Black

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let me see..." the eye-smiling girl stated as she looked intently on the palm of her customer's hand.

 

She started sighing, then shook her head profusely, as her eyebrows slanted downwards into a frown.

 

"Not good, not good," she uttered.

 

"Wh-what is it?" her customer asked.

 

"I see a lot of bad things that will befall upon you."

 

"Can you tell me what are they?"

 

"It's quite blurry..."

 

The bald male customer could literally see the dollar signs in Eunji's eyes, but since he had a lot of money to spare, and desperately wanted to know what the bad things were, he took out his wallet and handed her another wad of cash.

 

Eunji gleamed, grabbing the cash and shoving it into the pocket of her jeans. "Ah.. Now it's crystal clear. You see these three lines here?" she asked as she pointed to the three visible palm lines.

 

The bespectacled man nodded. "Yes."

 

"The first one closest to your four fingers is the heart line. The second line is the head line and the third one is the life line." She looked up to the man, wearing a mask of regret. "I'm afraid I can't continue anymore."

 

"Why!" the man demanded. "Are you a scammer?!"

 

Eunji's mouth formed a silent 'O' in horror. "Yah ahjussi. I can't continue because I’m very sure you won't want to know what each line shows!" she defended.

 

The man furrowed his brows. "Just tell me. I can take it."

 

"Okay," Eunji responded apprehensively. "Don't blame me when I tell you things that you end up regretting demanding for!"

 

"Just say it!" he snapped in annoyance.

 

Eunji clicked her tongue in disapproval. "You lose your temper so easily. That's why your heart line is so short. It means you have a black heart." She held her hand up to stop the man from rebutting her. "Your head line is so long, as long as Rapunzel's hair. This shows that you're a selfish person, that's why you have no one to share your riches with. Exactly why you should give me more money for reading your palm." She gave the man a sly smile, earning an eyeroll from him. "And the last one which is your life line... " She exhaled a deep sigh.

 

"What is it?" he asked, almost in a whisper, as he leaned forward.

 

"You're going to die in 5 years' time," she deadpanned.

 

"You're bullting me!" he accused, retracting his hand immediately.

 

Eunji scowled. "I'm so offended right now ahjussi. I'm telling you the truth and I'm genuine in offering some advice to help you!"

 

"What’s your advice then?"

 

Eunji cleared , and in a serious tone, she said, "I only have one thing to say.”

 

"Which is?"

 

"Thanks for your generous donation," she yelled out, making a dash out of the alleyway, and entering the crowd, quickly disappearing from the man's line of sight.

 

While snaking through the sea of people, she took off her ugly black cloak and blue wig, then chucked them into a bin before putting on a surgical mask and snapback. With her stomach rumbling, Eunji decided to head to a nearby diner.

 

She was about to occupy a vacant table until she noticed a gorgeous lady in formal suit sitting all by herself at the corner of the diner.

 

“Bangs. Red lipstick. Pretty face, nothing like the Gangnam unnies. Formal suit.” Eunji mumbled to herself as she checked out the said girl, while making her way towards the latter. She removed her mask and wore her snapback the other way round.

 

“Hello pretty lady,” Eunji greeted as she extended her hand.

 

The pretty lady looked at Eunji weirdly. She decided to ignore the latter and went back to looking at her phone.

 

Eunji sighed dramatically, retracting her hand. She sat across the pretty lady, and stared at her with a dreamy look.

 

“Why are you sitting here?” the pretty lady grunted. Eunji staring at her definitely made her uncomfortable.

 

Finally got her attention, checkmate.

 

Eunji flashed her eye-smile.

 

“Whoa,” the pretty lady blurted out, then quickly clamped shut upon realising her slip of tongue.

 

“I know,” Eunji said cockily.

 

That earned a scoff from the pretty lady and her gaze returned to the screen of her phone.

 

Eunji took off her watch and placed it on the table. Her lips curled into a cheeky smile. “You know, I was actually feeling really hungry, but after looking at you and basking in your beauty, I’m satiated.”

 

The pretty lady struggled to keep a straight face as she fought the smile threatening to surface.

 

Another triumphant smile spread across Eunji’s face.

 

Score.

 

“You must be a businesswoman. A CEO of a company?” Eunji inquired.

 

The pretty lady peeled her eyes away from her phone and arched an eyebrow at Eunji. “What are you? A psychic?”

 

“Ah, so I’m right,” Eunji muttered. “So, may I know what’s your name and why such a pretty lady is sitting here all alone?”

 

“Park Chorong,” the pretty lady finally disclosed her name, and didn’t continue further.

 

“You’re not really friendly to strangers, are you Miss Park Chorong?”

 

Chorong shrugged.

 

“Say, do you believe in tarot reading? I provide that service.”

 

“If you’re the one providing, then I don’t,” Chorong sassed.

 

Eunji laughed. “I’m a psychic, trust me, I don’t tell any bull to people. I mean, I even guessed your designation correctly.”

 

Chorong scoffed. “The probability of getting my occupation right is high. My formal suit is a giveaway.”

 

“Occupation yes, but not your position in the company,” Eunji pointed out.

 

“Leave me alone,” Chorong countered.

 

“$10.”

 

“What?” Chorong shot Eunji an incredulous look. “You’re being rather shameless aren’t you? Asking a stranger for money?”

 

“Stranger? We’re not strangers!” Eunji argued. “We’re acquaintances now. You know the quote, ‘Do good things and good things will be bestowed upon you’ right? You’re a generous person. Help out a poor girl please?” she gave Chorong a puppy face, making the latter waver.

 

“Fine,” Chorong gave in.

 

“Aigoo, good things will surely be bestowed upon you,” Eunji exclaimed as she took the ten-dollar note from Chorong. “Okay, I need to go now, bye bye!”

 

Chorong didn’t even have the opportunity to respond as Eunji had vanished.

 

“But.. your watch..” Chorong trailed off then sighed. She took Eunji’s watch and kept it in her bag.





 

“Hayoung, one of our gambling dens were raided. How are you going to answer to the big boss?”

 

"How did the police know?"

 

"Someone tipped them off. Do you think it's Hanbin's dirty work?"

 

"Hanbin?" Hayoung asked, frowning. "It's stupid of him to play dirty isn't it? He's making us lose more money and big boss won't be happy if he finds out."

 

"But we all know he's been vying for your future spot. He wants to be the new leader and I'm pretty sure he will do anything just to make you look less favourable to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter