Girl with the Wolf mark

Believe in Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a traditional korean house, a woman in her early thirties is in labor. She holds the hand of her midwife, as some maids crowd around her. Her husband outside in another room with men by his side and his assistant, waiting for the news.

 

“Madame Choi, please don’t hold back.” She said.

 

“Help me, it hurts.” Mrs. Choi said.

 

“I need you to lean back a bit.” She said.

 

One maid helped Mrs. Choi lean back and hold her other hand. The midwife looked at another maid.

 

“Is the hot water ready?” She asked.

 

“The water is ready, another maid is bringing it now.” She said.

 

She looked at another maid, signaling her to come closer.

 

“Where are the towels, are they ready. I need them now.” She said.

 

“The towels are here and ready.” She said.

 

The midwife grabbed two towels, she placed them on the floor under Mrs. Choi’s legs. Just then two maids came in with a small tub of hot water, placing them next to the mid wife.

 

“Madame, I need you to push as hard as you can on three.” She said.

 

Mrs. Choi breathed in and out and then the midwife began counting.

 

“1… 2…. 3. Push.” She said.

 

Mrs. Choi pushed with all her might, almost ready to pass out.

 

“Keep talking to her, make sure she doesn’t fall asleep.” The midwife said.

 

The midwife checked and saw that the head was still inside, she looked back at Mrs. Choi.

 

“I need you to do the same again, this time a little bit harder. The baby’s head is almost out.” She said.

 

Mrs. Choi nodded and slowly breathed again, ready to do as commanded.

 

“1… 2… 3. Push.” She said.

 

Mrs. Choi held on to the maid's hand tightly and screamed on the top of her lungs, the midwife saw the baby’s head.

 

“Again. 1.. 2.. 3. Push.” She said.

 

Mrs. Choi pushed with all her might, the last thing she heard was the baby’s cry and she fell into slumber. The midwife saw something black on the baby’s chest, then she wrapped the baby around in the towel. She left some space for the umbilical cord to be cut. A maid came, handing her the cleaned scissors. She cut the cord and handed the baby to the maids.

 

“Clean the blood and be careful around the cord area. Please help clean the blood and change

Madame Choi’s clothes.” She said.

 

The maids with the baby walked over to the water and place the baby on the small bed, cleaning it. Other maids, tended to Mrs. Choi. The maids brought the midwife a change of clothes and water to wash away the blood on her hands. The maids brought her into another room to change her clothes and take a bath. After she was done changing, she came back into the room.

 

“I’ll bring the news to Master Choi, after the baby is cleaned. Bring her to the waiting room, I need to have a word with Master Choi. Please giude me Headmaid Song to the waiting room.” She said.

 

Headmaid Song escorted the midwife to the other waiting room, they entered and both of them bowed. Mr. Choi stood up from his chair and walked to the midwife.

 

“Is my wife okay, what about the baby...” He questioned.

 

“Congratulations, the baby is a girl.” The midwife said.

 

“That’s great, is my wife awake?” Mr. Choi asked.

 

“Madame Choi is fine, she is sleeping. The maids are tending to her, the baby is being cleaned and will be here in a bit.” She said.

 

“Why don’t you leave her with my wife.” He said.

 

“I saw something and we need to talk about it, once the baby gets here. I’ll show you.” She said.

 

“Then please have a seat over there.” He said.

 

Mr. Choi walked back to his chair and sat down, the midwife sat across from him. They waited for the maids, a few minutes went by. The maids entered with the baby, they bow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter