Bloom

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While doing her work, Eunji's eyes kept flickering to her personal assistant who was busy filing the stack of papers. She liked the serious look the blonde was wearing. It made her a gazillion times more attractive than she already Is.

 

"Naeunnie, what's one plus one?" Eunji asked. She couldn't help but disturb the blonde.

 

"Two," Naeun stated as a matter-of-factly, without even sparing the brunette a glance.

 

"No!" Eunji whined, "You're supposed to say gwiyomi."

 

Naeun exhaled sharply and glared at the brunette. "Stop being so childish. You're bothering me."

 

"Yah, I pay you!" Eunji huffed and furrowed her brows. "Stop insulting your boss."

 

"Like I said, I can always work for Krystal instead.

 

"You don't have my permission."

 

"I can always ask President Jung to transfer me."

 

"Why do you like that head manager so much?"

 

"It's not that I like her so much, it's just that I don't even like you."

 

"Why don't you like me?" Eunji pouted. "Chorong unnie doesn't like me too. Am I lacking a lot?"

 

"Time to look in the mirror and reflect," Naeun quipped. She saw the brunette's face fell for a fraction of a second, and instantly felt bad. "Anyway," she continued, moving on to another topic (though not quite), "this Chorong unnie who rejected you, I thought you said you guys would remain as friends? Why aren't you meeting her anymore?"

 

"She broke my heart."

 

"Yeah but you got something else that night."

 

Eunji smirked. "Oh yeah, I entered your cave of wonders.

 

Naeun shot the brunette a look of disgust. "You're gross."

 

Eunji's eyes curved into crescent shapes as she flashed a mischievous smile. "Should we relive that night again? My mind needs to refresh."

 

"Go bang someone else," Naeun flatly said.

 

"No strings attached, how about that?" Eunji suggested, trying to coax the blonde into agreeing to have another one night stand.

 

"Do I look like I provide ual services?"

 

"Pfft. As if you don't want it."

 

Strangely enough, Eunji's offer was tempting Naeun. The last time she had was with Bomi, almost, for the latter just had to let run freely and make a stupid remark that struck a raw nerve.

 

Of course, she did have with Eunji after that, but she wouldn't count that in since she didn't even remember what happened that night.

 

The blonde bit her bottom lip and glanced at Eunji. She hesitated. "When?"

 

Eunji looked at Naeun skeptically and raised an eyebrow. "You're not playing around are you?"

 

"I'm not like you," Naeun scoffed. "When and where?"

 

"Ay, how come you're suddenly agreeing to this?" Eunji asked as she wiggled her eyebrows.

 

Right at that moment, Naeun badly wanted to throw the thick file in her hand at her irritating employer's face. "Just answer my question."

 

"Tonight, my room."

 

"What if we get caught?"

 

"My room is soundproof remember? And I'll make sure Krystal that stink bomb doesn't disrupt our time. Don't worry, you're not going into the wardrobe this time round."

 

"Yeah, you better as hell ensure that I don't have to hide in there."

 

"I promise!" The brunette stuck out her pinky finger and hooked it with Naeun's. "See, a promise is made, and it shall be kept."

 

"Yeah whatever."

 

"I've always known you're a closeted ert."

 

"Seriously, I can't even be bothered to entertain your ramblings," the blonde grumbled.

 

Eunji laughed. "Do you remember the time I told you to remember my name?

 

"Guess so."

 

"Great. It's the name you'll be screaming tonight."

 

"Then I'll make sure you'll scream mine till the glasses break."

 

"I'll set that one up for you, y," Eunji stated with a wink.





 

"Oh, Hayoung? I didn't expect to see you again."

 

"What do you mean?" Hayoung asked, confused.

 

"You don't usually come twice in a week," Namjoo clarified.

 

"You keep track?"

 

"Actually, I was uttering nonsense," Namjoo confessed, a sheepish smile formed on her lips. "The truth is, I haven't bought your pepero. I thought you're dropping by next week."

 

"Oh" was all Hayoung managed to say. Her voice rang with disappointment at the fact that Namjoo was only kidding about keeping track. "Are you dropping by the paediatric ward again?"

 

"Why? Do you want to meet Yeri again?"

 

Yeri. Hayoung remembered that seven-year-old girl who took her box of pepero. Hayoung was by no stretch a petty person. She would willingly give Yeri the pepero if it wasn't a gift from Namjoo. That box of pepero from Namjoo was the first gift she had ever received in the past five years. Too bad, her ownership over the present didn't last long.

 

Hayoung shook her head and muttered under her breath, "She took my present."

 

"Did you say something?"

 

The paralegal glanced at Namjoo and shook her head again.

 

"I don't visit the paediatric ward often," Namjoo answered. "Are you going to visit your brother, or have you already visited him?"

 

"I haven't."

 

"Ah... I see. Have a good time, Hayoung. I'll be going off now."

 

"Wait," Hayoung said, grabbing onto the doctor's wrist. She gulped when the doctor looked at her quizzically.

 

"Is something wrong?"

 

"I have something for you."

 

"Which is?"

 

Hayoung let go of her grip and brought her left hand out which she had been keeping behind her back. In her hand was a stalk of rose. "It's for you," she said nervously.

 

An amused smile spread across Namjoo's face as she gently took the rose from Hayoung. "What's this for?"

 

"To thank you for your help with the stitches," Hayoung explained as she tried to hide her nervousness.

 

"Why, thank you. This is a lovely gift," Namjoo replied with a warm smile.

 

Hayoung's lips curled up as relief washed over her. "That's good to know."

 

Namjoo lightly patted the taller girl's head. "Love at first sight huh?"

 

"What?" Hayoung asked, clueless.

 

"Nothing, Hayoung," Namjoo chuckled, ruffling the paralegal's hair. "I'll get going then."

 

"Oh, okay."

 

"When you come back next week, find me to claim your pepero okay?"

 

"Yeah, I will," Hayoung responded with a small smile.





 

", what the hell are you doing!" Naeun groaned as she felt someone going down on her under the blanket.

 

"What do you think?" Eunji responded cheekily, even though her voice was slightly muffled.

 

Naeun grabbed the pillow from under her head and smacked the brunette on her head.

 

"What the ?" Eunji yelped, pulling the blanket off her. "What the hell is that for?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter