End

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright, that's all. Have a good time, Miss Oh Hayoung," Namjoo informed the paralegal.

 

"Thank you."

 

"It's my job," Namjoo responded with a smile. She pulled the door open and quietly clicked the door shut.

 

Once Namjoo was gone, Hayoung settled on the chair, her eyes resting on her older brother's face. The patient had his eyes shut.

 

"Oppa," Hayoung said softly. "A lot has happened since the last time I visited you. I haven't been feeling good at all. It would be great if you could console me, but that's just a wishful thinking of mine. You've been this way for the past five years, and you would probably remain this way until the end of time."

 

She started fiddling with the hem of her blouse. Her heart wept as horrific memories of the darkest and agonizing period of her life came flooding back in a torrent. She flinched and her breathing started becoming erratic. Squeezing her eyes shut, she inhaled a long, deep breath, then exhaled slowly. The cycle repeated until her heartbeat went back to normal.

 

She slowly reached for her brother's warm hand. "Oppa, I know you aren't proud of what I'm doing now. I'm not too. But I'm doing this for you. Maybe my method is wrong in the eyes of the law, but I've managed to survive for 4 years without getting caught. I wish this would be over soon, but I'm starting to face a lot more difficulties. And truthfully, I'm starting to get exhausted."

 

She leaned closer and planted a quick kiss on her brother's forehead. "Please promise me you'll stay until this whole thing is done."

 

Leaning back against the backrest of the chair again, she continued, "There's Sooyoung that I can turn to when I need some comforting but I don't want to trouble her even more. I already dragged her into this mess." Hayoung sighed as her mind drifted to a certain blonde. "I'm in love with my girlfriend, oppa. I don't know what to do. Is it selfish of me if I make her stick with me even though I know I'm putting her life at risk? I can't stand the thought of her being with someone else."

 

Hayoung felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. It was an unknown number on the caller I.D.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey Hayoung, it's me, Mino. You're not going to believe what I just discovered."

 

"What?"

 

"I just found out who the mole is."

 

"Who is it?"

 

"The mole is..."





 

“Chorong unnie, who’s your type?” Eunji asked as she spun the swivel chair.

 

“Not you,” the older girl deadpanned, her eyes fixed on the computer screen as her fingers furiously typed on the keyboard.

 

“Why am I not your type?”

 

“You’re too playful Eunji. You don’t even have a job.”

 

“I can be a housewife.”

 

“Does it matter whether you’re my type or not?”

 

“Of course it does! I like you.”

 

Chorong turned to look at the younger girl. “I like you too, Eunji. But, it’s not in that way.”

 

Eunji frowned. “Is it because of Bomi? You like her right?”

 

Chorong didn’t respond.

 

“Will you like me if I become more serious? If I get a proper job and earn more money than Bomi, will you pick me?”

 

“I don’t know,” the older girl shrugged.

 

“You don’t know?” Eunji repeated, raising an eyebrow. “You’re not sure of your feelings yet?”

 

“I don’t know means I don’t know,” Chorong said in exasperation. “Stop asking me so many questions. I actually kinda prefer your annoying self.”

 

Eunji’s eyes curved into crescent shapes. “Okay CEO Park! Annoying Eunji is back in the game.”

 

“Go away and scam someone else. Isn’t that your job?”

 

“Actually, I have repented.”

 

“That is as real as pigs can fly.”

 

Eunji shook her head. “Nope. I really have repented.”

 

Chorong looked at the brunette skeptically. “Really?”

 

“Yeah! Is it so hard to believe me?”

 

“Duh? You lie all the time!”

 

“I don’t! I do state the truths sometimes but you never ever notice them!”

 

“Am I supposed to play Sherlock now and figure out what your lies and your truths are?”

 

Eunji pulled a long face. “You’re no fun CEO Park.”

 

Chorong rolled her eyes. “So what are you doing now? Finding a new job?”

 

“Why would I find one?”

 

“Because you’ve stopped conning people?”

 

“Ahh…” A sly smile spread across Eunji’s face. “Well, I told you I’ve repented, but I didn’t say for how long.”

 

“What the hell are you going about now?”

 

“Remember the social gathering that I attended with you? Some lunatic rich started chasing after me so I had to hide! Then, I accidentally promised God I would repent.”

 

“There’s no such thing as accidentally promising God something!”

 

“There is to me,” Eunji protested. “Anyway, I decided to keep that promise for a week. So I have two more days left!”

 

Chorong sighed. The eyesmiling girl never stopped rendering her speechless. “You need to get yourself checked into a mental asylum, weirdo.”





 

"So how does it feel like screwing a criminal?"

 

"You're being rude here, unnie. It's not like we daily."

 

"Of course you don't. Well, at least you're luckier than me. I've been going ing cold turkey for a year."

 

"Someone's thirsty."

 

Bomi crossed her arms, her eyebrows bending inward into a frown. "Well, duh. Try being me someday. You'll die. Wanna know why? It's because I have to take on life-threatening roles. While you," Bomi glared at the blonde standing in front of her, "you live a lavish life. Your filthy rich girlfriend buys you expensive things daily. And if you were to ever quit being an undercover cop, you can still continue being a darn supermodel."

 

The blonde laughed. "Unnie, firstly, daily is an exaggeration. Secondly, she's not even my real girlfriend. Thirdly, I'm sorry you don't meet the requirements to get my role."

 

Bomi scowled, giving the blonde a middle finger before exhaling a heavy sigh. "You're so cocky, I ing hate it."

 

"I am not."

 

"Yeah, whatever." Bomi rolled her eyes. "It's because of your incapabilities that I now have to handle your ing girlfriend and be part of her goddamn clan."

 

"Hey, you speak as if I've never managed to dig out some dirt about her."

 

"All you've only managed to dig is her wealth and her body."

 

"Shut your uncou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter