Chapter 16

Together

Haneul’s POV

‘Cry for you..?’

‘Yes. Since your tears can come and go as they please.’ Pang, my heart hurt. Is he saying that Im acting..?

‘B-bwoh..?’ I was taken back with his words.

‘You heard me. Are you gonna do it or not?’

I could tell he was starting to get annoyed. I walked up to him and slapped him across his face. I was shocked that I did it but I was hurt by what he said. How could he be such a jerk? I took the paper bag from his hand, I roughly took the shoe box out and threw my shoes out. I angrily took out the new pair of sneakers and harshly shoved them at him. I stared at him and my tears threaten to fall but I tried my very best to hold them in but they still fell either way. I sniffed as the tears flowed down my cheeks and I think I look really pathetic.

‘Are you happy now, Yongguk sshi..?’ I hissed and I my heels, barefoot. I did not have time to wear my old sneakers on as I was so upset that all I could think of was to go back to the apartment.

I ignored his calls as he called out to me and ran to grab my wrist. I turned to him and pushed him on his chest. But he came back again and tried to pull me back. I turn around and kick him hard on his shin. I harshly wipe the tears away with the back of my sleeves. I was so frustrated at him and I was so frustrated at myself for coming across so weak.

I press the passcode to the apartment and slam the door shut before walking towards my room. I heard Rikku unnie calling out to me but I was too upset to face her. I did not want her to worry for me and end up fighting with Yongguk. I laid face down on bed and buried my face into the matteress hoping that what happened just now would just disappear. I thought he was a nice person but I was wrong. I felt so hurt by his words. If it was someone else would I still feel the same way..? I heard a slight knock on my door, I tried to ignore it and place the pillow over my head. But that person still did not go away.

‘Go away!’ I yelled.

‘Haneul ah~ its me Himchan.’ I don’t know what came over me but I stood up. I bit my lip as my feet hurt, must be the forst bites. I slowly made my way to the door knot and opened it. I came face to face with his chest. He bend down to be at eye level as me. he gently caress my tear stained cheeks, one of his hand slide down my arm and held my wrist.

Himchan walked inside my room and I did not protest. With Himchan, I feel comfortable and safe like no matter what happens he would never hurt me. He gently sat me down my bed, he took my leg warmers and my socks that had holes in them from walking on the rough surface. I flinched as the fabric brush against the forst bites and small cuts on the bottom of my feet.

I saw him frown as he saw how badly I was hurt. He did not say or ask anything. He dip a cloth into small bucket of water. He twisted in dry and gently clean my feet. I was a bit taken back but part of me told me to enjoy this. I have never been treated with such care and I knew that if I said anything now could cause him to be angry. He opened the first aid kit and took out a bottle of disinfectant, a couple of cotton balls and a tweezer. He used the tweezer to pick up a cotton ball and pour a little of the disinfectant onto the cotton ball. He gently tap it against the wounds and forst bites. I flinched and bit my lip from the pain. It hurt a lot more than I thought.

‘I know its painful.. just bare with it okay..?’ he spoke so gently that it sounded like a gust of wind that brought his voice to my ears. I nodded and he went back to fixing me up. He handled it with so much care that my heart cant stop beating. I was surprised when he suddenly brought both of my feet to his lip and gently kiss them.

‘Please get better..’ he whispered against my feet. I blushed madly at his gesture and quickly pulled my feet away and look away.

‘Sorry.. I got carried away..’ he said as he looked away before turning back, beaming at me. He pat my head and sat down beside me.

‘Would you like to hear me sing a song?’ I nodded my head.

 

You cant drink where there are a lot of guys

Call me if youre walking alone late at night

Wherever you go, you always need to tell me

Don’t wear skin-revealing, provocative clothes

Stay away from friends who like to party

Even if strange guys ask for your number

Just laugh it over

 

Unknowingly, I had fallen asleep against his shoulder. I did hear it to the end but my eyes were so heavy that I wanted to shut them. Thank you Himchan, you truly is a friend I can count on.