Concert Prep over.

For The Love of Dance

Back to your dance class on Saturday, it was the final week for any last minute concert preperations before the actual concert itself the following Saturday night. You arrived to class with your urge to hug Junhong still stronger than ever since your short conversation about your exams the other night. You exchanged smiles as soon as you walked in, greeting each other with your much anticipated hug, you didn't want to let go again but you forced yourself to do so. You didn't want to make another awkward moment between the two of you like last time.

You greeted Hoseok and Jimin with a hug as well, and everyone was starting to seem a little stressed or nervous about the concert coming up so soon, and this being our last lesson for making sure everything was perfect. The vibes in the class were still as positive as ever but there was s light feel of tension coming from everyone now. You were starting to feel the nerves too, but you couldn't tell if you felt more excited about it than anything else. You were just so happy to be on a stage again even if it had been a while.

The main person who seemed stressed more than anyone right now was Junhong. He was smiling the whole class and he seemed to be acting just like his usual happy self, but you couldn't help but feel like something about him was a bit off today, you figured it was just that he was stressed about the concert.

As a teacher he had a couple of other routines he had to participate in as well as being a part of his own class. You could understand why he was starting to feel the pressure. You wanted to comfort him as well as he did for you the other night, but you weren't sure how.

You made the decision that you would totally seperate dance and exams, so when you were at dance you told yourself you wouldn't worry or think about your upcoming exams at all and leave that for when you get home to study, and likewise focus on studying and leave the dance practice for class. You felt like you had everything under control now, you had got yourself into a study routine and you felt relatively okay about going into your exams in the next week.

It didn't help that all of your exams were right before the concert. You had a Maths exam on Wednesday, Biology exam on Thursday and your English exam on Friday. You were glad the way you had picked your subjects only left you with three exams but you were still feeling nervous about them. It would be better for you to focus mostly on exam study for the meantime, and leave the dance focus for all of Saturday.

Next Saturday you had to be at the theatre about 3 hours before the first performance started. There was a rehearsal to be done and everybody had to get in their costumes and makeup. There was a whole schedlue set out for everyone anyway, you didn't have to stress too much about that part of things...just the actual performance, which was now looking better than ever. You were watching the class dance together as a team to your now fully perfected routine, and it looked great. You were sure this was definitely ready to go to the stage now.

~~~

You got home and were straight to studying for Biology. You had set out your own study timetable, and after about an hour you had a short break, for snacks and other activities, like checking SNS.

You thought about Junhong being stressed in class today and wanted to make sure he was feeling okay. You typed out a message to him over and over trying to find the right way to start the conversation. You thought you should just say 'Hey' and make it very casual.

'Hey~' he replied back pretty quickly.

You thought even more about what you were going to say... 'excited about the concert?'

'yeah! of course~ are you nervous about your first performance with us?'

'haha of course' why wouldnt I be? 'are you nervous?'

'...well even the best dancers still get nervous before a performance :P' you laughed to yourself, way to keep it modest, Junhong.

'very true >.< you seemed a bit stressed in class today' you tried to bring up the concern as casually as you could, 'you okay?'

'ah yeah well, we all get a bit stressed when the concert is this close. I am okay though, thanks :)'

A part of you felt glad you asked, you knew he would appreciate the concern.

'it sure seems like a stressful time. that's good~ the concert will be great you don't need to stress too much :)' you really tried to help like he did, but you just weren't as good at it as he was.

'I'm sure it will be great! thanks :) ♥'

Your eyes widened. a heart? of course it was nothing to think about too much, people sent heart emoticons to their friends all the time, right? no big deal. Maybe he sent it without really thinking, because it felt like a big deal to you all of a sudden. You really tried to not overthink it but your real heart inside your chest was starting to feel that same strange feeling it felt when you first met Junhong. It went all fluttery once again. Why did Junhong do this to you. Why couldn't you just tell him how you feel?

Wouldn't that just make things so much easier?...