Chapter 21

Together

Haneul’s POV

‘Haneul ah~ Its gonna be okay! We’re gonna be in the same class! You’re sitting next to me!’ Zelo said as he pump his fist into the air cutely.

‘No~ she is sitting with me!’ Zelo turned and stared down at Jongup but later turned back to Himchan and gave him his puppy eyes again.

Himchan sighed ‘We should let Haneul decide who she wants to sit with. But that should be decided by the teacher no?’ the boys gave each other a look before they nodded their head like little boys who were being scolded by their omma. I bursted out into laughter as I watch them getting scolded by Himchan.

‘Hyung! Haneul is laughing! Do it more!’ said Zelo as he encouraged Himchan to scold them more.

I laughed even harder as they made Himchan scold them and the confuse look on Himchan’s face. ‘Thank you..’ I said when I managed to stop laughing. They all looked at me and smiled. After fooling around for awhile, it was time for school. Himchan came and gave me my lunch box. He beamed at me before he gently pat me on my head.

‘Good luck. If you need anything please let those two know’ I held the lunch box tighter and I smiled at his gentle gesture. My heart… is suddenly beating very fast.. whenever he is near.. why..? I turned and waved goodbye to Himchan before we got into the lift.

‘Hyung!’ Zelo and Jongup ran up to Himchan and hugged him tight.

On our way to school, I was adjusting my bow tie again and again. I was afraid it was not straight. Zelo and Jongup laughed at me and started teasing me about it. I smiled at my own silliness. I was asking Zelo and Jongup about class , like what were the classes like, were they nice and if the teachers were mean. I was really afraid that I would get bullied again like before. They kept assuring me that everything was going to be okay and that they would be beside me all the time. I was still very nervous but it was getting better as Zelo and Jongup were making jokes and making fun of each other. It kinda ease my nerves. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and it was a text message from Rikku.

 

‘Haneul ah~ Today’s your first day of school. Good luck and sorry I cant be there this morning but I would be free tonight. Don’t be nervous and if anyone picks on you, I’ll kill them!! Please tell me about school tonight.

Love, Rikku’

 

I smiled as I read the text. Rikku unnie has always been nice to everyone and after reading her text, I feel so much better. I sent her back a thank you and promised to tell her everything tonight. Before I know it, we were a few blocks away from the school’s entrance. I was told to alight first and walked there myself to avoid scandals. Living and going to the same school as them could start up a scandal. I got down and watched as the van stopped in front of the school’s entrance. I could see many fangirls surrounding them and I know why now it would be a big problem if they had a scandal. I felt my phone vibrate, it was Himchan calling me.

‘Hello..?’

‘Haneul ah, walking alone is very lonely. I shall keep you company.’

‘Eh? H-how did you know?’

‘I have the gift of…. Knowing’ I could hear his cute laughter over the phone.

I smiled as I heard him laugh ‘Yeh yeh, Himchan sshi. Sure you do.’

‘I don’t think you believe me. The great Himchan is telling me that you are feeling very cold. You should reach into your blazer pocket and tucked your free hand in.’ I did as I was told and true enough I felt something warm inside my pocket. I reach and took it out. I smiled as I saw that it was a hot pack in my favourite color, purple. How did he know..? I beamed as I carried on talking to him and before I know it, I was at the entrance of the school. I did not notice I reached school and I just walked in feeling at ease. I finally realized that I was in the school ground when the security pointing his finger at me asking me to put my phone away. I quickly hung up and bow in apology.

I stepped into the school’s administration office after following Zelo’s direction form a text message. I walked in and greeted the lady at the front desk. I told her my name and she told me to wait for a moment while my homeroom teacher would take me to class. After waiting for about 5 minutes, a lady in a nice black one piece dress stepped out and introduced herself as Mrs Choi, my homeroom teacher. She led me to my classroom, every step I took I felt more and more nervous. I was afraid of how people would look at me.

When we got there, she told me to wait outside while she went inside and greet the class first. I waited and she called me soon after. I could hear the girls in the class whisper among themselves as I introduced myself. Mrs Choi assigned me to sit beside Zelo since it was the only empty seat left. I nodded and made my way there. I could heard the girl’s rude comments about me and I could tell they were not very happy with the seating arrangement. I kept my head low and walked to my seat. Zelo beamed at me and I gave him a slight smile. All I could say was, today’s gonna be a long day.

Zelo and Jongup took turns to bring me to my other classes. Some classes we had it in the same classroom while others we moved to another room. Surprising, I had almost the same classes as them and others I had it with either one of them. I did not feel lonely as they kept me company and even looked out for me. I did not make any friends cause most of the day I spent it with Zelo and Jongup. I was busy trying to remember where all my classes were and how to get there. It’s such a hude building.

Finally, it was time for lunch. I thought we would be eating lunch with everyone in the cafeteria but they brought me to the rooftop instead and we had our lunch there. I never asked why but it seems like Zelo and Jongup always stick together and watch out for each other. I ate quietly as Zelo and Jongup chatted heartily about classes. I just prefer listening cause sometimes I tend to say stuffs I don’t mean to. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and when I saw that the message came from Yiseul, I did not want to read it. Still I read it nonetheless. I place my lunchbox down and open the message.

 

‘Meet me at 5pm, Angel’s café. Got some stuffs we need to sort out. Don’t be late slave girl – Yiseul

 

I exited the message and did not bother with a reply. I would show up cause I have nothing to be afraid of. Im no longer part of the family anyways. Whats left for me..? I looked at Zelo who beamed at me again and Jongup gave me some of his rice saying that I should eat more. I smiled at his sweet gesture and thank him.