Chapter 10

Together

Haneul’s POV

‘Hit me.’ he said as he grab both my hands and start hitting his chest. I snapped my head up and my eye widen. The person standing in front of me is Yongguk. He kept pushing my hands on his chest encouraging me to hit him. I shook my head, no. I tried to pull away but he was stronger than I was.

‘Hit me! What are you waiting for? What are you afraid of? Are you going to always hide behind others?!’ he yelled at me as he kept jamming my hands into his chest. Asking me to hit him. I felt a sudden anger rise in me and I started to ball my fists. All the anger and all the emotions came back again. I pulled my fists back and hit him hard.

‘Im not a coward! I just don’t know what to do! I have always been alone. Suddenly, someone like Rikku sshi comes along and makes me feel all fizzy. I don’t know how to express myself. Don’t you know I feel guilty?! When she took that hit for me! Do you know how guilty I felt? ARA?!’ I yelled as I kept hitting him with every word and sentence. He was silent. He just allowed me to hit him.

‘I don’t want to owe her anything but she just keeps being so nice to me. She makes me want to depend her more! But I can never tell her how thankful I am or what Im feeling! Whenever she’s nice to me, I just accept it but each time I accept it, I feel like Im owing her more and more. she makes me feel warm and fizzy inside.

I felt love for the first time in my life. Why does she have to be so nice to me? there are so many things I want to tell her but I cant cause I don’t know how to!’ I hit him harder each time the anger built up. He was silent again. When he fell back because of the impact, he stood back again.

‘Sometimes… Sometimes I just wish.. Rikku sshi never appeared… even if I suffered its fine. At least I wont feel all these..’ I yelled weakly as my hit weakened. I leaned my forehead against his chest as the tears rolled down my cheeks. Suddenly I was yanked and Daehyun held me by the collar of my shirt. He had the most scary pair of eyes. Standing not far was Rikku sshi. She looked at me with hurt filled eyes as the tears rolled down her cheeks. She her heels and ran..

‘To think you’re worth it’ he pulled me closer, stared me down and pushed me away before running after Rikku sshi. No no.. that’s not what I meant. Why cant I ever phrase what I feel properly?! Why do I always hurt people?! I slowly slit down to the ground as the tears rolled down even more. I felt a pair of warm arms wrapped themselves around me, pulling my back into his chest. He held me tight as I cried harder choking my tears. I held onto his arm tightly as I cried, wishing I never said that… my vision was blurred by my tears. They were flowing uncontrollably… Rikku sshi… Mianhe.. I don’t mean that… Rikku sshi…

 

Daehyun’s POV

I ran after Rikku and I caught her by her wrist and yanked her into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her as she snob uncontrollably in my arms. Everytime when she’s hurt, my heart hurts. Its been awhile since she has cried so hard… I know how much those words hurt her. I knew how she tried and I knew she wanted Haneul to accept her. She wrapped her arms around my waist crying harder even choking on her tears. I place my head on her head holding her even closer.

‘You’re such a crybaby, how can I let you go if you’re so soft>’ I said as I gently caress her hair to calm her down.

‘Don’t smile for me because I know how hard it is for you’ I kissed the side of her head. I remember all the times she would beamed at me even when she was in pain or hurt. Rikku will never tell me if she’s hurt cause she never want me to worry. Being together, made me understand why and that’s how I learnt to read her. Like I would know how she’s feeling and if sometime she just needs space.

‘Daehyun ah… Did I do it wrong this time..?’ she asked as she choked on her tears. She slowly lifted her head up and looked at me with teary eyes again. My heart hurt even more than it did a moment ago. I smiled down at her and kiss her  forehead gently ‘Aniyo… you did great, she would understand.’ I pulled her closer.

 

Haneul’s POV

I have calm down after crying my heart out. I was leaning on Yongguk’s chest and he caressed my hair to let me know he was still around. I never knew he was this gentle.

‘Wae..?’ I asked in a hoarsed voice still a little teary.

‘Hm?’ puzzled by my question.

‘Wae.. why did you asked me to hit you..?’ I looked up at him with teary eyes.

‘A-a-ah.. it helped right!’ he suddenly stood up and started scratching his neck again. He’s right.. I feel much better.. I feel relief.. I got it off my chest..but how am I suppose to face Rikku sshi… she must be really hurt by what I said…

‘A-a-a-a-ah… sometimes.. y-you ju-u-st have to s-say it out. Or not others will not know how you feel.’ He stuttered as he kept scratching his neck.

‘A-a-a-a-ah I’ll be going to get R-r-r-r-rikku s-s-s-shi over. S-s-s-so be pre-pre-prepared..’ with that he turned around walking away in a hurry while scratching the back of his neck… Yongguk is right! I should be honest and speak out my mind. So what happened today will not happen again. I wiped the tears with the back of my shirt’s sleeve as I patted both of my cheeks. I punched my fist in the air and promise I will try to express myself. This is gonna be a start. A brand start. Haneul hwaiting..