Beginning of an end

Believe in Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Soojung opened her eyes she was inside of palace. There were people bring food and wine into a big room. She waved her hands but nobody saw her. She walked with them to the big room. She stood by the door and gasphed.

 

“Is that the King?” Soojung asked.

 

Soojung walked into the room and she saw a girl walking up to the king. She had on a light blue hanbok and her hair was nicely made. The hair pin caught sight of her eye and she knew she saw it somewhere before. There was a man with a wine tray by her side that also got up and walked to the king. Soojung was going to sit down but then in a split second the girl used her body to cover the King and the servant used his dagger from under the tray to stabbed her right in the shoulder blade. A guard slashed the attacker with his sword and he fell to the ground suffering from his injuries. The two guards came and took him away. The king held her in his arms and looked around the room frantically.

 

“Get a doctor, hurry!” He yelled.

 

Soojung rushed to them and sat by their side. She saw how they looked at one another. It’s like there was love but tension. Soojung turned around and everyone in the room quickly rushed out. Soojung turned around and he was looking down at her and placed a hand on her cheek to wipe the tear away.

 

“Why didn’t you move out the way?” He said.

 

“I would give my life up for you to continue on living my king.” She said.

 

“You’ll be alright, I will find someone to cure you.” He said.

 

He cradled her hand in his and then applied pressure on the stab wound.

 

“My king, I want you to know.. I love you…” She stuttered.

 

“Sh... don’t say anymore.” He said.

 

“I’ve... always loved... you if you... didn’t know...” She said.

 

He brought her up into his chest and whispered into her ear.

 

“I’ve always loved you too but I didn’t want to hurt you because of my love. That’s why I treated you like you didn’t exist.” He said.

 

“Thank you.” She said.

 

Her hand fell to the side and he shook her but there was no response.

 

“Where is the doctor!” He shouted.

 

“Soojung!” He yelled.

 

Soojung snapped out of her daze and turned to face the voice.

 

“Dad.” Soojung said.

 

“You’ve been spaced out ever since you came out of your waiting room.” Mr. Choi said.

 

“Uh.. I’m just nervous.” Soojung lied.

 

“It’s alright, I was nervous too when I married your mom.” Mr. Choi said.

 

Hyejin came to them and she smiled. She opened the small box and lifted the hair pin out. Hyejin walked to Soojung and pushed it gently through her hair. She pulled the veil down over it and took a step back.

 

“Almost forgot this until the stylist caught my attention.” Hyejin said.

 

“I totally forgot about that.” Soojung said.

 

Hyejin laughed and Mr. Choi took sight of the hair pin.

 

“Where did you get that?” Mr. Choi asked.

 

“It’s a present from Jae.” Soojung said.

 

“It’s quite the antique.” Mr. Choi said.

 

Hyejin walked around them and  examine everything before proceeding.

 

“Please get ready to walk in.” Hyejin said.

 

Hyejin left quickly and Mr. Choi pulled Soojung’s hand to cross his arm. She lifted her free hand and touched the hair pin under the veil.

 

Soojung opened the box and there was a car along with another box. She read the letter.

 

To: Soojung <3

From: Jae

 

I hope you would wear this on the wedding day. :)

 

Soojung opened the smaller box and she thought she would never see it again. The silver was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter