Orange

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Naeunnie!”

 

A certain blonde turned around, looking for the source of the voice. She noticed a redhead charging towards her, and she immediately stumbled backwards, hastily searching for her car keys in her bag so that she could swipe the face of her attacker with it.

 

To her surprise, the redhead ran past her and instead hugged a red motorcycle parked right next to her car.

 

“Yah Naeunnie, a naive baldie gave me $500 after I read his palm! Can you believe it?” the weird redhead informed her motorcycle.

 

Naeun couldn’t quite wrap her head around the redhead’s eccentric behaviour. She lightly patted the redhead’s shoulder. “Excuse me?”

 

The redhead turned and looked at Naeun in astonishment. “Omo,” she gasped. “Miss Son Naeun?”

 

“Yeah…?”

 

“Omo!” Eunji exclaimed. “Miss Son Naeun! I’m a huge fan of you! I collect every magazine that has you in it! I even have your posters pasted on my wall!”

 

“Err…”

 

Eunji fished out a black permanent marker from the pocket of her leather jacket and handed it to Naeun. "I need your autograph please," she pleaded.

 

Naeun bit her lip, hesitating to give Eunji an autograph. She was a bit wary of the redhead since the latter behaved so weirdly.

 

Sensing the model's hesitation, Eunji gave her a puppy face and in a voice filled with vomit-inducing aegyo, she said, "Please sign on my bike?"

 

Surprisingly, or rather, unsurprisingly for Eunji, Naeun found that action adorable, and thus came to a conclusion that Eunji was a harmless being, so she took the marker and did as requested.

 

Score.

 

A smug smile formed on Eunji's lips, but it quickly dissipated once Naeun turned to hand the marker back.

 

"Thank you, Miss Son Naeun for signing on my Naeunnie."

 

Naeun was all smiles until she heard Eunji calling her bike Naeunnie.

 

"I'm sorry?"

 

"For?" Eunji asked with a puzzled look.

 

"No," Naeun replied, rolling her eyes. "What did you call your bike?"

 

"Naeunnie?"

 

"You named your bike Naeunnie?!" Naeun raised her voice, shocking Eunji.

 

"Wh-what's wrong with that? I'm a huge fan of you. Of course I would name my bike after my idol," Eunji defended.

 

"That's offensive!"

 

"Hey! Don't insult my bike!"

 

"Change its name to something else," Naeun ordered.

 

"Why does the name of my bike bother you? It's not like I'm calling her Son Naeun! And my bike is a SHE not IT."

 

"You're rude," Naeun remarked, glaring at Eunji.

 

"What the..." Eunji narrowed her eyes at the blonde. "I don't like you anymore! I'm totally going to scrub off your ugly signature on my Naeunnie."

 

"You little-"

 

"Babe?"

 

Both Naeun and Eunji turned their heads in unison.

 

It was Hayoung.

 

Walking over to Naeun and wrapping her arm around the blonde's waist protectively, Hayoung looked at Eunji with a condescending gaze.

 

"Why are you bothering my girlfriend?"

 

Eunji gulped, as shivers scuttled down her spine. "N-nothing." She hurriedly got on her bike and rode off.

 

"You didn't have to scare her off like that, Hayoung," Naeun said in a gentle voice.

 

"I saw everything. I don't like the way she looks at you."

 

Naeun could sense the hint of jealousy in Hayoung's tone.

 

"Are you jealous?" Naeun teased.

 

There was a flash of surprise across Hayoung's face but she reverted back to her normal cold, hard stare so quickly that Naeun almost thought she was just imagining things.

 

The younger girl's response was the usual icy "No".

 

What's new.

 

Hayoung opened the door for Naeun, and the blonde slid in the passenger seat. After buckling her seatbelt, she shot quick glances at Hayoung who was settling in the driver's seat. The younger girl had been behaving weirdly around her as of late.

 

"What?" Hayoung asked, her eyes slicing over to Naeun after turning on the engine.

 

"Nothing."

 

"Okay." Upon releasing the handbrake, Hayoung stepped on the gas pedal and made a left turn, driving towards the exit of the carpark.

 

Even though she was keeping a straight face, Hayoung's mind was racing with all sorts of thoughts. The bubbles of fear and worry were slowly forming in her chest.

 

This couldn't be.

 

This shouldn't happen.

 

Her heart swelled when realisation hit her that she was slowly falling for her girlfriend.

 

"Watch out!"

 

Naeun's shout made Hayoung snap out of her trance. She instantly slammed her foot against the brake pedal, jam breaking the car. Naeun clutched her chest, her breaths in short bouts.

 

"You almost killed someone!" the blonde shrieked.

 

"Sorry," Hayoung mumbled, the colour draining from her face. "I think you should drive instead."

 

Naeun looked at the younger girl with a concerned expression. She placed her hand on top of Hayoung's hand that was on the gearshift lever, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Are you okay babe?"

 

"Y-yeah," Hayoung stammered, her eyes fixed on Naeun's hand. "I'm just tired. The cases I had to deal with at work sort of drained my energy." It wasn't entirely false though, Hayoung did have a headache because of the cases she had to help handle.

 

"Okay, let me take over then," Naeun replied.

 

Hayoung nodded weakly, as she unbuckled her seatbelt.





 

"Damn son. Such dirty luck I have to meet my idol only to discover that she's an arrogant prick. Typical supermodel disease. On top of that, her girlfriend is scary as I almost pissed in my pants," Eunji grumbled to herself, as she walked up the staircase to the office building. The automatic doors slid open, and Eunji headed towards the receptionist desk.

 

"I need to meet Miss Park Chorong."

 

"You are?"

 

"Tell her Eunji wants to meet her."

 

"Do you have an appointment with her?"

 

"Aish," Eunji sighed. "It's really urgent."

 

"I'm sorry but you need to book an appointment in order to meet her."

 

Eunji took a quick scan of her surroundings. After making sure the coast was clear, she leaned forward, bringing herself closer to the receptionist, and in a whisper she said, "I'm her secret girlfriend."

 

The receptionist gasped loudly, earning some odd looks from her fellow colleagues. She immediately covered .

 

"Keep it a secret if you don't want to get fired, okay?" Eunji said in a hushed tone.

 

Nodding her head a little too excessively, the receptionist assured, "Yes, don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Eunji gave her an eyesmile. "Your Miss Park's office is on the 15th floor. Once you exit the lift, turn to your ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter