Her story

Believe in Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a couple of days after Soojung was born and the fall festival was coming soon, the dancers were getting ready. This year, Mrs. Choi would not be dancing as the main role due to just giving birth and she needs to restore her health. Mr. Choi was watching the girls dance practice, he had to make sure that each dance was right for the fall festival. He watched Teacher Seojun teach the girls the fall dances that he requested.

 

“1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and turn.” Seojun said.

 

“Can you have Kisum move to the left a bit more, also have Jae move to the right and up more.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“Please move according to Mr. Choi’s request, then start back from step 1.” Seojun said.

 

Mr. Choi watched as they started from the beginning again, he kept track of the beat and fan movements that Seojun created. There was a knock on the door, Mr. Choi turned to the door and there was Headmaid Song. She bowed to him and then came to his side.

 

“Master Choi, the meeting you have been pulling off with the rest of of the council. They are in the meeting room and Madame Choi is with them.” She said.

 

“Is Soojung with her too?” Mr. Choi asked.

 

“Yes, she is with them too.” She said.

 

“I’ll go now, you can go back first.” He said.

 

Haedmaid Song bowed to him and exited the room, he turned back to the dancers.

 

“Please work on the dance, I have to go to a meeting. I trust you Seojun for finishing the last dance steps.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“I will do so.” Seojun said.

 

Seojun and the dancers bowed to Mr. Choi as he left for the waiting room, once he arrived. Everyone in the room had eyes on him, Mrs. Choi was speechless. Her expression pained him, he knew that she was told of the event.

 

“Yoona, listen to me.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“How could you not tell me.” She questioned.

 

“Listen, you were just in a lot of pain and I wanted to tell you later but since the fall festival is

coming up soon. I was too focus on it and didn’t have time to tell you.” He said.

 

“What are we going to do? We have to go there right away.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“We’ll have to wait after the fall festival or we can find a time to go.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“I’ve talked to some local people and they said that we can just go and see her anytime.” One council said.

 

“The festival is in almost two weeks from now, we can go see her in two to three days.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“We know that preparing for the fall festival is hard, so we’re giving you some time to finalize the dance routines.” Another said.

 

“Thank you.” Mr. Choi said.

 

Everyone began moving out of the meeting room, leaving behind Mr. & Mrs. Choi with their newborn. Once the door closed behind them, Mrs. Choi sat down on the chair. She held onto Soojung, whose eyes were looking back at her.

 

“Omma will protect you.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

Mr. Choi sat down by her side, he placed his arm over her shoulder.

 

“She’ll be safe, she is our crystal. We can protect her.” He said.

 

Mrs. Choi looked into his eyes, she slowly felt the fear disappear. She smiled at him and looked back to Soojung, who was slowly closing her eyes to sleep.

Jaehyun held onto his wife’s hand, their baby in the car seat next to them. Their driver drove down the empty road from the Choi’s huge estate, the fall leaves falling. The wind blowing leaves along the road, almost following their car.

 

“It’s going to be alright.” Jaehyun said.

 

“I hope so, I can’t bear to know the truth.” Yoona said.

 

“We’ll do whatever it takes to keep her safe if it is anything bad.” He said.

 

Yoona held her husband’s hand, he could feel her hand shaking. He kept his gaze outside, watching them get closer to the center of town. The town was halfway to the Shaman’s temple, the Choi’s estate was on the edge of town. Jaehyun watched as they left the town and headed to the forest, both sides of the road were filled with trees. At the end of the road was what they’ve been waiting for, an old temple. There was a young lady who was sweeping away the fall leaves, she noticed the car approaching and bowed. Once the car stopped, Mr. Choi got out and held the hand of his wife. Who slowly got out, he went to the other side and unbuckled the car seat. He held the car seat with a sleeping Soojung in one hand and his wife held onto his arm for balance.

 

“Is the Shaman in?” Mr. Choi asked.

 

The young lady in an apprentice clothing bowed to them, then she looked up to them.

 

“My master is in, she is currently waiting for you. Please follow me.” She said.

 

“Master Choi, I will be waiting here.” The driver said.

 

Mr. Choi turned back to face the driver, then he nodded. Jaehyun rub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter