Victorious

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months ago, National Intelligence Agency Headquarters

 

The jet-black haired lady sauntered into her superior’s office. “Yes, sir?”

 

The superior’s lips curled upwards. “You do know why I’m calling you back, right? Take a seat, young lady.”

 

She pulled out the chair and settled comfortably on it. “Another mission?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Oh damn,” she whined. “I just finished the latest mission in Thailand! Give me a break.”

 

The superior laughed. “That ended four months ago, Agent Jung. You have such a great sense of humour, haven’t you?”

 

“Four months for a break isn’t enough though,” Eunji replied, pulling a face, “After I got back, I had incurred the wrath of Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Geez, I wonder what rotten luck I have to be related to that ice queen, and be a VP in that company.”

 

“Well, all I know is that, that is definitely not the first time you have incurred her wrath.”

 

Eunji raised her hands in defeat. “Geez, you got me there sir,” she chuckled. “So what’s the mission this time round?”

 

He handed her a few files. “The police have asked for our help. Because based on the case they’ve been working for years, it was recently found out that this organization led by ‘Krait’, does not only operate domestically, but also internationally.”

 

Eunji cocked an eyebrow. “And they didn’t ask help from the Interpol?”

 

“The police don’t even know who’s the head of the organization. Apparently, this ‘Krait’ wears a snake mask. And this organization of his has been doing a splendid job in covering up their crimes.”

 

“Seems to me that the police department is just incompetent,” Eunji snorted.

 

“Hold your tongue, Agent Jung. We don’t want to be offending the civil members who maintain law and order in our society, do we?”

 

Eunji let out a dramatic sigh and counted the number of files she had to study. Five. She gasped, “Five?!”

 

“Why are you so surprised?”

 

“It’s too much.”

 

“It’s nothing much, Agent Jung. One of the files contain information about the criminal organization. Another one contains information of our primary suspect. And the remaining three are the undercover cops working on the case.”

 

“Huh?” Eunji asked, puzzled, “Why do I need to know about the undercover cops involved?”

 

“So that you’re not going to kill them while on the mission?” the superior responded like it was the most obvious thing ever. “It’s up to you how you want to do this mission. You can choose to approach them and work with them right from the start or -”

 

“Oh sir,” Eunji beamed, “You know I don’t work that way.”

 

The superior gave her a knowing smile. “I know you don’t. I’ll be looking forward to hearing good news from you, Agent Jung.”

 

“I’ll finish this within the year, sir.”

 

“I hope you’ll keep to that promise.”


 

Alone in her lair, the jet-black haired lady had her back slumped against her swivel chair as she read through Park Chorong’s file. “Too hot, hot damn,” she commented playfully as she swooned over Park Chorong’s photo. “Too bad, this girl’s a criminal. Such an unfortunate case this one.” She took another file and was awestruck the moment her eyes landed on the photo of a blonde lady. “I need to have her.” She wiped the drool at the corner of with her backhand and glanced through the profile of the blonde. “Son Naeun.”

 

Eunji grinned like a fool. “We’re so getting married once we’re done with this case, blondie.”

-


 

A few hours before Operation Krait took place

 

“Okay, so I’ve settled the case with Eunji and Naeun. I swear to God, I don’t have a good feeling about this.”

 

“Relax, Bomi. Eunji’s a spy from NIA, she knows what she’s doing.”

 

“We’re taking a huge risk here,” Bomi sighed. “I bet your dad’s people have already dragged them to the depot. Oh god, my baby cousin’s going to be the next target in a few hours’ time.”

 

“Bbom-ah,” Chorong reached for her girlfriend’s hands. “It’s going to be alright. Kihyun is going to help us too.”

 

“Can we really trust him? I feel like all of us is going to end up killed.”

 

The older one chuckled. “Eunji has gone through the plan with us over and over again. There’s no loopholes here. We will get out of this alive.”

 

“Okay,” Bomi said with a resigned sigh, before she angry-squinted Chorong. “I can’t believe you hid the fact that Hayoung’s been dating my baby cousin! That would have totally saved me a trip to the hospital just now,” she pursed her lips.

 

“Oh come on, don’t be such a baby. We needed to make everything look realistic, remember?”

 

“I deserve a Grammy award for this.”

 

“No,” Chorong giggled. “Eunji deserves that award the most. She’s been fooling us all along.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Bomi laughed, “That has been tricking us. And, what? She only decided to confess to me three days before this operation after seeing her distressed lover in a drunken state?”

 

“Give her a break, Bbom-ah. Having to hurt Naeun to just to keep the blonde away from her must have emotionally and mentally drained her.”

 

The brunette hummed in agreement. It felt so strange. All this while, Naeun had been working so hard to drive Eunji away because she didn’t want the latter to be harmed. And yet at the same time, Eunji had also been secretly trying to push Naeun away just so that she could finish the mission.

 

Her eyes flitted to her watch. “A few more hours to go before you start work, Boa.”

 

Chorong cracked a smile. “Well, someone’s going down.”

 

“Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Yeah,” Chorong nodded. “Remind me to inform Hayoung that she should be thanking me for slipping that note into her pocket.”

 

“Gosh, you’re so sneaky about everything.”

 

“I’m only sneaky about this matter because I don’t want you to ruin Hayoung’s happiness. She loves your cousin, and your cousin loves her too.”

 

A sigh left Bomi’s lips. “Then she needs to be ready. I’ll be blasting at her later for being irresponsible.”

 

“Don’t be too mean to her,” Chorong slipped her hand into Bomi’s. “It will make her lose focus when the operation starts. We only have approximately an hour to do it.”

 

“I seriously hope Jung ing Eunji isn’t being an ambitious here. An hour just to take down the criminals and save the victims seems so out of reach.”

 

“Have some trust in your friend, Bomi. There’s a reason why she’s known as the ace in NIA.”

-




 

The door of the ward swung open and a raging blonde entered the ward, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter