Goodbyes

Believe in Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the veil clipped and pulled back in place, Soojung lifted her head up to the mirrors. She couldn’t recognize herself anymore. The makeup made her into a different person, almost like a mask hiding her nervousness. A knock at the door made her turn around. It was Hyejin, she was coordinating her wedding day. She smiled to Soojung and looked down at her clipboard.

 

“We need to get you to the waiting room now. They are ready for pictures.” She said.

 

“Already?” Soojung asked.

 

“It’s a little past the time but everything is running smoothly.” Hyejin said.

 

“I’m so nervous.” Soojung said.

 

Hyejin came to Soojung’s side and rubbed her shoulders for comfort.

 

“Take a deep breath in and let it all out.” Hyejin said.

 

Soojung took in a deep breath and then looked to Hyejin.

 

“I’m ready.” Soojung said.

 

Hyejin looked at her two assistants who were putting most of the make up away now.

 

“Help Soojung down the hall to the waiting room, please.” Hyejin said.

 

Hyejin left the room quickly to check on other things. One held onto Soojung’s hand and the other held onto the back of the dress. Soojung used her free hand to grab the dress infront of her so she would trip over it. Soojung swore after the fifth step into the hallway, her feet hurted. She started to slow down and the lady holding her hand noticed. Soojung looked to her and smiled shyly.

 

“My feet hurt, I’ve never really like to wear heels.” Soojung said.

 

“It's alright, I’ll remove them and you can wear them when we’re in the room.” She smiled.

 

She bent down and removed the heels, holding them in her other hand. Soojung used her hands to hold her dress up and they continued walking towards their waiting room. She lead Soojung up the three steps and helped her sit down on the fancy white bench. She slipped the heels back onto Soojung’s feet and smiled.

 

“There you go.” She said.

 

“Thanks.” Soojung said.

 

She fixed Soojung’s veil and jewelry while the other assistant fixed the back of the dress so that it dropped down from the bench elegantly. Soojung turned her attention to the photographer.

 

“I will be taking a few shots of you and then we will let guest in to take photos.” He said.

 

Soojung nodded her head and turned her head slightly to the closed door. She hoped that they would come and wish her the best. The assistants moved away from her and stood by the side so they would not be captured in the photos.

 

“I will begin taking pictures now.” He said.

 

He walked up to her and tilted her head forward a bit. He stepped away and held his camera up.

 

“Can you please stare at the camera and turn your head a bit towards the left.” He said.

 

Soojung did as he said and smiled a bit. A few quick snaps and he comes closer to do a close up. He turns the camera 90 degrees and takes more pictures. He moves back and snaps a couple more. He looks at the pictures nods in satisfaction.

 

“You can now let the guest in to take pictures.” He said.

 

The door opened and was held in place with a stopper. She saw Minjung run towards her and her parents walking in their direction. Minjung sat next to Soojung and pulled her into a hug.

 

“You’re so pretty.” Minjung said.

 

“Thank you.” Soojung said.

 

“I’m going to miss you so much.” Minjung said.

 

Minjung released her from the hug and she saw her mom come into her view. Mrs. Choi pulled Soojung into a hug and kissed her cheek. She wiped her tear away and Soojung felt sadness overcome her.

 

“Don’t cry, it’ll ruin your makeup.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“Mom…”

 

“You look gorgeous today.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

Mrs. Choi too her seat next to Soojung and rubbed her shoulder.

 

“Nervous?” Mrs. Choi asked.

 

“A little bit.” Soojung said.

 

Minjung got up and stood behind Soojung. Mr. Choi sat down next to Soojung and pulled her into a hug. He placed a kiss on her forehead and rubbed her shoulder.

 

“You look beautiful honey.” Mr Choi said.

 

“Dad, I love you.” Soojung said.

 

“I love you honey.” Mr. Choi said.

 

Mr. Choi removed his arm and they looked to the camera. A few snaps and then Minjung moves out of the pictures. Soojung and her parents look towards the camera and more snapping sounds. They both get up when they see Hyejin at the doors.

 

“It’s time, we need to have you guys outside greeting guest.” Hyejin said.

 

They look at her and Soojung ushers them to go with Hyejin. They leave and Minjung takes a seat with Soojung and they take a few more pictures. Minjung gets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter