Oops

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong was spacing out in her office. Today was the last day. She had to make her decision. Eunji and her would be heading to Hangang Park again after dinner to talk.

 

She had to admit that Eunji had put in a lot of effort to impress her, and the brunette's sweet gestures did make her melt.

 

But Chorong was still uncertain of a future with Eunji. She felt that five days were still not enough to make her fall completely in love with Eunji. She didn't want to dive into a relationship too quickly. Maybe she needed more time to figure everything out.

 

Then her mind drifted to another brunette- Yoon Bomi. Recalling what Bomi had said to her, Chorong took out a coin from her purse.

 

"Head's Bbom and tail's Eunji," she muttered under her breath.

 

She tossed the coin. Hope rose cautiously in her heart at the same time the coin was up in the air. She didn't even have to wait and see which side the coin landed on, for she already knew whom she wanted to be with.





 

"Eunji-yah," Chorong spoke as they walked along the Han River.

 

The brunette stopped in her tracks and exhaled sharply. "You're not gonna pick me, are you?"

 

"Eunji, you're a lovely person, and I love hanging out with you."

 

"Unnie, you don't have to say all that. You can just get straight to the point instead of beating around the bush. I know you're not picking me."

 

"Eunji-yah, I really like you. But-"

 

"I'm not your answer."

 

"I'm sorry Eunji," Chorong sighed, her voice laced with regret.

 

"It's okay. I guess I saw it coming."

 

Chorong felt really bad for wasting the younger girl's time and energy. "I'm really sorry, Eunji."

 

"It's fine, unnie. I hope you'll be happy with Bomi. I know she'll be happy to know that you've chosen her," she said, then continued jokingly, "even though I found you first."

 

"Is there any way I can make it up to you? Please tell me, I feel horrible for wasting your time."

 

"Nah, you didn't waste my time," Eunji replied with an assuring smile. "So don't feel bad. I enjoyed the time I got to spend with you. I hope you did too."

 

A smile tugged at Chorong's lips. "Of course I did."

 

Silence engulfed them when Eunji didn't respond anymore.

 

"Well, I know what you can do to make me feel less bitter about you rejecting me," Eunji suddenly said. "Wanna know?"

 

"What is it?"

 

"A kiss."

 

Chorong was caught off guard by Eunji's answer.

 

"A kiss?"

 

"Yeah. A goodbye kiss. On the lips."

 

"G-goodbye? L-lips?" the older girl stammered.

 

"Don't over analyse," Eunji chuckled. "A goodbye kiss to my putting in effort to make you fall for me. We're going to stay as friends from now onwards aren't we?"

 

"Oh."

 

Eunji took Chorong's hand, and leaned into the older girl, closing the gap between their lips which were barely millimetres apart.

 

Chorong's emotions were swinging all over the place. Her heart was pounding so hard she could hear it thumping in her ears. As she felt the brunette pulling her closer, Chorong surrendered to the moment. The kiss was gentle, deep and passionate, banishing every single thought in the older girl's head.

 

When Eunji broke her lips away from the kiss, Chorong felt warm and dizzy, and strangely empty. She wished Eunji hadn't pull away so soon.

 

But that made her even more confused with herself.

 

Am I really in love with Eunji? Chorong silently wondered.

 

"Thank you," the brunette finally said as a small smile appeared on her face.

 

Even though her heart was still racing, Chorong managed to return the smile.

 

"I'll be busy the next few days so I won't be able to drop by often. Jessica unnie has given me a lot of to handle," Eunji complained, lifting up the otherwise awkward atmosphere. She let out a dramatic sigh, earning a small laugh from the older girl.

 

"At least you're working to earn money instead of scamming other people."

 

"Believe it or not, I did return the money I took from the people I've scammed."

 

Chorong arched an eyebrow. "How?"

 

"Well, I have my ways," Eunji replied, wiggling her eyebrows. "Why don't I drive you home?"

 

"Then how are you gonna get home? You didn't bring your bike along."

 

"There's always a cab around unnie! Or I can always call my driver," the brunette grinned.

 

Little did they know, someone else was watching them from afar. The brunette pressed her hand to her chest, as if a corner of her heart had torn a little. Her heart had plummeted like a rock after witnessing Chorong and Eunji kissing.

 

"Right, there are other ways to be closer to Chorongie unnie. Guess the one I chose just happens to be the wrong one," Bomi sighed.





 

"What are you doing at my turf, Naeunnie?" Eunji asked upon noticing the blonde occupying her usual spot.

 

After driving Chorong home, Eunji decided to head to her favourite food stall to get her mind off things.

 

Naeun rolled her eyes. "Since when is this your turf, unnie?"

 

"I'm a rich person, and a rich person owns everything."

 

"And I thought you said you hated being called a rich kid. What a hypocrite."

 

Eunji made a face. "I'm just a confused heiress."

 

"Bull."

 

"I am not," Eunji retorted. She sat beside Naeun, then moved her chair slightly further away. "Just keeping a distance, in case you touch me."

 

"Why would I even want to touch you?"

 

"Coz I'm expensive."

 

"Right," Naeun scoffed. "If you're expensive, then I'm priceless."

 

Eunji pouted then poured some beer into an empty glass. "One should never drink alone." She gulped down the glass of beer, then poured another. A heavy sigh escaped . "Naeunnie, do you know how it feels like to be second best?"

 

"Something wrong?"

 

"When I was in high school, my crush picked my soccer teammate over me. That teammate was the captain while I was the vice captain. When I was in university, my girlfriend left me for someone richer. She married my ex bestfriend and made me her bridesmaid. And now..." Eunji exhaled another deep sigh. "It doesn't matter how much effort I put in, I'll always be underappreciated."

 

"Maybe the time hasn't come yet for you to be fully appreciated. Your soulmate will appear someday."

 

"Just leave it to fate then huh?" Eunji asked, to which Naeun nodded, causing the brunette to smile. "Even a giver has a limit as to how much she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter