Youngjae's Birthday Party

For The Love of Dance

It was finally time for Youngjae’s birthday party. Junhong came to your house early so you could turn up to the party at the same time. He only came to yours about an hour before you had to leave for the party so he spent most of the time practicing some dance moves in your mirror while you got ready. It made you giggle a bit watching him not care about anything but dance so much. This boy was really in love with dancing.

Your mum dropped you off at the party and she expected you to be out late and just told you to get a taxi home, giving you a few extra dollars to pay for the cab ride home.

You even let Junhong put his name in the card of your present for Youngjae. You had gone out and gotten Youngjae this really cute beanie that you thought he would look really nice in. All kinds of hats always suited him anyway. As well as a cd from his favourite artist; Musiq Soulchild. He absolutely loved him and always tried to sing like him. Youngjae didn’t have a bad voice but he really really tried to be so much like Musiq Soulchild it was cute. Junhong went and got him some game that he overheard him talking about, I don’t know if I was there for that conversation. Anyway we put all of the presents together in a gift bag and added in some fancy chocolates too. He was my best friend I had to spoil him.

We rang the doorbell and were greeted by a very happy Youngjae a few moments later. He smiled brightly as he saw us at the door, greeting us and telling us to come inside. This was the first time, Junhong had been to Youngjae’s house, and he seemed in shock of all the nice and fancy looking features of Youngjae’s house. A little mesmerised before he snapped himself out of it to give Youngjae a bro hug and wish him a happy birthday.

You hugged Youngjae tight, super excited for your best friend to be turning 19. Junhong handed him the gift bag with all his presents in it once you let go of your best friend.

“Thanks guys, I’ll open it later” he said smiling, looking really appreciative that we went to the trouble to even get him a present. Like he wasn’t expecting me to get him something.

As you came inside, Youngjae quickly darted into his room to put your present away, before coming to guide you to their backyard where the party was meant to be being held. As you stepped out the doors, you noticed some familiar faces. Minju, Jimin and Hoseok were already there. Were you two the latest to the party? You thought you would be too early.

Youngjae had some speakers set up outside and he was playing some party music. There was one table full of food and a couple of bottles of spirits for everyone to drink. It was already 8 by this point, it was acceptable to start drinking already right?

Like any party, it took a while to actually start getting good. Youngjae had a couple of family friends who were his age who turned up to the party a bit later as well, so by almost 10 oclock the party had already hit ultimate party level and everyone was starting to get a bit tipsy. A lot of dancing went on as well, considering, 4 of us were dancers, and Youngjae had a killer party playlist going the whole night.

You started to get concerned about Junhong, because he kept drinking. You’d been around him when he had been drinking before, definitely, but he was drinking a lot more tonight. He might have been taking it a bit too far. But as you looked around, everyone was getting really drunk. It probably wasn’t a great thought but you figured you may as well go as hard as them as well, pouring yourself another drink, but then heading into the kitchen to get Junhong some water because he was starting to look like he needed some at this point. His dance moves were starting to lack, maybe he was just getting tired?

As you stepped into the kitchen you heard someone behind you, following you into the kitchen. You turned your head and saw Youngjae creeping up behind you.

“Hey, watcha doooing?” Youngjae asked, leaning against the counter next to you as you grabbed a new plastic cup.

“I’m getting water for Junhong.” You said, reaching into the fridge where they had their cooled water, you knew every inch of Youngjae’s house by this point it was like you practically lived there.

“You’re such a good girlfriend to him.” He said seriously, making you laugh.

“I like him a lot, why wouldn’t I be nice to him.” Your statement made Youngjae laugh now, “What’s funny?” he smiled again before speaking.

“You really love him don’t you?” he asked, almost teasing you now. You just laughed and gave him the cup of water you poured for Junhong, telling Youngjae to drink it instead and getting another new cup for Junhong. Youngjae took the water and had a sip, still laughing a little because he knew he was right even if you didn’t say anything.

You quickly changed the subject, remember that there was something important that you had to ask drunk Youngjae, "Do you really not have a crush on anyone at all? I still don't believe you." You got yourself a cup of water now and taking a sip, waiting for him to answer.

He stood in silence, thinking for what felt like forever just slightly smirking to himself. He leaned a little closer to you, "Maybe..." he laughed a little.

"I knew it!" You exclaimed getting excited and started preparing yourself to hear who it was. He shushed you and his voice went very quiet,

"But it's a really big secret and I don't think I'm ready to tell you yet." He drank his water. Even though you ere incredibly excited about finding out this information, you respected Youngjae's request to stay silent about his crush. It was going to kill you not knowing who it was though. When he's ready he'll tell me. It was probably a bit cheeky to ask him while he was drunk anyway.

"When do you think you'll be ready to tell me?" You asked, trying to not be too pushy about him revelaing his secret with you.

"When you're ready to admit to me that you love Junhong." He said, laughing at you. You just rolled your eyes. Youngjae took his cup of water and started walking out of the kitchen, but as he turned to walk away, Junhong was just coming inside to come and find me.

“Oh look who it is!” Youngjae said excitedly, stopping Junhong in his path, “This girl,” he said pointing at me, pouring Junhong’s cup of water, not bothering to look at them, knowing how drunk the both of them were by this point, “This girl likes you a lot dude,” he gave Junhong a pat on the back, “I’ll leave you two lovebirds” he said as he turned around and stepped back out to the heart of the party.

“What was that about?” Junhong asked you, laughing in confusion of what just happened. You told him not to worry about it, and picked up the cup of water, “What are you doing in here anyway? I was trying to find you.” he said continuously getting closer to you, starting to get clingy, wrapping his arms around you.

“I was getting some water for you, you looked like you needed it.” you lifted the cup up to him, and he took it, still with one arm around you.

“Awwh,” he smiled, kissing you softly on the forehead, “Thank you.” he drank some of the water and put it on the counter, freeing his hand to be able to hold onto you again. He pulled you close around the waist. Your hands now against his chest.

He leaned down and started kissing your lips. If it weren’t for all the alcohol in both of your systems, you would have been way too embarrassed right now to be kissing Junhong in the middle of your best friend’s kitchen while there is a party with all your friends at it going on just outside, a few metres away from you. But you were both drunk now, you let yourself go and kissed him harder, wrapping your arms around his neck.

The kisses were just sloppy from the drunkness, but damn it felt good. He leaned into you too hard and the both of you lost your balance a little. He put a hand down on the counter to stop himself from falling. You both laughed a little but didn’t stop kissing each other. It became more heated as he slid his tongue in your mouth. You had never kissed anyone this full on before, but you let it happen because you were having fun, but you worried that the two of you were moving a bit too fast.

“Oh, I’m sorry, don’t mind me lovebirds,” you stopped kissing each other, all of a sudden you became embarrassed, hearing Jimin’s voice, you peaked past Junhong’s shoulder and saw a cheeky smile on his face. Jimin was stepping through to go to the bathroom.

You covered your face and buried it into Junhong’s chest as him and Jimin both laughed a little bit. Jimin gave Junhong a pat on the back as he walked past, “You can continue, sorry for interrupting.” He giggled again, rushing to the bathroom. You already felt yourself going red in the face. The moment was gone now. After Jimin went to the bathroom, Junhong pecked you on the lips one last time. You smiled handing him the cup of water again, insisting that he drink it.

“C’mon there’s a party going on out there we shouldn’t be in here.” You grabbed his shoulders, turning him around and pushing his back to get him to go back outside.

You stepped back outside and Hoseok flashed the two of you a cheeky grin like he knew what happened.

“What are you smiling about?” you said defensively, as he laughed a little.

“Where have you two been?” he asked back.

“We were just in the kitchen getting some water. Stop smirking.” You looked up at Junhong, and you caught him smirking back at Hoseok and giving him a wink, before he noticed you looking at him. Hoseok and Junhong both burst out laughing, you couldn’t help but laugh a little too, no matter how embarrassed you were.

“The lipstick on Junhong’s mouth doesn’t make it any more of a secret either.” Hoseok laughed again. You brought your hand up to cover your face out of embarrassment once again while Junhong wiped his lips with the back of his hand, giggling to himself a bit.

You snapped out of your embarrassed state and took a seat next to Hoseok.

“Enough about us, what are you doing? You’re sitting here and Minju is sitting all the way over there with Youngjae,” you gestured towards the two seats where Youngjae and Minju were sat having a silly conversation by the looks of it. You had never seen Youngjae this drunk before, he wasn’t normally one to drink why was he drinking so much today, “You gonna make a move or what?” you said nudging his arm.

Junhong took a seat next to you and leaned on your arm, listening to your conversation. Why was Junhong getting so clingy all of a sudden, is this what he was like when he got really drunk? Hoseok started to look a little bit shy, looking over at Minju who was not even taking a single glance over at Hoseok.

“I don’t know how to though.” He suddenly got nervous. You never thought Hoseok could be this nervous about something like this he always seemed so positive and confident.

“Dude, just go over there and ask her to dance with you. She’s really into dancing, and she’s really into you.” you nudged his arm again, pushing him to go ask her. He still looked hesitant.

“Bro just do it, what have you got to lose?” Junhong piped up next to you, maybe a bit too loud. You just glanced at him clinging on to your arm and shook your head a little at how drunk he was. You quietly told him to drink his water, and then pushed Hoseok to go talk to Minju.

Once Hoseok finally stood up and went to talk to Minju, you and Junhong watched from your chairs. You turned to Junhong and grabbed his hand with his water in it, forcing it up to his mouth. He tried to shoo your hand away and stop you from forcing him to drink it, the both of you just giggling. You totally got side tracked from watching Hosoek and Minju, but once you turned back to see what was happening, you saw the both of them already dancing together with bright smiles. You knew it would go well, it’s not like you had any doubts that this would happen anyway.

The alcohol was really hitting you hard, you didn’t realise but you started zoning out, staring into the distance. You only snapped out of it when Junhong started laughing at you and offered you some of his water. You gladly took it, you didn’t want to be waking up feeling like tomorrow either.

You were done with drinking at this point, but Junhong still had another drink or two and encouraged you to start dancing with him, as he joined Hoseok and Minju on the dancefloor. You happily danced with him but you became more and more concerned with how much alcohol he had consumed tonight.

You went and found Youngjae.

“Youngjae, is it okay if me and Junhong crash here?” you asked him seriously.

“I don’t know~ are you two going to get up to somethi-“ you gave him a light smack on the back of head. Hard enough to shut him up but not enough to hurt him.

“No idiot, I’m just concerned because Junhong’s had a lot to drink tonight.” You said looking back to Junhong dancing like a huge dork, totally in his own world.

“Oh okay,” he became serious again, he must have learnt his lesson, “You guys can take the spare bedroom. As long as you’re out by 11 tomorrow, okay?”

“Yeah that’s fine!” you said with a smile, “thank you~” you gave him a hug. You thought you better text your parents in case they got worried about you not being home tomorrow morning.

You went inside to get yourself some more water from the kitchen, drinking it there and texting your mum to let her know what was happening, before refilling the cup to bring back for Junhong, out on the dance floor.

You came back outside to find everyone on the dance floor now. Junhong stepped over to you as you stood at the outside door.

“Hey everyone’s dancing now, where’d you go?” He asked holding your arm, clinging to you once again.

“I went to get you more water, gotta keep your hydration up for more dancing.” You smiled at him handing him the cup.

He flashed the cutest smile back at you, “Thanks,” you had never taken such care of a drunk person befo- “I love you,” your eyes widened, and his eyes softened as he seemed in a daydream, before he suddenly opened his eyes wide again as well “I mean…uhm…not like…” He tried to backtrack, but you kind of wanted to pretend it didn’t come out of his mouth too.

“Don’t worry, I’m going to totally ignore that you said that.” He still looked a bit embarrassed, “You’re very drunk right now, a lot of strange things are coming out of your mouth.” You laughed, and he took a drink of the water to stop himself from saying anything else…strange.

“Come on let’s go dance with everyone.” You took his hand and you started dancing with everyone else.

The guests slowly started going home and party came to a close at around 2am. The music turned down much more quiet, as you and Junhong tried to help Youngjae clean some stuff up to same him so much work in the morning. What would he have done if we weren’t there?

Once some things were cleaned up he told us it was fine for us to go to bed if we were tired.

“There’s blankets in the cupboard in the hallway if you guys get cold.” Youngjae told us as we finished putting some more plastic cups in the bin. You said goodnight to Youngjae and he went off to his own bedroom after turning off all the music and locking the outside door.

You lead the way to the spare bedroom of Youngjae’s house that was right down the end of their long hallway. You hoped Youngjae had sobered up enough to make it to his own bedroom upstairs.

You found your way to the spare bedroom. It was nothing but a small room with one bed and a lamp on a bedside table. The first thing Junhong did was step over to the bed and flop his whole body onto it, almost collapsing right there and then. You laughed a little. He must have been so tired by now the poor thing.

You reached over and the bedside lamp and then came back to turn off the main light to the room. Taking your phone out of your pocket and placing it on the bedside table. Junhong lay on his stomach, with his head turned to face you. He watched you as you put your hair up to stop it from strangling you in your sleep. He didn’t take his eyes off you the whole time, without saying a word, he just smiled at you as you got comfortable on the bed next to him.

You lay on your back just staring at the ceiling for a while, the bedside lamp still on a low setting. You felt tired but not like you wanted to sleep.

“You shouldn’t sleep on your back.” You heard a mumble come from next to you. You turned to see Junhong still staring at you. He got up off his stomach and lay on his side, facing you in a more comfortable position, “If you puke you’ll choke. You should lay on your side. Face me.” It all came out as a slight mumble, you could tell how tired he was. You turned your body to face him and smiled. He looked like he was having trouble keeping his eyes open but he wanted to keep them open to look at you longer.

“If either one of us is going to puke it’ll be you though.” You laughed a little.

He couldn’t even disagree with you, he just closed his eyes softly and nodded a little bit. “Why did I drink so much?” he whined, making you laugh again. You weren’t sure what the answer to that question was either.

All you could do was smile at him. You brought a hand up moving some of the hair out of his eyes and kissing him on the forehead, “Just get some rest, bub.”

You turned over to turn the lamp off before turning back to face him again. You could have stayed facing the other direction, but you really wanted to face him. It was almost like a safety thing. You tried to let your eyes adjust to the dark, but it wasn’t really happening, so you just kept them shut and started drifting off to sleep.

You could tell Junhong had already drifted off to sleep before you did, because you started to hear him breathing through his nose. Knowing there was someone else with you made you feel really calm. You had never slept like this with anyone else before, but you could get used to it. The sound of Junhong’s breathing made you fall asleep calmly. It was probably a weird thing to happen but he just made you feel so calm and safe now. You were out like a light after 10 minutes.

... ... ...

“Rina?” a soft whisper woke you from your deep sleep, but you ignored it and tried to keep sleeping, you were way too tired to respond. “…are you still awake?” you tried your best to not be awake, not responding at all to Junhong’s whispers.

It went quiet again for a while, he must have realised you were asleep after all.

“I just wanted to say…” he was still mumbling even when whispering. What did he want to say? Should I respond so he knows I’m awake or let him talk when he thinks I’m actually asleep.

“…that..strange thing, that came out of my mouth earlier tonight…” what strange thing? I’m too tired to remember everything that happened tonight.

“even though I was very drunk..I…kinda meant it.” What thing is he even talking abou-Oh.

“I love you, Rina.” You kept your eyes shut and hoped and prayed that he couldn’t see your eyelids trembling in the dark. It was getting so hard to pretend you were asleep now. You were dying to swallow but your brain was telling you not to because then he would know you were awake. You felt like you couldn’t breathe for a while. You heard Junhong’s breath go back to his sleep mode and you held back so much from whispering back ‘I love you too, Junhong.’ You couldn’t do it because then he might be fake sleeping too and you just couldn’t be 100% sure he wouldn’t hear it.

But wait. Wasn’t the point for him to hear it anyway? Why do I not want him to hear that? It’s the truth, and I trust that he’s telling me the truth when he says it. Oh this is all too confusing I don’t know what to do.

You just held it together for a while longer and drifted off to sleep again; this could wait until the morning for me stress over.



There you have it!! another chapter! and it was a freaking long one!!! my gosh~~ What will Rina do about this situation!?!?! Sorry if it really feels like there are a lot of holes in this story~ I'm really trying~! really trying to keep it all well written and keep it interesting for you guys! ;;;;;;;;