Mapsosa

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, are you free tomorrow night?"

 

"Why?"

 

"My former high school classmate invited me to his social gathering. And I don't want to go alone."

 

"Then don't attend."

 

"Unnieeeeee," Namjoo whined. "He's a good friend of mine. It'll be rude of me not to attend. Come on, it won't be long. You can even find more clients there!"

 

Bomi sighed. "Who's this friend you're talking about?"

 

"Yook Sungjae."

 

That name rang a bell. Bomi chewed on her bottom lip, her brows bending inward as she tried to recall where she had heard that name. Her face instantly lit up when she realised it was Yook Sungjae's lavish party that she had to attend tomorrow night and supposedly act as a waitress.  

 

Hell yeah, now I don't have to pretend to be a waitress.

 

With a smile she told her younger cousin, "I'll be going."





 

"I really detest this sort of social gatherings for the rich people," Eunji groaned, glancing at the sea of people around her in the big hall. All of them looked so expensive to her. And so fake.

 

"Stop complaining. I've paid you 5 grand for a task so simple as this. You better do a good job if you want a bonus," Chorong spoke softly, gritting her teeth.

 

Eunji’s eyes lit up. "How much?"

 

"It depends on your performance, money-grubber," Chorong smirked.

 

The eyesmiling girl immediately wrapped her arm around her fake girlfriend's waist. "Let's go sweetie pie!"

 

"Eww," Chorong said distastefully. "Don't use such a term!"

 

Eunji clicked her tongue. "Geez, such a fussy girlfriend. How about darling?"

 

"Yeah that'll be just fine, Hyerimmie," Chorong snickered.

 

"EWW!" Eunji spat mockingly, earning a painful pinch on her backhand which was resting on Chorong's waist. "Well ," she hissed, "You didn't have to abuse me like that."

 

"Hey noona!" Sungjae called out to Chorong.

 

"Do your job, Song Hyerim," warned Chorong.

 

The couple moved a few steps forward as Sungjae approached them.

 

"So this is the girlfriend you're talking about the other day?" he asked, eyeing Eunji suspiciously.

 

"Yeah. This is my girlfriend, Song Hyerim," Chorong said, plastering a proud smile.

 

"Hello Mr Yook. I'm Song Hyerim," Eunji introduced herself.

 

Both Sungjae and her exchanged a firm handshake.

 

"What's your occupation, Miss Song?"

 

"I'm a freelance investment broker."

 

"Oh, so you've been in the industry for quite some time then?"

 

"Well yeah, maybe about 5 odd years or so."

 

Suspicion began to dissolve from Sungjae's face, morphing into plain nosiness. "How did the two of you meet then?"

 

Eunji opened to answer, but Chorong quickly cut in, "Now you're just being a busybody, Yook Sungjae."

 

"I was just asking a harmless question, noona," Sungjae argued.

 

Chorong rolled her eyes and dragged Eunji away from the nosy chairman of Cube Inc. "Freelance investment broker? Really?" she asked, glaring at Eunji.

 

"Then what do you want me to say?" Eunji retorted. "The CEO of Blanc & Eclare Group?"

 

"Do you always have to rebut me?" Chorong sighed.

 

"Maybe." A cocky smile across Eunji's face. "Maybe not."

 

"You're so annoying," Chorong huffed.

 

"CEO Park!"

 

"Crap," Chorong muttered, glancing at the man decked in black gesturing to her to come over. She looked at Eunji, whispering to the latter’s right ear, "There are a few stakeholders that I have to talk to, is it okay if I leave you for a while?"

 

"Sure!" Eunji beamed. "I'll just make new friends."

 

Chorong narrowed her eyes at the beaming girl. "You better as hell behave, Eunji."

 

"Geez, so little faith in your girlfriend," Eunji scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Go, go," she said dismissively, lightly pushing the CEO of Park Enterprise away.

 

Chorong gave her a final warning look before walking away. Eunji then turned around and headed towards the table filled with a plethora of desserts. "Well, since it's the rich people's party, the food served better be good."

 

"I didn't expect to see you here, Eunji," a brunette spoke, placing a hand on Eunji's shoulder.

 

"Neither did I, Bomi." Eunji was delightfully surprised to meet her fellow biker friend at the same event. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Had to accompany my cousin..." Bomi said, as she glanced briefly at Namjoo who was busy talking to Sungjae, "...who has clearly abandoned me since she's busy catching up with an old friend," she continued, sounding rather unhappy. "And looking for possible clients," she added with a smile. "What about you?"

 

"I'm here coz I have a job to do."

 

"So you're not jobless after all are you?"

 

"Of course I'm not!" Eunji responded with glee, her crescent-shaped eyes forming as she smiled. "Anyway, I've modified parts of my bike already, thank you for your recommendation!"

 

"Anything for a friend," Bomi grinned. Her face instantly fell a split second later, catching Eunji's attention.

 

"Hey Bomi, I didn't expect to see you here," a tall and slim blonde with brown highlights sneered at the brunette.

 

"Yeah, I didn't expect to see you here too," Bomi replied with a poker face.

 

The blonde smirked. "Rebuilding your life again after gambling your career away? And losing your girlfriend?"

 

Bomi inhaled a long breath. "Honestly, come to think of it, I'm glad I got dumped by my girlfriend. I can't believe it took me this long to realise that she wasn't worth my time."

 

The blonde scowled. "I hate you Yoon Bomi."

 

"You've told me that before, Park Kyungri. Please go back to your rich boyfriend. I'm pretty sure he's searching for you," Bomi responded coldly.

 

Bomi averted her gaze when she noticed the blonde shooting her death glares. The blonde scoffed, and spun on her heel, walking away angrily.

 

"Now who's that? A bitter ex-girlfriend?" Eunji asked, slightly nudging Bomi's arm.

 

"Yeah," Bomi answered.

 

"She sure is snobbish," Eunji commented, making a face.

 

"She's not like that," Bomi sighed. “It's my fault. I promised her a bright future but I dashed all of her hopes."

 

Eunji's curiosity piqued. "Do enlighten me."

 

Bomi chuckled and flicked Eunji's forehead. "Stop being such a busybody," she said playfully.

 

"Geez, you're no fun. I'm just gonna-" Eunji stopped mid-sentence. Her eyes widened when she saw someone familiar- a redhead squinting at her from afar, as if trying to properly make out her face. "Holy , I gotta go off now, let's talk later," she said to Bomi in a rush before hastening her pace towards the exit door.

 

The redhead quickened her steps, attempting to follow Eunji closely. She took bigger and faster strides. "Jung Eunji!" she yelled.

 

"ing ," Eunji grunted. She pushed the exit door open and ran straight into the female toilet. She kicked the first door of the cubicle open and rushed inside, hastily slammi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter