Forgetting and Remembering

Believe in Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight reached into the clean office, he sat there behind his desk. He looked a the charm on the edge of the dangling necklace, the sun went through it. It gave off this sparkling effect, he looked at the green clover inside. He remembered the look on her face as she smiled when he gave it to her. Somehow when he thought of her, it helped him get through the hard times.

 

“Kai.”

 

Kai looked up from the necklace and to his brother, Chen.

 

“What is it Chen?” Kai asked.

 

“Meeting at 3, look at the time now.” Chen said.

 

Kai looked at the clock on the wall, 3:10 pm.

 

“Oh, I forgot about it.” Kai said.

 

“Hurry up then.” Chen said.

 

Kai slid the necklace into his pocket and got up. He walked behind his brother, closing the door behind him.

 

After the meeting, they meet up and gathered their work to go home after a long day of work.

 

“Let’s grab something to eat, I’m hungry.” Sehun said.

 

“Let’s eat out at Min Young's restaurant.” Chen suggested.

 

“Isn’t it almost your 100 day with Min noona.” D.O asked.

 

“It’s going to be on thursday. Kris’ 500 days will be next week tuesday.” Chen said.

 

“Wow, you keeping track too.” Kris said.

 

“It’s going to be a year for me in two weeks.” Chanyeol said.

 

The brothers began arguing over whose anniversary was going to come up. Kai was thinking about Ae Sook, how it hasn’t been that long since she left.

 

“I still can’t believe you’ve guys moved on so fast.” Kai said.

 

Everyone stopped and looked at Kai, he looked at them with sadness. Baekhyun came up to his side and placed his arm around his shoulder.

 

“Kai, it's already been over 10 years, there's no point in waiting anymore.” Baekhyun said.

 

“I just don’t understand, what if she is coming back.” Kai said.

 

“She’s not coming back, it’s already more than 10 years. Do you think she would of showed up by now.” Luhan said.

 

“I.. can’t do this anymore...” Kai said.

 

“Kai, I know what it’s like. It’s better to find something eles that will give you hope, she is no longer here with us.” Suho said.

 

“Kai, I know what you're facing but it will hurt if you keep holding on.” Lay said.

 

“You still kept the necklace, it will only make you live in the past.” Chen said.

 

“How do…”

 

“Do you think I wouldn’t know, you always have it near you and one time when you thought you lost it and searched all over the house for it.” Chen said.

 

“I just.. need time…”

 

“You don’t need time, you need to forgive yourself from what had happened in the past and move one.” Kris said.

 

Kris walked over and placed an arm around Kai’s shoulder, rubbing Kai’s hair.

 

“Learn to forgive yourself before anything eles.” Kris said.

 

“It will have to start with throwing the necklace away.” Xiumin said.

 

“But…”

 

“Kai, it’s better. She’s not coming back, we all know that. There's no point of holding on anymore, enjoy your life right now. You’re in your early thirties and I’m almost in my forties…” Xiumin said.

 

Kai reached his hand down into his pocket and pulled the necklace out, he looked at it one more time before looking at his brothers. They gave him the courage and he walked over to a trash bin. He stood in front of it and looked at the necklace one last time.

 

“Goodbye Ae Sook.” Kai said.

 

Slowly he released the necklace from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter