One on one

For The Love of Dance

Thank you to my very few subscribers~ didn't think this would even get any attention at all but I'm glad you're enjoying it I will try to keep updating as often as possible! thank you for the support!! ^^


Another day at school, just like any other Wednesday, only your stomach was churning thinking about your plans after school. You tried to calm yourself telling yourself that it was just to work on your dancing, that's all. Of course you wanted to have some time alone with Junhong to see how he treated you without other people aound, but for the most part, it was to work on your dancing. Nothing about that was reason to be nervous.

Besides, you had better things to worry about right now, like how Geonhee wouldn't shut up about her mystery boyfriend again.

"I was so sick on the weekend and he went out of his way to take care of me and get me everything I needed, he's just so caring and thoughtful, you know?" she bragged, sounding like she wanted our sympathy for her being sick. She seemed to be fine now.

As Geonhee was rambling away, Minju turned to you with a cute smile, "Rina, how are those dance classes going?" she asked quietly.

You smiled at her, happy that she actually remembered you were doing dance classes, "Yeah, really well actually I've made some friends now. There's these two guys-"

"Excuse me? I'm in the middle of telling a story here." Geonhee piped up. noticing you two having your own conversation when you should have been listening to her talking, like you all did every lunch time. Minju looked like a puppy who had just got in trouble.

"Sorry, go on." you said trying to hide the sarcastic tones. So you sat and put up with listening to Geonhee's story about her boyfriend. You couldn't wait to go to Maths class and talk to Youngjae. You wished there was more opportunities for you to talk to Minju more without the interuptions of Geonhee. Minju was such a sweet girl, but she was a bit brainwashed by Goenhee like all these other girls, and you both didn't dare go against whatever she said because then you would lose your status in the school.

The bell finally rang for lunch to be over and you made your way to Maths, your last lesson of your day before you had to go to the studio.

You walked into class, a few students already there and Youngjae sitting in his normal seat with your empty seat right next to him. He wasbiting at his fingernails again. You hit his arm out of his mouth to stop him as you walked past to get to your seat. He laughed at you, you both knew no matter how many times you told him off for it that he wouldn't stop.

Class began and all the students sat in silence listening to Mr. Jung explain some solution methods we were going to be practacing using this lesson. Once he was done talking everyone else in the class started chatting and doing their work like usual.

"I'm doing the one on one lesson with Junhong." you leaned over to Youngjae speaking quietly.

Youngjae laughed at you a bit, "You're actually doing it? When?"

"Today after school, I have to go straight to the studio from here."

"Wow so soon? you must be eager to have him to yourself." Youngjae joked, laughing to himself. You hit his arm lightly.

"Shut up. It's only to work on my dancing, I want to be doing it properly for the concert." you said matter-of-factly.

He nodded but he was still smirking. THe two of you got back to doing your work and didn't talk a lot for the rest of the lesson, concentrating on your maths problems.

The bell rang for the end of class and you felt your stomach drop a bit. 'Already?' you thought to yourself, packing up your things and mentally preparing you for this one on one lesson. Youngjae packed his things up quicker than you but waited for you so you could walk out of the school together.

Once you had your things together you started heading out. You had to go catch a bus into the city and walk a tiny bit down to the studio. Youngjae finished early on Wednesdays too. Sometimes you went to go get something to eat before you headed home or something, but obviously today you had other things to do.

"Alright well have fun" Youngjae nudged your arm a bit messing with you again. You rolled your eyes at him, now out of the school grounds and in front of the bus stop. He walked over to his dad's car, parked a little further down from the bus stop. "I'll be waiting for a message tonight for you to tell me how it goes!" he looked over at you before getting in the car. You nodded at him, who else were you going to tell?

-

You made your way to the dance studio, you could hear some music playing as soon as you opened the door. Peering in more you could see Junhong all alone in the room, practicing a different routine in front of the mirrors. You were a little bit late, but you didn't think he would be tired of waiting that quickly that he started using the time to practice instead.

"Sorry I'm late" you said as you were now confidently walking in the room. He was a little shocked but smiled as he went to pause his music.

"That's alright, you're not that late I just wanted to practice some things." He stepped over to you to give you a hug after you put your bags down. His arms wrapped around you slightly tighter this time, it was as if each time you saw him his hugs just got better.

"So what do you want to start with? Is there a particular spot you're having troubles with?" He walked back over to his phone plugged into the studio speakers and went to play the song.

"Not really, just kind of...as a whole?" You said, stepping in front of the mirrors.

He laughed a bit, "We'll go through it once with music and then we'll see what we need to work on." he played the music, moving to stand in front of the mirrors next to you. You went through the whole dance up to what you had learned in the classes so far. It was a bit intimidating with it just being the two of you dancing, you were meant to be improving your confidence but this was making it drop more than anything.

Once you finished the routine, he ran back over to his phone, pausing the music again, "I know what the issue is," he said smiling to himself as if he'd figured out a riddle, "you're not completing each of the moves fully," he suddenly turned a bit proffessional he was really trying to help you, "you're thinking too much about the move that comes next and so you're not finishing the move you were doing before. Honestly it's good that's the only issue."

That's all? that's good right? He was behaving much more teacher-like when you expected him to be more friendly. It was strange but not unpleasant.

He started playing some other songs to fill any silence and you stretched up a bit before he started going through the whole routine, explaining the moves further to help you.

There was one part of the dance that just didn't look right when you did it. "Wait, do that part again..." you repeated the move once more, "Ah, no, you're elbow isn't coming up high enough, it should be here." he stepped over to you and moved your arm into position where it should be. You got a little bit flustered with how close he got to you. he stood right behind you now, going over the move, demonstrating that you needed to put more power into it. And you repeated exactly the same way he did, and sure enough it looked better now. He smiled once you got it, "Just like that."

Moving back to his place he kept going through the rest of the dance, going over each thing right down to the small details in hopes it would explain the moves to you better and you would be able to do it better.

Before you knew it your hour of training in the studio was over. You both made you way over to your bags, packing things up, he kept giving you more tips.

"I think you just need to focus on completing those moves. Just keep going over it bit by bit, start slow and get faster it'll get imprinted in your brain after a while." you nodded at his words, he was helping so much. "You'll get there eventually" he smiled so brightly his dimple appeared on his cheek andhe gave you a pat on the back, his hand lingering for only a second. If your heart rate wasn't already raised from the dancing it probably would've raised even more then. Why did even the smallest touch make your heart race? and why was his dimple so cute? You kept your cool, smiling back.

"Thanks, I just want it to look good for the concert." you said, throwing your bag over your shoulder. Him now stepping behind the small reception desk, getting the keys ready to lock up the studio.

"Well, you'll be in the front so it better look good!" he joked, making the two of you laugh, "Mind you, even if it's not good everyone will be too distracted by your pretty face to worry too much about the dancing." p-pretty..face?...and he said it so casually? almost as if he didn' know what just came out of his mouth. You were confused for a short second, unsure of how to respond.

You laughed off his comment, "It's about the dancing too, I want to be good."

He nodded enthusiastically, both of you now acting as if he never even made the comment, "that's the spirit" he said walking back to you and giving you a light pat on the head. His dimple appeared again, if you didn't have some makeup on right now, you know your entire face would have been as red as a tomato.

As you made you way outside of the studio, you could see your mums car already out the front ready to pick you up. You told him you were going, and he opened his one arm not carrying his bag to give you a side hug, you were both sweaty it wasn't all that pleasant.

"I hope today helped!" he said as you walked towards the car.

"It did, thank you" he started to walk in the opposite direction, before waving at you.

'everyone will be too distracted by your pretty face'...the sentence kept replaying in your head the whole way home. Even while you were having a conversation with your mum it was still repeating in the back of your head.

Once you got home you dumped your bag on the floor of your bedroom and collapsedonto your bed. Sure, you went to do this lesson with Junhong to improve your dancing, but you remembered the original reason you decided to go ahead with it. And you got exactly the information you needed out of today.

You definitely had a huge crush on Junhong. And from the way things went, you had a feeling he might have felt the same.

~ding ding~

You got a message on your phone.

Youngjae: So, how did your date with Junhong go? ;P

You rolled your eyes at the message, you knew he was laughing to himself when he sent that, he thought he was so funny. You weren't even sure how to respond though, so much had happened. It was easier to just talk about it in person

Shut up. It went fine~ I'll tell you everything tomorrow at school :)

You threw your phone onto your bed next to you and spent the rest of your afternoon repeating Junhong's comment in your head.