Reality

Believe in Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please upvote and comment, it would mean a lot to me. Thanks. :)

Soojung stared at herself in the mirror. The white lacy sweetheart line dress covered her body. The bottom of the dress was flat and the slit made its way up to the side of her leg. She took a few turns and looked at her parents and Minjung who was on her phone.

 

“How is this one?” Soojung asked.

 

Mrs. Choi clapped her hands and nugged her husband gently on his leg. He looked up from his papers and clapped his hands.

 

“It’s beautiful. I like this one more than the other one.” Mr. Choi said.

 

Minjung put her phone in her pocket and laid back into the sofa rolling her eyes. She groaning in annoyance and Soojung turned to look at her.

 

“Aren’t you tired from changing? You’ve tried on like ten dresses already.” Minjung whined.

 

Mrs. Choi reached her hand behind her husband to secretly nudged Minjung in the back trying to shut her up a bit. She then looked to her husband and smiled.

 

“Honey, take Minjung with you and go get some snacks.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

Mr. Choi looked at Minjung and she jumped up from her seat. She looked at her dad to see if he would at least hurry up. He stood up and stared at Minjung with a smile.

 

“Shall we get some of the treats at the bread shop across the street?” Mr. Choi asked.

 

“I was going to say that.” Minjung said.

 

Mr. Choi held Minjung’s hand and left the wedding dress shop. Mrs. Choi turned to look at Soojung who stared at her reflection.

 

“Honey, what’s the matter?” Mrs. Choi asked.

 

Soojung didn’t turn to look at her mom and let out a sigh.

 

“Mom, I’m not ready for this. I know I said I was but…”

 

“Honey, we can’t do anything. We’re in a tough situation.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“I know mom but…”

 

“But what?” Mrs. Choi asked.

 

Soojung turned to look at her mom and she came to her side. Mrs. Choi pulled Soojung into a hug and waved her hand to the assistant. Who nodded and left the room immediately.

 

“I have a lot of things I want to do before I get married.” Soojung said.

 

Mrs. Choi pulled away from her daughter and looked into Soojung’s now teary eyes. She placed a hand on her cheek and Soojung felt her warmth.

 

“I know but think of marriage as a gateway into your adult life. It’s just a ceremony to prove to people that your married. You can always do whatever you want after.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“Maybe I’ll talk to Jae about it.” Soojung said.

 

Mrs. Choi held Soojung’s hand and walked her to the sofa to take a seat. She held onto Soojung’s hand and gently squeezed them to assure her that they would get through this together.

 

“I don’t know what to tell you to make it better. I noticed that ever since you returned, you’ve matured.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“Mom if I don’t grow up, you can’t protect me forever. I have to protect myself.” Soojung said.

 

“I know it just makes me sad that you’re going to be married in a weeks time.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“Mom, sometimes I wonder if I didn’t have these memories. I think I would of just married Jae and lived a normal life but then again. I know life isn’t like that, it’s like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs.” Soojung said.

 

“Why contemplate on the past like that?” Mrs. Choi asked.

 

“Holding onto the past was like my way to be sane. Now that it’s gone, I don’t know what to do with my life anymore.” Soojung said.

 

“I know it hurts but what can we do?” Mrs. Choi asked.

 

“I don’t know mom.” Soojung said.

 

“Let’s just live in the moment for now. Don’t think of the future or past. Maybe it will take some weight off your chest.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“You’re right mom.” Soojung said.

 

Soojung turned her head and stared at the dress across the counter in the display of the window. She pointed to it and turned her head to her mom.

 

“I think that might be the one.” Soojung said.

 

“I saw you eyeing it when we entered the shop.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

Mrs. Choi stood up and went to get an assistant from the dressing room. Soojung stood up as the assistant came back into the room.

 

“I would like to try that one on display.” Soojung said.

 

“Yes, I will pull it from the display and have it ready in the dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter