Chapter 24

Together

Daehyun’s POV

‘Daehyun ah~ Im going to be able to live my dream soon!’ Rikku said excitedly as she jumped around me. I nodded my head and watch her pack her luggage. She was leaving tonight to New York to help with JYJ’s concert. She was in charge of styling and make up. Her company decided to send her to this trip because they wanted her to be exposed and gain some experience. A part of me was happy for her but a part of me did not want her to go. We have never been apart before and for her to go to such a faraway place I don’t feel safe. Especially since she is going to be with Kim Jaejoong.

I know their little get together at the restaurant because I read through her messages with him. I know I should not have done that but today during the photo shoot for NII with JYJ, I saw how he looked at her and how she was talking happily with him. I overheard their conversation and I was very upset when Rikku denied she had a boyfriend. How could she..? I know she cant tell him who I am but she could at least say that she had a boyfriend.

I saw how he was flirting with her and always hogging her to himself. For the first time, I felt intimidated by another guy’s presence. I knew she was a Jaejoong fan and that made me feel even more intimidated. He was already very successful and he could do things for her that I cant.. at least not the moment. I looked through her phone cause I wanted to know if she was hiding something from me.

Normally, if I came behind her to see what or who she was texting, she wouldn’t mind but now, if I stepped closer when she’s texting she would hide it away from me. I felt very hurt so I decided to check her phone text and call logs. I saw that she is texting more with Jaejoong than with me. The messages that they exchanged were very friendly and Jaejoong’s messages were a bit TOO friendly. I was very angry but when she told me the good news, I held it in. I was even angrier than I was before when she kept telling me all the nice things about Jaejoong and nothing else but him.

‘Do you really have to go..?’ I asked trying to hold back my anger.

‘Huh? *turns around and looked at me* Of course! Daehyun ah~ you know how much this means to me’

‘I know because you could be closer to Jaejoong now’ I spoke harshly as I glared at her. She looked at me confused.

‘What are you talking about.. Daehyun ah~ we are just friends’ she said as she came closer to me.

‘Friends?! *I chuckled darkly* Really? Then why did you hide the fact that you have a boyfriend?’ I asked angrily as I pushed her against the wall.

‘C-cause I wanted to protect you..’ I could see the fear in her eyes but I did not soften, I was very angry.

‘Protect me *I chuckled darkly* You just want to pretend so maybe you can make use of him to climb the corporate ladder faster right?’ I glared down at her.

‘No! Let me go Daehyun! You’re hurting me!’ she tried to struggle free but I held on tighter.

‘Okay, Im asking you one last time. Are you really going to New York?’ as I pushed her harder into the wall.

I could see tears rolling down her cheeks as she bit her lip due to the pain. I did not soften as I wanted to hear the answer I desire. I pushed her further and harder into the wall again. ‘Yes.. Daehyun ah~ Don’t you want to see me closer to my dreams..?’ she asked with her teary pleading eyes.

I let out a groan as I punched the wall beside her head. ‘No! You don’t need dreams. You belong here with me, beside me. If you’re with me, no dreams of your matt-’ before I could finish my sentence she slapped me. I looked up at her and I saw the hurt in her eyes. I slowly soften and tried to reach out to her again but she pushed me away. I fell back a little but I tried to hold her back by hugging from behind. She struggled against me and pushed me away. She went to grab her luggage angrily and pushed pass me to walk out of the door. I tried to hold her back but she kept pushing me away. I begged for her to stay and I tried to explain myself.

I really had no idea what had gotten over me, I just snapped. I followed her into the lift and tried to beg her to stay but she ignored me and push me away. When the lift’s door opened, I saw Jaejoong leaning against his car. When he saw us, he walked towards Rikku to help her with her luggage and noticed she was crying. He grab hold of her shoulders and asked her what’s wrong. She winced in pained and he pulled her shirt a little to see the bruise I made on the shoulder. She shook her head and rub her tears away. Jaejoong kept asking her who did that to her but she refused to answer.

Jaejoong grabbed me by the collar and demand me for an answer. She held onto his hand and whispered ‘Its okay..’ he let go of me before he gather her in his arms and walked her towards the car. I tried to hold them back but Jaejoong just shoved me away harshly. He turned to smirk at me before he got into the car and drove off. Rikku did not once look at me. It was like she was disgusted in me. I wanted to run after the car but I was afraid the fans would see me and I could be caught in a scandal. I held back because I wanted to protect her..? or … because I was afraid  of losing… everything..?

 

I dont know why but I pity Daehyun here instead of getting angry at him since he's rough towards Rikku! Im weird!