Chapter 15

Together

Haneul’s POV

‘Everyone Im home!’ We turned towards the voice and I saw Himchan looking at me wide eyes as he slowly took of his sneakers, his eyes never leaving me. He slowly walked towards me and stare at me up and down. I felt uncomfortable under his intense stare. He suddenly slit down his bag pack and paper bag which he was holding on the floor. He took off his jacket and tied it around my waist, covering the front of my skirt. He stepped away and beamed down at me.

‘Now that’s better~’ he pat my head and reached down into the paper bag and pulled out a brown leather bag pack. It looked like its good enough to fill a A3 drawing block. He held it in front of me waiting for me to accept it. I was afraid of accepting it because it looked expensive. He pushed it towards me again encouraging me to take it. The two boys came from behind him and looked over his shoulder and eyed the bag.

‘Uwa~ Daebak! This is one the bag factory’s newest line. It is said to be made of genuine leather and the straps are padded so it gives it extra comfort.’ Said Zelo as he eyed the bag.

When I heard that, I quickly push the bag towards Himchan shaking my head. He push it towards me again asking me to accept it.

‘Haneul ah~ It’s a gift for being enrolled into the school successfully. Please accept it.’ he beamed at me as he once again tried to encourage me to accept it.

‘Haneul ah! Its okay to accept it. It’s a gift so its rude not to accept it.’ Rikku said as she gave me an a reassuring smile, I looked at her and I sigh inwardly. I reached out with two hands and accepted the gift. I held it close to my chest as tears began to flow down my cheeks. Every one crowded around me wondering whats wrong.

‘Im just really grateful..’ Everyone burst out laughing as they pat on my head.

We were at the dinning table having dinner. I was chewing on my food when Youngjae asked Yongguk a question.

‘Hyung, Rikku noona got Haneul into a good school and gave her a place to stay. Zelo and Jongup brought her 2 full set of the school uniform. I brought her paint brushes and all her art materials. Daehyun paid for her textbooks. Himchan hyung got her a expensive bagpack. What are you gonna buy for her?’ When he asked that both Yongguk and I choked on our food. Himchan who was sitting beside me quickly passed me his glass of water and pat my back gently to calm me down. Every one else was waiting for his answer.

‘S-she has everything what else does she need?’ he scratched the back of his neck again.

‘Yah~ Hyung~ You’re really petty.’

After that awkward conversation, Youngjae and Zelo were in charge of washing the plates while Rikku and the rest were cladding on the couch watching Hana cut some apple for the gang. I sat in between Himchan and Yongguk on the three seater couch. I had changed by then and returned each of their jacket. I was feeling really uncomfortable sitting in between them. Himchan and Yongguk both pass me a slice of apple at the same time. I was confuse as to whose I should accept first. I looked between each of them and decided to eat both at the same time. This way I would not hurt either of them.

‘Yah~ Im going out for awhile with Haneul.’ Yongguk pulled me up from the seat and dragged me out of the door leaving everyone dumbfounded.

‘O-oppa, where are we going..?’ I asked as I tried to keep up with his pace.

‘I need help with choosing my noona a present.’ He simply replied as he pulled me into a shoe shop not far away from the apartment building.

‘Help me pick something she would like’ he said as soon as we walked in. He sat down waiting for me while the shop assistant followed me around giving suggestion. My eyes caught a pair of white sneakers with a rainbow colored bottom and shoe lace. I reached out and grabbed it off the display shelf. I walked over and showed him what I picked.

‘This?’ I nodded my head and beamed at him.

‘I think my noona is around your size. What’s your size?

‘Erm.. 235..?’

‘Could you get this in that size?’ the shop assistant went to get the size.

When he got back with it, Yongguk made me try it on and asked if it was comfortable. I nodded my head and modeled the shoe for him. He smiled for the first time from his heart. He paid for it in a flash but he never asked me to removed it. My old sneakers that I had been wearing since I met them was put into the box. It had been with me for as long as I could remember. I never got a new pair. I felt it was strange that he made me wear them. he said it was a gift for his sister but why am I wearing it..?

‘O-oppa, should I not take the sneakers off..?’

‘Its for you. Why take it off?’ he turned around grabbing the paper bag with my old sneakers.

‘B-bwoh..?’ I asked shocked as I held his wrist and stood in front of him.

‘I said its for you’ he avoided my eyes and started scratching the back of his neck again.

‘I cant accept this’ I tried to take them off but he stopped me.

‘Just take it’ with that he walked in front of me leaving me to catch up with him.

‘B-but I have nothing for you’

‘Cry for me’ he said with a poker face and serious eyes.

‘Eh?’

‘Cry for me. Just like how you cried when Himchan gave you the bag pack’