Chapter 22

Together

Haneul’s POV

After classes came to an end, I told the boys that I would be meeting someone and I would be back for dinner. They nodded and asked if I was really okay on my way. I gave them a reassuring smile and left the school compound. A lot went through my mind as I made my way to meet Yiseul. What did she want to talk about? Whats there to sort out? When I got there, I saw Yiseul and her omma sitting by the window waiting for me. I walked towards them and took a seat in front of them. I greet them with a bow, no matter what, I should still respect them caused they are older.

‘Sign these papers.’ Yiseul’s omma said as she threw the folders containing the papers on the table with a pen. I took it and read the contents. My eyes widen as I read further. They want me to give up my 20% stock that belongs to my omma to her and also to agree to give up any assets left for me by my dad to her and Yiseul. I looked up at her and I held it with tumbling hands.

‘H-how could you…?’

‘H-how could you’ she mimicked me. ‘Well Haneul, I can and I will. Your father no longer loves you anymore so these don’t belong to you.’

She carried on ‘You don’t deserve all these especially after what your ty mother did. Home wrecker. Now sign the damn papers!’ she tried to force my hand down to sign. Tears were already falling down my cheeks. How could she talk about my mother like that? What does she mean by a home wrecker? My mother was married to my father first. I was confused..? I kept shaking my head and protesting. Yiseul joined in and help hold me down while her mother tried to force me to sign. I kept fighting to break free but they were stronger than me. I kept crying and begging them to stop.

‘Stop being a and sign the damn papers! You’re not even you father biological daughter! You don’t even share his blood!’ she screamed in my face and I stopped struggling. I looked at her wide eyes as tears kept flowing down faster.

‘You heard me! You are not his biological daughter! Your mother had you with another man and married your dad telling him that it’s his child. Now you know why you dad hates you?! Now sign the damn papers or we will made it public news that would end your filthy miserable life!’ she spat as she successfully made me sign it when I stopped struggling. I could see the smirk on their face as they took the folder and left me in the café.

I don’t know how long I sat there for but all I could think about was that Im not my father’s biological child. Those words pierce my heart as it was replaying in my head. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I looked up to come face to face with the waitress informing me that they were closing. I nodded before grabbing my bag and exited the café. I don’t know where I was walking to. All I know was I wanna keep walking to clear my head. I knew my phone was vibrating but I did not want to take any calls or text messages. I kept walking as tears flowed down my cheeks. Now it all fits, why my father hated me so much and why I was treated the way I was. I felt water droplets touch my head, I looked up and more drop on my face.

Ah.. its raining, even heaven is calling for me. I kept my head down as I walked aimlessly. Suddenly, I could not longer feel those droplets touching my skin and soaking my uniform. I turned around to see Himchan standing behind me with an umbrella over my head. He looked at me sadly when he saw my tear filled eyes. He reached out and just pulled me into a tight hug. No words were exchanged, he pat my shoulder with his free hand. I cried even harder as I cringed the back of his jacket and I cried into his chest. Why did this have to happen now? Why now? I don’t need it. I would rather not know that Im not my father’s biological daughter. At least it wont hurt so much to know why he hated me. Im so confused and frustrated. I always thought my father hated me because he blames me for my mother’s death.

‘Haneul ah~ Its okay, let it out. I’ll be you shoulder to lean on.’ He pulled me closer into his chest and patted my shoulder comfortingly.

Himchan just knew when to show up and bring me up. I feel his gentle and warm heart and my heart beats faster. Why does it feel like its about to burst because it’s beating too fast. Could it be.. I like Himchan..? Or am I feeling for the moment? But its always beating like this when he is taking care of me..? Why? Why is everything so complicated..?

‘I’ll protect you.’ He whispered in my ear as he held me tighter. He led me over to his car and I got in wetting his expensive leather seats. He started the engine and I did not care where he was taking me to. I knew it would be some place safe and I would be able to calm myself down. I can trust Himchan.. This seems to be what I can trust for now and Rikku’s kind words. These are the only two people who I can trust now. Slowly, I felt my tired eyes closing, tired from all the tears and tired from everything else. Before I knew it, all I saw was black. Maybe when I wake up this will all just be a dream.