groaned as she rubbed her forehead. "You said you weren't going to hit me!"

 

"Yeah, but you hurt me," Chorong huffed.

 

At that, Bomi instantly felt bad again. She lowered herself once more and brought her face closer to Chorong. She closed her eyes.

 

The close proximity made Chorong's heart race. "Wh-what are you doing?"

 

"Waiting for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter