Chapter 18

Together

Rikku’s POV

When I got there, there was a long line of people waiting to get into the restaurant. I was walk towards the receptionist to let him know that I had a reservation. I told him that it was under Mr Han. He quickly stopped whatever he was doing and escorted me into the restaurant. It was very beautiful. It has a traditional feel but a little modern touch to it. I was led into the very back of the restaurant. There was a small room at the back away from all the tables up front. I had to take off my shoes.

While I was doing so, he had pull the curtains from the far end over creating a wall. Blocking the view of customers up front. He slide the door opened and gestured me inside. I bowed as I felt very awkward about how much privacy was given. He pass me the menu and asked if I would like to order first. I told him no and asked to have a cup of warm tea served when Me Han enter. I ordered a glass of warm water and told him to hold on the order until he arrived. He nodded and took his leave. I waited patiently for him.

I sent Julia a message letting her know that Im already at the restaurant and Im waiting. I could understand that 10pm was just an estimate. He would take longer, that’s the life of an idol. Im used to waiting as I have always waited for Daehyun. I took out my sketchbook and my pencil, starting to work on a couple of designs. I was busy sketching when I heard the door slit open. I gently place my pencil down and tug a lock of hair behind my ear. I got up and bowed slightly.

‘Annyeonghasayo, Im Rikku. Please to meet you.’ when I lifted my head up, my eyes nearly fell out. Standing front of me was Kim Jaejoong, Even with his shades on, I could still recognized him. He smiled amused at my reaction. I quickly gather myself and bowed apologizing for my rude behavior. I was greeted by an airy laughter as he waved his hand, telling me its okay and we should sit down.

The waiter later came in with our drinks. He was surprised that a cup of green tea was served to him. I gave him a shy smile and explain to him that it would help warm him up. He gave me a soft smile as he took a sip of the green tea. I let him take control of the ordering of food. When the waiter left, we were caught in an awkward silence. I feel really nervous around him since I was kinda a fan. If Daehyun knew, Im doomed. I could sense him staring at me through his shades. I decide to break the ice. I looked up at him.

‘Jaejoong sshi, you could remove your shades and get comfortable. Its okay to be comfortable. I wont judge you or mind.’ he took off his shades and place it on the table. He ruffled his hair a bit which made my heart skipped a beat. He arch his eye brow at me.

‘Judge me?’ I quickly realized that I said something offending. I tried to cover up but when Im going crazy to come out with an idea, I heard him laugh at me. I stopped and laugh at myself too. I realized how stupid I looked.

After that, we were able to talk comfortably and we enjoyed the food together. He seem a lot more comfortable after talking about a common topic – Fashion. I’ve seen a different side of him today. A laid back and warm person. He was about to order a jug of beer but I stopped him.

‘Jaejoong sshi, you’re driving later. Maybe you could another glass of warm green tea?’ I smiled hoping it did not sound too offensive.

‘Ah.. I guess the lady has spoken, a glass of green tea it shall be.’

I was a little take aback but kept it in.

‘Are you not angry that Im late?’ he aske das he sp his green tea looking at me.

‘Whats there to be angry about? Its how your job is. I could come with designs while waiting so its okay.’ I beamed as I pat my sketchbook. He did not say another word but just smile back at me.

A little pass 11.30, we were preparing to leave the restaurant. While waiting for the bill, I suggested we walked out separately in case someone takes a picture and makes a scandal out of it. I was waiting by the back  of the restaurant like we discussed. He came out with his shades and I noticed he did not have a scarf around his neck in such a cool weather. I reached onto my tote bag and pulled out a knitted scarf that I was supposed to give Daehyun but I could always make another one. I walked up towards him and wrapped it around his neck and pulled so it covered unil his nose. I pulled his leather jacket closer together. I beamed at him.

‘Jaejoong ssi, thank you for today. I should be going now. Have a good rest. Goodbye’ I was about to turn and leave but he held my wrist and held me back.

‘Its late. I should send you home’ I waved and rejected his offer.

‘I like the bus better.’

‘Rikku sshi, I insist. You gave me a knitted scarf and accompanied me for dinner. I should send you home like how all the dates should end.’ He gestured to his car. I looked over and my eyes popped again. He drives a Lamborghini!! Kyaa~~ I took out my iPhone and snapped pictures of it unknowingly. I was fan girling over the car until he cleared his throat. I smiled at him sheepishly as I scratch the back of my head.

‘Sorry… I kinda got carried away..’ he stared at me for a moment before he burst out laughing. I felt so embarrassed that I did not know what to do. He came over and pat me on the head.

‘You are different from other girls I met’ I beamed at him.

‘Im not like other girl so I would like if the date ended with me taking a bus home and you can keep the scarf. Please bring it with you always. It helps protect your voice.’ I beamed one last time before I ran to the bus stop without looking back at him. I was too embarrassed to look at him.

Gosh Rikku, get a grip. You have a boyfriend… I guess I kinda forgot…?

 

 

 

Uh-ooh looks like Daehyun has got a rival now!!