Chapter 25

Together

Himchan’s POV

I sat beside Haneul as she slept.. She kept calling out for her omma and started breaking into cold sweat. I grab a towel and wipe away the droplets of sweat. Suddenly she jerked up and leaned against my chest. I place the towel away and gently caress her back. ‘Bad dream..?’ she nodded and held me closer. She was shaking badly in my arms and panting heavily. I caress her back to calm her down.

‘Its okay. Im here.. ssh.. ssh...’ I assured her to let her know Im still here. I slowly lay her down on the bed and tucked her in. I gently caress her hair to have her ease up so she could sleep. When she closed her eyes, I decided to leave to get a fresh set of towels. Before I could walked away, she reached out and grab my wrist.

‘Could you stay..?’ I nod my head and sat beside her. I caress her head as I watch her slowly drift off to sleep. My phone vibrated in my pocket and it was Rikku who is calling. I slowly and quietly got out of the room to answer the call.

‘Yeobosayo..?’

‘Channie! Is Haneul okay?! I just got your message.’ I explained to her what happened with her step mother and step sister. What they made her sign and the threats they made. Rikku was very furious but I calmed her down. She told me she wont be in Korea for awhile so she is leaving Haneul in my care. I assured her that I would protect Haneul in her place.

The next morning, I called the school to inform them that Haneul is sick and she wont be going to school today. I was preparing breakfast for us when I felt someone hugged me from behind.

I smiled ‘Had a bad dream again?’ she did not respond so I turned around. I came face to face with my own noona. I was disappointed and disgusted! EW! My noona just ruined my fantasy! I guess she saw the disappointment on my face as her eyes became bigger and she jab me in my stomach.

‘Yah! Kim Himchan!!’ she yelled in my face with high pitch annoying voice. She twisted my ear and facepalmed my face. I groan in pain.

‘Noona!’ she twisted my ear harder and jab my stomach again. I fell on my knees and she was smiling at me. We both turned our head when we heard someone grasp. Haneul was shock by what just happened and started shaking very terribly. She slowly slid down to the floor. She had her hands over her ears. Noona rushed towards her and tried to help her up. I rushed towards her forgetting about my pain. She did not respond to us at all. She kept her hands over her ears and rocked her body.

Haneul had her eyes closed but tears were streaming down her face. I did not know what to do. Noona pulled her in her arms and calm her down. Haneul clings onto Noona tightly. After sometime, she calmed down and fell asleep in noona’s arms. I helped carry Haneul into my room to rest. Noona waited in the living room and prepared herself a cup of water to calm down.

‘Yah! Kim Him-’ I quickly covered with my hand and placed a finger on my lip. I pointed to the room Haneul was asleep in. She nod getting the message.

‘Yah~ Since when did you get yourself a girlfriend huh?’ she playfully bump against my shoulder. I winced in pain. For people who don’t know her they would think she’s a WWF champion or something. She always treats me rough. Everyone on the outside world have been deceived by her cute image. She’s not all cute and gentle. She’s a total man living in a woman’s body. Sometimes, I think she ate one. I rolled my eyes at her question.

‘Noona, she’s just a really important friend. Don’t make things awkward like you always do.’

‘Tsk! Is this how you talk to your own Noona? You were so gentle to her but mean to me’

I rolled my eyes and ignored her question. She gave me a head bang before she threw a folder on my coffee table. ‘Here’s the information you wanted. I went through a lot of trouble getting the best to do it. Even got it done in a day. Better keep your promise on that date with Gukkie~’ she stood up and ruffled my hair before leaving the apartment. I tsk-ed and fixed my hair in place. I opened the folder, there were informations about Haneul’s birth place, and mostly the more general stuffs.

I flipped the page and there was a copy of a police report filed by her neighbor about her appa who the neighbor saw him hitting her mother but no charges were pressed as her Omma claimed that it was just ‘playful’ little moments. I flipped over another page with another police report about her appa abusing her mother again. I flipped over and there was another report and another one. It was never ending. However, the next page caught my attention. How could I not have known? This.. I cant tell Haneul.. It could kill her. At least not at the moment and Im not the person to tell her the truth.

I quickly took the folder and its contents and place it in a basin. I took out a lighter and lid the tip of the folder. It started burning and I watched as it slowly turn to ashes. Haneul ah.. mianhe, I wish I could be honest with you but Im afraid I have to lie this time.

 

 

Wow! hahahahs i still thought i was the weird one. Looks like Im normal! hhahaas :)