Gone

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Today’s your last day,” Eunji pouted.

 

“Is there anything you want me to do for you? I mean, other than our plan at night.”

 

Eunji spun round her swivel chair while humming a random song. Her face instantly lit up when a sudden idea struck her. “Actually, there is a place I would like to bring you to.”





 

Eunji brought Naeun to Namsan Tower. The brunette was combing through all the locks, trying to look for the red heart-shaped locks she had affixed to the railings when she came there with Chorong.

 

Naeun looked at Eunji as she tapped her foot on the ground impatiently. “Hey, how long do I have to witness you frantically searching for god knows what?”

 

“Sorry,” Eunji gave a sheepish smile. “Can you help me find two red heart-shaped locks? Both have my initials on them.”

 

“What do you plan to do if I do find them?”

 

“I need to unlock them.”

 

“But you don’t have the keys, or do you?”

 

“I threw them into the key bin but I know how to picklock.”

 

“Have you ever attempted picklocking before?” Naeun asked in curiosity.

 

“Hell yeah. I was a troublesome kid back in high school and university. Picking locks is my forte,” Eunji flashed her blinding eye-smile at the blonde. “Hurry, help me, Miss I’d Bang You Over and Over Again This Night.”

 

Naeun scrunched her face in disgust. “You need to control your uncouth mouth in public.”

 

Eunji snorted then snickered, “As if your mouth isn’t as uncouth when we do it in public places.”

 

“Annoying ,” Naeun scoffed. She decided to not entertain Eunji further and went on to help the brunette look for the locks.

 

“Found it!” Eunji exclaimed as she held the locks with one hand, and another free hand in her pocket to reach for a bobby pin.

 

Naeun watched intently as the brunette skilfully unlocked the locks. She made a mental note to herself to ask Eunji to teach her how to picklock someday. Such a skill would definitely come in handy since she was back in the police force.

 

“Time to discard them!”

 

“You’re going to discard the locks?”

 

“Duh…?” Eunji responded while giving Naeun a look, as if the blonde had just asked an utterly silly question. “Don't you know that the name of the girl written on these locks is already someone else’s? It’s inappropriate and rude of me to not remove these locks.”

 

“You’re so considerate,” Naeun commented. “You should just marry Kang Seungyoon since you guys are a match made in heaven.”

 

“Really?” Eunji gasped. “Then I’ll text him a thank you with a big heart shape and a kiss emoticon everytime his bouquet of flowers gets delivered to my workplace.”

 

“Don’t you dare,” Naeun snarled.

 

Eunji laughed. “Someone’s jealous.”

 

“Am not,” the blonde scowled. “You piss me off everytime you say like that.”

 

“You started the whole Kang Seungyoon !” Eunji retorted.

 

“Ugh fine,” Naeun admitted defeat. “Are we done now?”

 

“Of course not! I’m going to replace these locks with new ones.” Eunji fished out a pair of white oval-shaped locks. “Tadah!”

 

Naeun frowned. “Why are they oval-shaped and not a heart-shaped type?”

 

“An oval doesn’t have any corner or a sharp edge. That is the representation of our relationship.”

 

“Can you give a clearer explanation?” Naeun sighed.

 

“It means no one will get hurt in this relationship of ours. When something goes in circles, it’ll never end. So, in case you fall for me in future, I can be assured that your love for me will never end too! It’ll go round and round and round.”

 

Eunji’s explanation made Naeun dumbfounded. It made sense, as silly as it sounded. But, guilt also tugged at the corner of her heart because she didn't know what lies ahead of her. Meddling with the people from the underworld again, there was a high risk her identity might get exposed again.

 

And Kang Seulgi. Naeun didn’t know what to expect from her future employer. What if she had to be romantically involved with Seulgi, just like how she had done so with Hayoung?

 

That would break Eunji’s heart.

 

Naeun unconsciously exhaled a deep sigh. Now that she thought about it again, she regretted for agreeing to come back.

 

But Oh Hayoung.

 

Hayoung was finally working with them. Perhaps with the former criminal, who was also her ex-girlfriend, switching sides, the case would be done soon.

 

As of now, Naeun tried to curb her feelings for Eunji. She had to exercise self-control. Otherwise, she would get Eunji into trouble as well.

 

Noticing how Naeun was spacing out, Eunji snapped her fingers in front of the blonde’s face, successfully breaking the latter out of her trance.

 

“What?” Naeun asked in irritation.

 

“What?” Eunji mimicked the blonde’s expression, earning a glare from the latter. “Geez, you need to stop doing that. Anyway, while you were busy fantasising about our hot night later, I did all the work for you, and I have already attached the locks to the railings.”

 

Naeun arched an eyebrow. “What did you write?”

 

“See it for yourself,” the brunette smirked.

 

On one lock, I do JEJ good was written. And on another, the words But I do SNE better graced the lock.

 

“You’re so dirty!” Naeun groaned. “You could have written something more appropriate!”

 

A cheeky smile formed on the brunette’s lips. “Ay, then that wouldn’t be fun.”





 

“Thank god your parents aren’t home,” Bomi mumbled as she latched onto Chorong’s exposed neck.

 

Chorong giggled softly as she tilted her head to give Bomi a better access. “Remember to thank my mum for insisting on going for another honeymoon trip to Stockholm with my dad.”

 

“Mm, I will.” Bomi began to slowly on the older girl’s pulse point, earning a low gasp from the latter.

 

Chorong’s hands weaved into Bomi’s brown locks, pulling the girl up. With Bomi’s face so close to hers, Chorong felt a sharp jolt of desire as she felt the brunette’s breath scorching her lips. The close proximity was making her heart beat even faster. Without wasting another second, she closed the gap and pressed her lips against Bomi’s.

 

Her hands drifted under Bomi’s shirt, and that sent the brunette a salad of lust, excitement, want and need. Heat began to mount inside of her, and her left hand s behind to unhook the brunette’s bra.





 

Both Chorong and Bomi were exhausted. They had gone at it all night. Chorong was unexpectedly the dominant one, but Bomi wasn’t complaining. She liked it whenever Chorong shows her dominant side, especially in this sort of situation.

 

Chorong was close to giving into deep sleep, her eyelids slowly shutting, until Bomi spoke.

 

“I didn’t know you have a tattoo of a snake,” Bomi commented, pertaining to the tattoo she saw on the older’s back waist.

 

“Does it bother you?”

 

“Of course not. I just didn’t expect someone like you to have a tattoo,” Bomi confessed.

 

“Someone like me?” Chorong raised an eyebrow. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter