Chapter 19

Together

Rikku’s POV

Throughout the bus ride, my heart could not stop beating. A part of me felt that what I did was wrong but a part of me was happy to be able to meet Jaejoong up close and personal. I have always been a fan of his. I attended their concert in Tokyo dome before their split. I had to beg Daehyun to come along with me since he did not allow me to go by myself. I could never forget that concert. I was truly touch by their voices. When news broke of their split, my hear broke but I still support their music till this day. Be it as JYJ or as DBSK – Homin, I like them still and I guess they have different colors in their music now. I could kinda see it in their music now. I could kinda see it clearly..?

I smiled as the flashback of our little dinner event earlier, I hope Jaejoong sshi finds the right one for him soon. I guess what most people say about him is true, he is actually really warm after you get to know him better. I was so caught up in my thought that I forgot about my stop. I realized that I had missed my stop and I quickly pressed the bell to alight at the next stop. I let out a sigh as I thought about walking two bus stops back in this horrible cold. I tucked my hands in my cardigan’s pocket to keep them warm.

I thought back to the times before Daehyun made his debut, we would always walked the streets at night freely. Sigh, we could never do that now. He is in a different world now. He gave up his privacy to be a idol and his freedom to date anyone. I don’t mind if our relationship can never be shown to the media and the fans. Im okay with things being this way for as long as this relatiosnship is stayed hiden.

I walked passed a couple holding hands freely and showing affection for each other freely. My heart missed a beat and felt sour. Knowing that I would never be able to do that for awhile, maybe I would never be able to. We get to be affectionate when we’re alone or with the members. But sometimes, the selfish part of me wish to be acknowledged by the public. I know that’s a really selfish request. Especially now when he just started his career. I hit myself on the head as I scolded myself for even having such thoughts. I felt really cold as I wrapped my arms around myself and picked up my speed.

Suddenly, someone grabbed me by the wrist to stop me. I quickly used my strength and yanked person forward. I jab the person in the stomach and flipped the person over my shoulder. The person landed in front of me with a thud. I looked down at the person and my eyes widen. Laying on the ground and in a lot of pain due to the impact of the fall was Daehyun. I quickly helped him up and pulled his hood of his jacket that fell off over his head. Luckly there was not much people around this time of the night. He dust off the dirt from his back and his sleeve. He glared at me and I closed my eyes when he got closer. I thought he was going to give me a good sounding but instead he pulled me in his arms.

‘You came back to me’ he whispered in my ear as he held me tighter. I was confused as to why he said that. I pushed him away gently as I was afraid we would get caught. As much as I wished for it to happened, I know this is not a right thing to do. I should protect him and his career that he worked hard for. I gave him a soft smile before I intertwined our hands together. He beamed back at me before he lead the way.  It has always been this way, he would walk in front of me and I would follow behind.

‘What are you doing so late?’

‘I was waiting for you. I saw you miss your stop.’ I saw his sweaty back and I know he must have ran over to wait for me. I must have missed him while I was deep in thoughts.  I beamed at his simple and sweet gesture. I guess this is enough for me…

After parting ways with Daehyun at the front door, I went into the apartment that I shared with Haneul. The hallway was dark but the light in the living room was on. I made my way there wondering why Haneul is up so late. When I reached there, I saw Haneul resting her head on the dining table. Was she waiting for me..? I walked towards her slowly and gently shook her awake. She rubbed the sleep away from her eyes as she looked up at me still a little drowsy. I smiled at her as I gently pat her head.

‘Haneul ah~ Why are you still here?’

‘Rikku unnie.. there is a slice of cake left for you. I’ll get it for you.’ she got up and I sat down as I watch her get the slice of cake for me. She even prepared my favourite tea for me to go along with the cake. I smiled at her as she gently place them in front of me gesturing for me to eat.

‘Why are you up so late?’ I asked as I took a sip of my tea.

‘I guess.. Im used to waiting…? I used to wait up all night for appa to come into my room and tucked me in. But that never happened..’ she looked down at her fingers as she smiled bitterly.

‘Shall I tucked you into bed?’ I reached over and gently grabbed her hands. She nodded shyly.

I walked ahead first and into her room to fluff up her pillow. I pull the side of the blanket away allowing her to slide in. I pulled up till it reached her chin and I sat down beside her. I smile down at her as I gently caress her cheek. She leaned into my touch as she rub her cheek against my hand affectionately. She reached out and held my hand with both of her hand as she beamed up at me.

 

Just a question, who ship Himchan and Haneul more? Or do you all prefer Yongguk and Haneul couple? I only know max_woo_lin prefers Himchan and Haneul more even though she likes Yongguk :) so i wanna know the rest of your views