Chapter 30

Together

Yongguk’s POV

After we got off the ride, we wanted to have some ice cream. We were waiting in line and haneul was telling me excitedly how the ride was. She made big gestures with her hands and she laugh heartily again.

She really has the best smile ever and I could only smile at her. She suddenly stopped and looked down at her feet. I wondered why she stopped and I turned around to see people pointing their fingers at her and whispering among themselves.

"Yah..that's kim haneul right?"I heard one girl asking her friend in a y tone.

"Oh yea~how could she still have fun here? She is really evil, after torturing her family for years she's here having fun?"another guy said as he shook his head.

"Bwoh ya~"I saw another girl said as she rolled her eyes.

I could see the tears in her eyes threatening to fall, I dragged her out of the place and brought her to somewhere quiet.Once we were at a place away from the public's eyes. she started crying uncontrollably. She grip the ends of her shirt as she kept looking down. She was afraid to face me.

I pulled her into my arms and caress her back gently. She cried harder and grip the back of my hoodie."I really did not do such things.Why did they say that? I love my appa a lot but..why?"she asked as she choked on her tears. She started coughing and I pat her down to calm her down.

"Ssh,that's just how the world is.." she cried harder and I did not know what to do but to hold her tighter in my arms. I really want to protect her with everything I have even if it means giving everything for her I will. She buried her head deeper into my chest, wetting my hood but I don't care cause nothing else matter but her.I will protect you haneul ah..this is something I can do for you..so that.. So that everywhere can be heaven…

 

Rikku's POV

I was waiting at himchan's apartment for haneul to return. He said something about yongguk taking her out or something. I was really nervous and I was wondering how I should be breaking the news to her. Would she still accept me or would she hate me? But I need to tell her the truth about who I really am and that I would clear her name. Giving back what's rightfully hers in Kim's corporation. I was having my tenth cup of tea already and himchan did not say anything. He only said he knew about everything and that I should be the one telling haneul the truth.

Suddenly, the main door opened and haneul stood beside yongguk. I stood up and saw her tear stained face my heart ached so bad. She lifted her head up and when she saw me she ran into my arms. She started crying and I too started crying. I could imagine how much she had went through the past two days. I felt guilty I did not do a good job taking care of her. I held her tightly in my arms as I caress her back. Himchan and yongguk excused themselves leaving us in the apartment. After calming her down, I sat her down on the couch and she leaned her head against my shoulder.

"Haneul ah, there is something I have to tell you." she lifted her head from my shoulder and looked at me puzzled.

"Haneul ah,actually…*i left out a sigh*the reason your appa hates you so much is because he could never get your omma to love him the way he wanted. Your omma had you with my appa. They were planning to get married but your omma came from a humble family and my appa was a big business man so was your appa.

My grandfather was against my appa and your omma getting married so he separated them.He told my appa to take me to japan and take over the company in japan.If he don't do it,he would make your comma homeless and jobless. My appa had no choice but to take me and leave the country.

Later on, my appa found out that your omma married your appa. My appa was heartbroken but he did not know the real truth..*I wipe the tears that had fallen down her cheeks*but your appa found out that you were not his daughter. He was so furious and that was when he started abusing your omma.

Your omma took you and ran away but they found you…"I turned to see haneul in tears. She looked so hurt and yet relief at the same time. "But a part of my memories were locked away..?is…is omma still alive..?"she asked choking on her tears.

I smile as gently wipe the tears away. "That's cause your omma, did not want you to remember that you were watching her getting abuse by your appa.*I looked away*your omma died shortly after she reunited with my appa."She cried harder as she bit her lips hand over her chest.

"why did your appa not find me..?" she asked very hurt that appa did not look for her and take her away.

"Your appa,had many connection with the underground groups. My appa had no evidence to prove what he did. It's his words against your omma's words. My appa did not live long to be able do that. I could not look for you cause grandfather did not allow it. I could only take over the company when I turned 20 and I would be free to look for you. I'm sorry haneul, you have suffered so much because I could not protect you. I would understand if you would hate me for life..I'm sorry..I really am.."

"So..you're my..my u-unnie...?"I nod wiping the tears that fell down her cheek. She hugged me tightly and tears rolled down my cheek uncontrollably.

"I...I always knew that..."My eyes widen and I slowly pushed her always confused at what she meant. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes "I always knew...or at least I always wished you were my unnie...and now you really are..."she choked on her tears and broke into a smile.

I wipe them away and brought her closer."So you forgive my Appa, your omma and me..?"

Haneul flicked my forehead playfully. "It's all in the past. You came back to get me right?" I nod and beamed at her kindness. She is so much like her Omma.

"Unnie! Stop addressing Omma as my Omma!  She's your Omma too! Your Appa is my Appa. We are family!"She hugged me and nuzzled her face into my chest like a little kitten. I pat her head an she beamed at me. I'm gonna make the Kim family pay. I will make them return whatever that belongs to my Haneul.

"Unnie~You should talk to daehyun Oppa,he has been so out of place without you." she used her ageyo on me and I could not resist.

"I will after I make sure my little princess is safe with her two body guard." she titled her head and pointed to himchan and yongguk who were standing by the door. Himchan giving me a peace me while yongguk just started scratching his neck again.