Chapter 1

Together

Haneul’s POV

I have grown up living in my older sister’s shadow. Everything I did was never good enough. She excels in her studies and she’s always first in everything. I on the other hand was always second. To my peers, Im the smartest person they know. To my parents, Im just always gonna be second place and second priority.

During family gatherings, my parents only talk about my sister’s wonder achievements and bloats about how perfect she is. They would only talk about me when my aunt or uncle mentions about me. They would always talk about how Im lacking behind my sister and how Im always second in my year. When talking about her achievements, they always seem so proud and happy. But when it come to me, they only had disgust and disappointment.

No matter how hard I tried to please them by getting higher grades and excel in my school activities it was just never good enough for them. They would always say ‘That’s you sister’s lowerest score,’ or ‘With that grade, you’re still second so whats the point?’ I was always stuck at home studying and preparing for my exams months ahead that I never got to hang out with my friends like normal high schoolers.

But then again, do I even have friends to begin with? While Im at home studying, my parents takes my sister out shopping and buys her anything she wants. She was the apple of their eye while I was nothing. I only got the stuffs that she did not want or like. You must be thinking don’t she feel bad for me? Well, the truth was she never felt anything cause Im her step sister and she never liked me. 

My mom passed away when I was 5 and my dad blames me for her death till this day. I never know why cause I was too young to remember how she died. In school, my sister pretends to treat me like the perfect sister that she is made to be. When we’re at home, she treats me like her personal slave. I have not had dinner on the same table with my family for as long as I can remember.

After school, I have to work to pay for my own expenses. My step mother claims that I don’t do well in school so I should work for my own money. I know pretty soon they would ask me to move out and live on my own. So Im prepared for it. I thought all theses would happen only in dramas but I guess Im one of those unlucky ones….?

‘Yah KIM HANEUL!!! Better hurry up and put that mascot head back on. You’re up in 5!’ that pulled me out of my thoughts.

‘Mianhe!’ I yelled as I quickly fixed the mascot head and got ready.

Today agroup called rice (BAP) will be performing as the opening act for the basketball game for our school. A classmate of mine was supposed to play the part of the mascot but she ended up ‘sick’. I know she’s pulling a fast one caused she wanted to be able to see them. I heard the group performing today is currently a hot issues with girls my age. So I ended up taking the role of the mascot. Im suppose to dance around and kinda get the crowd excited…? But if they’re such a hot issue, why do I have to help get their fan girls excited..?

I heard the start of the music and I quickly made my way towards to the basketball court and prepare to do a couple of cute moves which hopefully would go unnoticed by the students. When I walked out, a voice made me stopped in my track and turn towards its direction.

It was a husky and deep voice. It had so much manliness in it. The owner of that voice looked really serious and manly. A kind of guy that you wouldn’t want to mess with. The way he rapped and his stage presence made it harder to look away.

I snapped out of my thoughts when his parts were over. I quickly made my way towards the left side of the court and started waving my arms in the air excitedly hoping it would end faster. I must say the song was rather catchy and it has a strong vibe to it. I kinda like it.. I was in deep thoughts about that guy who was rapping.

Suddenly, I felt a group of people pushing me somewhere. I snapped out and realized that it was my step sister – Yi Seul’s friends aka the cheerleaders, part of the popular crowd in the school. They were laughing and giggling while pushing me somewhere. Before I knew it, I was pushed so hard that I went spinning and I bumped into someone. My mascot head fell off and I was on the ground.

I heard everyone grasping and talking in harsh whispers. I was too giddy to even know what’s going on.  I felt someone tap on my shoulder asking if Im okay. I turned around and my eyes met with a pair of most gentle looking pair of doe-like eyes. He was looking at me with concern in his eyes. I looked around and slowly absorb the surrounding and realized what had just happened…

Kim Haneul, you have officially became a public enemy. Good Job. My life is over!!!!

 

First chapter, how is it?