Chapter 13

Together

Haneul’s POV

We both looked at each other awkwardly and I was about to say no when I felt someone’s moist lip touch my cheek for a split second. My eyes widen as I blushed. My hand reached up to my cheek and touched it.

I cant believe he kissed me, but I guess he did that for the discount. I quickly brush away the thought and loaded the bagged items. Yongguk put his hands in his pocket as he waited for the cashier to re-calculate the total cost. I looked away when I caught him looking at me.

After we paid, we returned the trolley and Yongguk offered to carry the heavy stuff, but he ended up carrying almost everything. I only had to carry one bag. We were about to leave when Yongguk said he had something he forgotten to get. He told me to sit at a bench in the park nearby while he went to get it.

I nodded and made my way there. I found a bench near the entrance of the park and sat down. I was looking through my photos I had save of my mom in my phone before appa threw out all her pictures and even burned a couple away.

Sudddenly, I felt something really cold touch my cheek, I jumped a little and turned to face my favourite tub of ice cream. I looked up to see who it was from. I saw Yongguk standing there with the bags in his other hands while holding the ice cream in the other.

When he notice me staring at the ice cream, he push it in my face encouraging me to get it. I reach out and took it, it brought back so many memories. He sat down and I notice he was sweating and panting.. did he run all the way here..? I reach up using my hoodie’s sleeve and wipe the sweat away from the side of his face.

I saw him looked away and started scratching the back of his neck again. I held the tub of ice cream as tears started flowing down my cheeks, unknowingly. Holding it in my hands make me think of Omma, how she would always buy it for me and we would share one together. I started sobbing harder as I miss her a lot and it has been so hard after she passed away.

Yongguk must have noticed my sobbing as he reached over and place his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer as allowing me to lean on his shoulder. He patted my shoulder to calm me down.

‘Yah~ if you don’t finish that ice cream, it will melt and my effort will be wasted.’ I nodded as I open the tub of ice cream still leaning on his chest. I took the plastic spoon which was given and digged into it. I put in a mouthful and my tears started falling again.

How I had missed Omma and how much I had been through all these years. How I secretly cry in the attic and hug myself to sleep. As I ate, my tears cant stop flowing. Yongguk held my wrist when I was about to put in another spoon. He held my wrist and made me feed him one scoop after another, soon he finished it.

‘Yah. I paid for it so I get to eat plus you don’t cry and eat at the same time.’ he took the now empty tub of ice cream and spoon from me. He stood up and went to throw it away. After which, he sat beside me as he his hoodie and grab both my hand and wipe it using his shirt. He used his shirt to wipe away my dried tears too. He zipped up his hoodie after that. He reached to grab the bag beside me and reach up and grab the hem of his hoodie and pull it.

‘Yon-o-ongguk sshi, thank you…’ he did not turn around instead he started scratching the back of his neck and nodded his head. We were walking back to the apartment in silence. But this time, it was a comfortable kinda silent. A kind that made me feel safe to be myself around and let my guard down. I beamed as I remembered the small gestures he did back there.

‘Yongguk sshi, is is is it okay if I called you.. oppa..?’ I asked softly.. I don’t know what got into me but I just wanted to break the ice with him so bad right now.

‘Yeh.’ I beamed and said thank you. I walked behind him slowly, a group of high school students approach and started surrounding me suddenly. They were asking me for my number and I was starting to freak out. Cause Im not used to guys coming this close to me.

Yongguk must have notice that I was lagging behind. He turned and saw me being surround. He pushed pass those boys and had his arms around my shoulder. ‘She’s taken. Get out of here.’ With that he gave them his deadly glare before leading me away. He reached and grab my hand.

Just like that we walked hand in hand back to the apartment building in silence but I felt a little happy and my heart beats were increasing and I was beaming on the inside.

At least, now we are slightly closer and I like how we both took a first step together. I guess he is not that scary after all. We reached the building and we walked into the lift lobby when suddenly someone called out his name and came running into his arms.

She kissed him square on the lip. He did not respond and he looked at her with a pokerface still holding my hand. She pulled away and beamed at him.

‘I miss you Oppa..’ she turned to me and give me a dirty glare and she saw we were holding hands. She pushed my away. ‘Yah~ who are you?’