Hanging Out

For The Love of Dance

Week 4 of the dance class and things were progressing again.

You got to class and Junhong gave you another happy and friendly hello and hugged you properly today. Your heart started beating faster as soon as you saw him open his arms to come in for a hug, but you dismissed the feeling immediately telling yourself it was only a hug. His body felt thin but toned as you wrapped your arms around his torso, his head sitting just above yours. Why was he so tall?

During warm ups you found yourself standing more towards the front of the class next to Hoseok & Jimin, they were being really kind to you and were including you in some of their jokes during the lesson. You felt like they were finally starting to accept you as a friend now. Not only that but since you had started making friends within the class you started to feel more confident and that seemed to help you dance a bit more comfortably.

Asyou went through the routine in the formations that Junhong made up last week, you started to notice some of the student swho he ahd put towards the back were looking at you at times to help them remember the moves. It started you thinking about how you probably did deserve to be in the spot he put you. Junhong was the teacher after all, he knew best.

"You seemed more confident today." Jimin said, lightly hitting you on the shoulder at the end of class. Junhong and Hoseok stood near listening to you chat.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting more comfortable being here." you smiled back to him. you felt yourself getting more confidence each class now too. Junhong smiled at your comment.

"I'm glad." Junhong joined in the conversation, picking up his bag, "So you wont have a problem being in the front now?"

you thought for a second...not that you wouldnt have a problem... "I'll...get used to it." you replied, laughing, causing them to laugh a little with you.

"Alright, see you guys next week I gotta go." Junhong seemed to be in a rush, waving to the three of you as he left in a bit of a hurry. Must have needed to be somewhere soon. You didn't think much of it.

"Hey, what are you doing now?" Hoseok asked, before taking a sip from his water bottle.

You shrugged, "Nothing, really."

"You should hang with us for a while, we're probably gonna go get something to eat." Hoseok suggested after swallowing his gulp of water. Was this your official initiation for becoming proper friends with these guys? either way you were gonna hang out with them anyway. You nodded enthusiastically, agreeing to go hang out for a while.

You started making your way to a food court area, it was starting to get close to dinner time by now so there was quite a few people there, you managed to find a table with 3 seats and took it before getting any food so we could save it while each of us went to get something. You didn't get much, you werent very hungry, but the boys had a full plate of food each. Dancing so hard must have made them work up a hefty appetite. All 3 of you ended up getting yourselves bubble tea though.

You chatted a lot and got to learn a lot about the two of them, Hoseok was working at his local tennis club, cleaning and organising for the players. He was apparently very into tennis during school but loved dancing too much, so now he just helps out a bit where he used to play.

Jimin works in a cafe that's owned by his parents somewhere near where he lives, apparently his latte art is super impressive. The both of them want to become full time dancers and somehow get work out of dancing but they're still working on getting their names out there. It came as a bit of a surprise to you seeming as they blew you away with their dance skills the first time you saw them dancing, they were definitely both good enough to be getting payed for how talented they were. But you guessed that was the typical struggle of a dancers life. It's hard to get out there.

They asked you about Youngjae and why he didn't come along to the class today.

"I don't know why I didn't invite him again, he has a lot of homework I guess." you said, shrugging.

"Don't you have a lot of homework too then?" Jimin laughed a bit.

You just put a finger to your lips telling him to shush, they laughed at you, but you honestly didn't even want to think about weekend homework, you had about 3 different papers to write and you hadent started any of them. But no, you werent going to think about it now.

"You seem like you're enjoying the class," Hoseok said to you, "Junhong seems happy that he has a new student."

"Yeah it's fun, now that I'm a bit more...accustomed," you laughed, "Junhong is really nice too, everyone in the class is!"

"We try to keep a positive enviroment." Hosoek smiled, "I think Junhong fell in love as soon as he could see that you were a good dancer." He laughed even more, Jimin joining in the laughter now too. Fell in love!? He was just being stupid, right? You laughed along with him, well not laughed, it was more of a snort. You brushed it off as just a silly comment.

"Always makes him happy when cute girls join the class." Jimin piped up, "and if they can dance well too!?" They both laughed again. What were they even saying? They're making Junhong sound like a player. You just laughed and shook your head at them, it was all a bit of fun, but you knew their words were going to ring in your mind all day.

~ding, ding~

Jimin jumped a little, reaching for his phone that chimed and vibrated in his pocket. Looking at the screen, Hoseok leaned over to try and get a peek.

"Girlfriend?" he asked before taking a sip of bubble tea.

"Yep." Jimin said, not looking away from his phone screen, started to type out a reply to the message he recieved. Girlfirend? you thought to yourself...so Hoseok and Jimin weren't together or anything...glad that cleared that up. But why did Hoseok say "Girlfriend?" in such a tone? it was almost as if he was annoyed....Jimin didn't look too happy to be getting a text from the girl he was dating either. And he always seemed happy. You wanted to ask questions but you sat there watching silently as he quickly typed.

He put his phone back in his pocket after sending his reply, "Sorry guys, but I think I have to go." Jimin started to stand, he was smiling again, but it didn't look very sincere.

"Really?" Hoseok said, smiling back almost in disbelief. Jimin just nodded, grabbing his bag and bubble tea which he hadnt quite finshed yet.

"Well it was great hanging out with you Rina, see you next week at dance." He came over to your side of the table to give you an awkward one armed hug as you still sat in your chair, "See you later, bro." he said to Hoseok, fist bumping before turning and leaving the food court. Now just you and Hoseok were left.

Once Jimin was far enough gone you spoke up, "What was that about?" You felt a bit awkward asking, it probably wasnt any of your business anyway. Hoseok laughed a bit, giving you a funny face.

"His girlfirend is a bit..." He made a hand gesture, which you weren't sure you even understood what he meant....you just guessed he meant she was a bit crazy?...You just nodded as if you fully understood. You kind of wanted more information though but figured it was too nosy of you to do so. So you didn't say anything else on the matter.

"I should probably go now too." You said grabbing your phone, ready to text your mum to come pick you up. Hoseok nodded.

"How are you getting home?" he asked.

"My mum's gonna pick me up." You said, both of you now standing up and grabbing your bags, "what about you?" you asked.

"I gotta catch a bus." he pointed towards the bus stop. He asked where your mum was picking you up from and offered to stay with you as you waited for her. How polite of him, you could tell how kind natured he was.

It didn't take your mum that long to get there, and it wasn't awkward at all between you and Hoseok, you just talked about dance the whole 10 minutes it took your mum to get there. He was just so easy to conversate with, why were you even worried about it being awkward?

"Alright see you next week." he said, also giving you a slightly less awkward side hug, before waving. He headed towards his bus stop, and you headed straight for the car.

As soon as you got in the car you waited for your mum to question...

..."So who was that?" she asked in a nosy tone.

You rolled your eyes a little, "That was Hoseok, one of the guys from dance."

"Oh so you have made friends with the dance people then?" she sounded excited. You nodded, and told her about how you spent your afternoon with Jimin and Hoseok. You told your mum a lot of things, she knew almost everything about you and your friends...almost everything.

Once you got home, you made you way to your room, dumping your bag on the floor and almost collapsing onto your bed. You stayed there and thought for a while. and of course, just like you thought, Hoseok and Jimin's words were ringing in your head over and over. 'what did Hoseok mean by "fall in love"?' 'also Jimin called me cute?' 'what does any of this matter?' 'fell in love!? I don't understand!!'...