Chapter 23

Together

Haneul’s POV

‘Haneul ah… please forgive omma.. Haneul ah mianhe..’ I was surrounded by plain white colored walls. I heard my omma’s soft whispers. I could sense sadness in her voice. I looked around the white room frantically and started calling for her. I felt like I had forgotten how she looked like. I kept calling for her but she kept repeating the same thing over and over again. I tried to find my way out of the room but all I see is white.

‘Haneul ah.. mianhe.. mianhe..’ that was the last I heard before I jerked up and I was breaking in cold sweat. I was panting heavily as sweat mixed with my tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked around frantically trying to see where I am. I realized I was on a bed with a clean set of dried clothes on…? Who helped me changed..?

I got off the bed and slowly made my way to the door. I was in a unfamiliar place as I was walking down the hallway towards the living room. I could smell something yummy cooking from the kitchen area. I saw Himchan tasting his cooking and stood behind watching him. His side view was really captivating and the way he is so focus on what he is doing makes him even more attractive.

Even when cooking, he makes you want to watch him. I wanted to be close to him and let him warm me up. I was about to reached towards him when he turned around. He beamed at me before dropping what he was doing and walked towards me. He gently pat my head and pulled me into his warm chest. He caressed my back and said nothing. He noticed that I was covered in cold sweat and pulled away from the hug.

He leaned his forehead against mine, I blushed madly as he did that. A small smile break his worried expression and he lead me back to the room I came from which I guess is his room. He went into his walked-in closet and got me another clean set of clothes and a fresh towel. He told me to get a warm shower while he prepare us some warm supper. I nodded as he led me into his bathroom and closed the door behind him as he left.

Minutes later, I was dressed and made my way to the dining table. He was setting the table when he noticed me standing there awkwardly. I looked everywhere else but at him as he made me very nervous. ‘Ah.. they fit. These are my sister’s clothes that she uses when she comes here for inspiration. Hope you don’t mind’ I shook my head as I looked at my feet and I suddenly wondered who changed my clothes for me before. My head shot up as I stared at Himchan face red from embarassement. He looked at me wide eyed before he gently smiled at my reaction.

‘Don’t worry, I got my neighbor to change your clothes for you.’ I sighed in relief and apologized for misunderstanding him. he smiled at me before walking over to pat my head and gestured for me to take a seat. We ate in silence as I kept looking at my food. Himchan did not make any small conversations with me like he knew how I was feeling. It was as if he could read me like an open book.

After I had finished my food, he asked if I wanted a second serving. I shook my head and he beamed at me before he pat my head again. He cleared up the table and was about to wash them when I stopped him. I told him I was going to do it but he insisted that he would do it. We fight over for it until he finally gave in with one condition and it was to do it together. He was in charge of washing and I was in charge of wiping them dry. He said that a girl’s hand should be kept smooth so he should do the hard work. I blushed when I heard him say that.

After we were done cleaning, he told me to have a seat while he prepare some tea to help clear our system. I saw lots of photo frames filled with so much wonderful memories. Inside all the photos, he was always smiling. I felt the seat sink down beside me. Himchan gently caress the back of my head gesturing me to have some tea. I held the warm cup of tea in my hand as I took a small sip of it. Ah, its jasmine tea.. I let out a sigh of relief as I place the cup down on the table. I stared into the tiny air as I let out another sigh. Himchan pat my head and make me face him. ‘Haneul ah.. whats wrong…?’ I bit my lip as I looked away sadly.. should I tell him..?

I took in a deep breath before I let it out. ‘My stepmother made me sign an agreement of giving 20% of my omma’s shares to her and whatever assets my appa stated in his will to Yiseul and her. *I bit my lip as I try to hold me tears in*  they can take anything away from me but not my omma’s shares. It’s the only thing she has left. *choking on my tears* even she’s no longer around.. those belong to her. That’s the only thing… left in her name.. what am I going to do..?’ tears fell down my cheeks, I was in a mess. Himchan pulled me closer to him and held me close. I choked on my tears and struggled to carry on the story. He caress my back to calm me down.

‘They said if I don’t sign the agreement, they would kick me out of school and they make it public that Im no longer part of the family.. they said.. they said.. my mother was a ..’ I could no longer carry on and held onto Himchan tighter as I cried my heart out. My heart hurt so bad to know that I sign that, a part of me was confuse and in doubt. I doubt my own omma..? He caress my back gently as I cried harder into his arms before I could cry no more and fell asleep…