The Party (Pt.2)

For The Love of Dance

Junhong grabbed your hand as you made your way to the dancefloor, Yongguk ended up following behind you, obviously not wanting to be left behind. You were worried your hand would start sweating profusely into his palm, you wanted to let go quickly before he noticed how nervous it was making you. Once you found a place on the crowded dancfloor, sweet relief, he let go of your hand, letting the three of you dance happily amongst everyone else.

You watched Yongguk dance, you could tell he wasn't a dancer, because looking back at Junhong he was pulling out every cool move he had up his sleeve. Maybe he was trying to impress you...you had already been impressed a long time ago there was no need for him to.

You spent some time dancing with Junhong and Yongguk, you were really having fun. This was nothing like the past times you had been to clubs with your girlfriends. Maybe they just weren't doing it right. Junhong looked happy in his element, and you were happily enjoying yourself with him. While dancing, some of his other friends turned up, you were being pushed and stepped on a little bit int he crowd. Junhong tried to tell you his friend's names but they all brushed right over your head, you couldn't hear him properly anyway. You think one of their names might have been H-Him...chan? and there was someone called Taehyung? you remembered that one because it was similar to your math teacher's name, Daehyun.

Junhong placed his hand on your arm and leaned down to your ear once again, "Come with me." he said happily, holding your hand again and bringing you over to the bar to get a drink. Why was he holding your hand so much, you were hoping that having something to drink would calm your nerves a little bit, or it might make them worse, you weren't really sure what would happen.

It was slightly easier to hear around the bar, the music wasn't as violent to your ears there. He ordered a drink for you without even asking you and payed for it too.

You signaled for him to lean down so you could reach his ear, "It's your birthday, shouldn't I be paying for this?" you joked. He laughed with you but he shook his head, you said thank you to him hoping he could read your lips. It must have been a nuisance for him to have to keep leaning down to speak to you, you almost felt like apologising for being so short.

You took a sip from the straw in your drink, you weren't sure what he got you...tequila? The bartender sure made it strong! Not that that was really a problem.

After you finished your drink you got Junhong to lean down so you could tell him you were going to go to the bathroom.

He stayed leaning down, "Will you be okay?" he asked back into your ear. He didn't move away from you expecting you to say something back to him, but you just nodded, looking him right in the eyes. You faces had never been this close before, nor had your heart beat this fast. You smiled, keeping calm before going off to the bathroom.

Once you were in the bathroom you rushed into a cubicle and almost wanted to collapse. Even when you shut your eyes, the image of his face so close in front yours was burned into your eyes. You heart beat faster at the thought of his sparkling eyes, and the way he'd been holding your hand all night. You tried to calm yourself, you went to the toilet and tried to calm all your nerves as you washed your hands and looked at yourself in the mirror. You fixed your hair a little and took a bit of time to relax before you went back out there.

As soon as you stepped back into the club, you thought you might get yourself another drink, and ended up buying one for Junhong too, paying for the both of them to repay the favour. Just as the bartender put the drinks on the counter, Junhong came up next to you, noticing that you were back from the bathroom.

"This is for you." you ponted at the drink, and he pointed at himself, as if to ask 'me?'. You picked it up and tried to put it in his hands, "yes, you. Happy Birthday!" you laughed. He seemed happy that you bought him a drink and once they were finished, you headed straight back to the dancecfloor to dance some more.

Junhong's other friends didn't really seem like dancers either, but they still looked like they were enjoying themselves as much as you were. You were glad you decided to come tonight, it ended up being a lot more fun than you thought it would be.

As the night went on, you danced, you drank, and now you and Junhong were sitting on some little lounges they had near the bar, as it came closer to 2am, your feet too tired from dancing the night away. Your vision had started to get a bit fuzzy by this point, you were just a bit tipsy though you weren't completely drunk, you could still think rationally.

You leaned over to Junhong, "I'm thinking I might go home soon." you said, way too tired to keep dancing, no matter how fun it was. He nodded, understanding.

"How are you getting home?" he asked.

you shrugged a bit, "I think I'll just get a taxi." you hadn't really thought about that. He nodded again and didn't say anything.

You sat, relaxing with a glass of water to hydrate you after the alcohol, and he got his phone out, seemingly to just check the time. You peeked over, noticing that it was 1:57 already.

He turned to you, about to stand up, "Come on, let's tell the others we're going." he said reaching for your hand again to help you up of the seat.

We?? We're?? going... we're?...

He stood up and helped you up, not letting go of your hand, as you went to find the others still on the dnacefloor. You kept silent next to Junhong as he told everyone he was going. Why was he going with you? He didn't need to do that. All of his friends seemed fine with him leaving, they were all smiling when they said goodbye to him, some of them said goodbye to me too, which was sweet because I didn't even know them.

We finally made it out of the club, you felt like you could hear again but your ears were a bit damaged from the loud music inside. You had to walk down the street a bit to get to an area where taxis stopped. And Junhong still didn't let go of your hand. You weren't sure if he was doing it to keep you safe, or just because he thought you were too intoxicated to be able to remember this tomorrow.

You got in the first taxi that was available, and you told him your address first. Junhong finally let go of your hand as you both sat in the backseat. It was fairly silent the whole trip back, It wasn't really awkward you were both rather tired. The quiet music coming from the taxis radio stopped it from being too silently weird.

You finally made it to your house, you unbuckled your seatbelt, reaching for your purse to pay for the fare to your house.

"Don't worry about it, Rina, I got it." Junhong smiled at you. He told the taxi driver to leave the meter running and wait for him to come back. He was getting out of the car to walk you to your door. How sweet? you thought to yourself. You didn't deserve this on his birthday.

Once you made it to your door, you fiddled around in your small bag, finding your keys to be able to get inside.

"Thank you for coming with me." you said to him. You really were thankful. You turned to him to give him a hug, and he had the same idea, his arms already opening to embrace you. You wrapped your arms around his body, your head pressed against his chest. You were starting to cling to him like a koala.

You felt his grip loosen, and then awkwardly hover around you when he realised you weren't letting go.

"Are you okay?" he giggled to himself a bit, bringing a hand up to pat your head lightly. You nodded, still not letting go, "You should probably go inside now." you could still hear him laughing slightly. You let go of him awkwardly and didn't make any eye contact with him.

"Sorry." you didn't say it very loudly, and you turned to unlock your front door, trying to be as quiet as possible, to not wake up your sleeping family.

"See you at dance next week." he said happily before quickly making his way back to the taxi who was waiting for him.

You just crept inside in silence, feeling like you were about to melt into a puddle. You hoped you hadn't made him feel uncomfortable, but you also wished that he was still there with your arms around him. Your thought sent you into a minor breakdown, and you knew alchol probably didn't help anything in this situation other than the fact you could blame your stupid actions on it if he ever asked.

In times like this there was nobody you wanted to talk to but Youngjae. You wondered if he would still be awake at almost 2:30am, but you sent him a text message anyway, hoping you weren't bothering his sleep.

"Hey, are you awake? Is is ok if I call you?"

You sat on your bed, sitting your phone next to you waiting for a response. It took a minute or two but...

"I am now, sure~ what's up?"

You picked your phone back up reading the message and pressing the button to call him straight away...