Distracted

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin looked as if he could lunge forward and shred Hayoung into pieces anytime soon. He definitely didn’t look happy.

 

“I don’t understand why you picked this over me,” Hanbin spat in utter disdain as he shot Hayoung a scornful look.

 

Krait held up his hand. “I don’t like it when my decision is being questioned, Hanbin. Hayoung is an important asset to this organization.”

 

“Then, what about me? I’ve helped you in more ways than this has. Why does she always have the upperhand when she’s the one who betrayed us?”

 

Krait clicked his tongue in disapproval. “That’s the problem with you, Hanbin. You’re too impulsive. I admire your leadership skills but the members in the higher-up seem to favour Hayoung over you.”

 

“Since when do you consider others’ opinions this much?”

 

“When you want to expand your organization, you cannot work alone. Remember that, Hanbin,” Krait stated in a stern manner. “Now go, I need to speak to these two.”

 

Hanbin gritted his teeth and clenched his fists as he stood up. His eyes were burning in anger, Hayoung could literally see the flames. She loved the pissed off look he wore, and gave him a smug smile.

 

Once the door swung shut, Krait cleared his throat and turned to look at Bomi. “Are you okay, Yoon Bomi-ssi?”

 

“I just don’t understand why you pick me when I just joined this organization.”

 

“It has come to my attention that you’ve been a person of high calibre. And this has also attracted the attention of a certain member in the higher-ups.”

 

Bomi was positive the member Krait mentioned was Kang Seulgi.

 

“You’ll meet her and the rest of the members soon,” Krait continued, then turned to face Hayoung. “Shock huh?”

 

Hayoung nodded slightly. “I didn’t think I stood a chance anymore.”

 

“Other than that tiny mistake that you did last time with regards to that undercover cop, you’ve always proved your stellar capabilities to me time and time again. Even the members in the higher-ups decided to overlook your one mistake and elected you to join them.”

 

“But Hanbin won’t be happy. He’ll have something up his sleeves,” Hayoung responded.

 

“You’ve survived many attacks over the years, haven’t you, Oh Hayoung?” Krait laughed, and Bomi found it sickening how he seemed to think that getting physically hurt was something Hayoung had to be immuned to.

 

Bomi noticed Hayoung clenching her fists under the table, as if trying to contain her anger. It amazed Bomi how well the paralegal hid her feelings. She was even wearing a mask of indifference.

 

“Then how do I know he won’t target Bomi?” Hayoung asked.

 

“Hanbin doesn’t hold a grudge against Bomi. It’s just you whom he seem to detest most,” Krait chuckled. “Your next meeting will be with the higher-ups. I’ll inform you two once the date and time are set. Now, leave.” He waved his hand dismissively.

 

Both Hayoung and Bomi took their leave. The two didn’t say a word after they got out. Both were absorbed in their own thoughts.

 

Worry, especially, washed over Hayoung. Hanbin could plan another attack anytime, and Hayoung couldn’t let her guard down.

 

On the other hand, Bomi couldn’t fathom the reason why she got picked. Getting the attention of a member in the higher-up didn’t seem so convincing to her. What would Seulgi gain from getting Bomi to join them?

 

The only plausible explanation that made sense to Bomi was that Krait, or rather, Park Seung Won wanted to keep a close watch on her.

 

If her assumption was true, it would mean that she had to be more careful.





 

“Naeunnie, you seem so distracted lately, are you okay?” Eunji asked, her voice laced with concern.

 

The brunette sitting in her chair seemed genuinely concerned. It hurt Naeun to think of how guilty she would feel and how terribly upset Eunji would be if she were to return as an undercover cop again.

 

“Would you question my decision to do things that might come off as unexpected?”

 

“Is there something shocking that you’re going to do?”

 

“I'm just asking a random question.”

 

“Is this unexpected thing about you slowly falling for me?” Eunji jested, with a playful smile.

 

“No,” the blonde scoffed. “You think too highly of yourself.”

 

“Geez, I’m always getting rejected.” Eunji let out a dramatic sigh.

 

“Is Kang Seungyoon a good man?” Naeun suddenly asked. If Kang Seulgi is a member of the higher-ups in Krait’s organization, Naeun wondered whether her twin brother is involved as well.

 

“You know that quote, ‘Nice guys finish last’ right? He’s like that.”

 

“Do you regret meeting him again?”

 

“Frankly speaking, I do,” Eunji stated, her voice ringing with regret. “Look at how many bouquets of roses he has delivered to me over the past few days. He must have thought my visit opened a new door of opportunities for him.”

 

“He seriously needs to stop that,” Naeun mumbled in irritation.

 

Noticing the annoyed look on Naeun’s face, Eunji’s eyes instantly formed crescent shapes. “Someone’s jealous,” she sang out.

 

“You’re annoying me,” Naeun scowled. She checked the clock on wall. “Half an hour more till I knock off. Is there anything you want me to do?”

 

“I want you to do...” Eunji gave a mischievous grin, “me.”

 

The corner of Naeun's mouth tugged up. The blonde locked the door and sashayed towards the eyesmiling girl. She slowly popped open Eunji’s blouse buttons one by one.

 

“Wait,” Eunji held Naeun’s hands that were working on her blouse, “is the door really locked?”

 

“Yes,” Naeun assured, “your cousin won’t barge in this time round.”

 

Eunji shuddered at the sudden reminder of Krystal suddenly barging into her office while Naeun was going down on her. Thankfully, Naeun was hidden under the desk, away from Krystal’s view. The redhead, surprisingly, didn’t notice any suspicious activities going around.

 

“You’re not going to use a on me again, are you?” Eunji asked warily.

 

“Why are you asking so many questions?” Naeun grunted. “Did I do a bad job the last time we had or something?”

 

“I just think your fingers fit me better than the ,” Eunji smirked.

 

“Mmm,” Naeun hummed as she straddled Eunji. “Then I’ll put all five in you,” she whispered seductively into the brunette’s ear.





 

"Bbom-ah, is something bothering you?" Chorong asked the brunette who was spacing out while resting on the couch in her office.

 

Bomi let out a loud, deep sigh. "Unnie, why is life so complicated?"

 

"You know, that's the sort of question my dad likes to ask people."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter