Chapter 4

Together

Haneul’s POV

"...sorry and thank you.." I did another 90 degree bow.

"Yah! Stop with the 90 degree bow..it's kinda annoying.."As he scratch the back of his neck.

"Ah..it's just I'll be nothing but trouble for the whole day..."

"Well, glad you know.."

Jeez thanks for being honest. But who was I kidding..I'm really such a troublesome person..

"Yah~ Don't give me that...you should consider calling up Rikku...just saying.." There he goes again scratching his neck.

"..eh?.." Before I could even say anything he turned towards the opposite direction.

I look down and grab the card of from my school's blazer's pocket. Should I call? I could give an excuse that I want to meet her and thank her with these bag of food! Shot! Haneul smart!!

I took out my cellphone and dial that number...It was ringing for a couple of seconds before she picked up..

"Yeoboseyo..?"A manly and slightly deep voice picked up the call.

My voice got caught in my throat..

"Yeoboseyo?"

"A-ah..I was w-wondering i-if R-r-r-ikku sshi is a-a-a-round..?"I managed to finish my sentence after much stuttering.

"Who are you?"His voice seems serious and harsh. Like he was afraid I was some crazy fan girl. Before I could answer. I heard Rikku sshi voice in the background.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun!!Give me back my phone!"

"Give me a kiss." I was blushing over the line. Are they together..?

"Yah~not in front of everyone."

"but that's the whole point." I could heard the members teasing them in the background. Uwa~ This Daehyun guy is really something.

"Aissh~ *kiss* happy? Now can I have my phone back?"

"A-ah moshi moshi~ Rikku speaking."I choked on my own saliva.. I was not prepared to be talking to her so soon..

"A-ah R-r-i-ikku sshi..? I-I'm haneul.. K-kim haneul..I-I was wondering i-i-f you would like to meet me for a snack..?"I whispered the last line afraid of rejection.

"Ah~ Haneul sshi! Snack? Sure! Let's go~ Where should I meet you..?"

"I'm at the park near my school.. I'll text you the address.." I spoke carefully afraid I would sound rude.

"Sure~ I'm on my way wait for me~"she ended the call cheerfully.

Why does she always sound so cheerful..? Where does all her energy come from..? She did not even think twice to meet me why..?

There are so many questions going through my head right now.

 

Daehyun's POV

"Yah.." I grab hold of her wrist before she got to the door.

She turned to look at me with sparkle in her eyes. I know how much she wanted to help Haneul and knew why she wanted to help her. It's something no one else other than me knows. It's a secret that could ruin Haneul and hurt Rikku. My gaze softened when she looked at me and gave me her eye smile.

"Daehyun ah~ I'll be okay, I promise. Don't worry." she reassured me by patting my hand. With that I let her go, because I know this is what she wanted and needed. The members were teasing me about how I'm so protective over her. They don't know what Rikku has been through. I brush them off and when back to my room.

I fell on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I reached into my hoodie's right pocket and took out my phone. My wallpaper was a picture of Rikku and me. It was our taken during her birthday and that was the moment she was smiling the happiest. The smile was from her heart. She had her head close to my chest holding her birthday cake that made for her in both hands. She looked up at the camera and smiled from the bottom of her heart. I had my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer and snapped the picture. I was looking at her instead of the camera. After that day, when I saved her I have always been looking at her.

I remember when she came she was the centre of everyone's attention as she just got back from Japan. When everyone was asking her all the questions at once she answered all of them and was friendly to everyone.

One day when I was being bullied by the boys in our class. She came to my rescue and stood in front of me when a guy was about to hit me. She protected me and looked out for me. When I'm dozing off in class because of the training she would copy the notes for me. She would take a copy of the homework given that day if I'm absent and bring it to my house.

Even if I consistently gave her the cold shoulder and ignore her whenever she would try to start a conversation with me. She would still follow me around and even have lunch with me on the roof top with me ignoring her that is. She would always talk about food and how much she loved cakes especially. When she talked about music and ask me what I like and I ignored her she would just keep talking. She would always smile at me with those gentle eyes when I ignore her or stare at her. She was not afraid of me. Cause she won't stop following me around, I decided to hide in the music room and skip a couple of lessons.

For a couple of days, I was free from her but a part of me kinda miss her. I was composing a song when suddenly, the door opened and there she stood with those gentle eyes. She smiled at me with her eye smile again.

 

Triple update! :)