First Kiss

For The Love of Dance

You were excited to be meeting Junhong again at the studio, this was now technically your third date. It seemed like he had something planned for you today but you tried to keep it together and not let your anticipation show.

You picked a rather cute outfit for today, you don’t know why you decided to go for a different style. Was a cute skirt too much? Would Junhong be expecting you to look cute instead of hip-hop for once? Would he like that? That shouldn’t matter you can wear whatever you want, who cares if he doesn’t like it, sometimes your cute and sometimes you’re a tomboy he had to deal with that.

You felt like being cute today and so you dressed in a much more cute way. You did really hope that Junhong would like it though.

You stepped out of your room, yelling to your mum that you were ready to go, she was dropping you off at the studio. She stepped out from the living room and into the front room near the door where you were waiting to go.

“Oh, you’re rather dressed up aren’t you?” She said as soon as she saw you.

You sighed, you couldn’t tell if it was a bad thing of if she was just teasing you, “Is it really too much?” you asked, starting to get worried.

“No, no, Honey it’s fine,” She laughed, “you want to look good for your boyfriend.” She rubbed your arm before opening the front door, starting to head out to the car. It wasn’t for him, this was for you to feel good…

~~~

“Have fun honey!” your mum yelled to you before you shut the door, getting out at the studio door.

You stepped inside the studio once again, being greeted with the sound of hiphop music, just like last time.

Something was different though, as you stepped in, the lights were all off but you could see a bunch of fairy lights set up around the studio, and you turned to see Junhong standing in the middle of the room as if he was waiting for you to turn up. You couldn’t help but laugh.

“What is this, Junhong?” you said as he smiled at you looking around the different studio.

“It’s our third date.” He stepped over to you to give you a hug.

“Why are you playing Drake though?” you looked up at him, not parting from the hug.

“That was just to trick you into thinking I was practicing.” He laughed.

He took your hand and led you over to a small table with two chairs that he had set up for the two of you. Why did he go to all this trouble, it was really cute to you. You sat down in the chair as he stepped over to his phone to change the music to something more appropriate. He had made a playlist of quiet songs that could just play in the background, he really planned this out. You were anticipating but not this much.

He sat down with you at the table, “So since I can’t cook, we’re ordering Chinese food.” He laughed sheepishly.

It made you smile; at least he was being honest with you.

For a second when you looked at Junhong you really felt your heart beating faster all of a sudden. You hadn’t been nervous like this since the first few times you met him. A feeling came over your body and you wanted nothing more than to kiss his lips. It was the one thing you had been waiting to happen for so long. You were hoping it would happen tonight. Maybe that’s why you felt so nervous.

After a while of chatting to one another, and asking him why he did all this, the Chinese food had arrived and to be honest, at this point, you were starving. The conversation stopped while you were eating because you were just so hungry. You wondered if it was a real turn off for Junhong to see you eating so much but you couldn’t help your hunger.

Once you were finished eating and the food had settled, Junhong got up and went to his phone, turning up the volume of the music a little more now before stepping back to and reaching out his hand.

“Care to dance?” he said with his other hand behind his back. You smiled at him and took his hand, getting up and stepping into the centre of the room with him.

The song was slow and still quiet even with the volume raised now. With one hand intertwined with his fingers and the other on his shoulder, the two of you did nothing more than stay close and just sway to the tempo of the music. It was nice, not the kind of dancing you were used to, but it was nice to just calmly be in Junhong’s arms like that.

You weren’t totally calm on the inside though, ever second that passed you felt close and closer to when he was going to finally kiss you. He had his hand on your waist and he pulled you closer to him.

All you could do was give him a smile and then straight away look down, pressing your head closer to his chest. You didn’t know why you couldn’t look at him without feeling so nervous. You needed some more time to prepare for this moment.

With your head against his chest, he lightly rested his chin on top of your head. Could he tell how nervous you were? Could he have been just as nervous as you? Both were very likely. You moved your head a bit so that it was closer to the left side of his chest, seeing if you could hear or feel a heart beat at all to confirm if he was nervous too, but you couldn’t really feel anything.

He took his chin off your head and prepared to say something, “Did you enjoy dinner?” he asked very quietly, both of you still swaying in each other’s arms. You knew he was trying to get you to look at him but you kept your head where it was and just nodded, humming a little.

“Do you like how I decorated the studio?” more questions, you were going to have to look at him eventually. But you just stayed as you were and nodded once again trying to hug him tighter.

He laughed very silently when you nodded again, “Why won’t you look at me?” he laughed a little bit, you felt like he knew exactly why, and at this point you had no choice but to look at him.

You gulped before you lifted your head off his chest finally, your eyes met and you knew this was it.

He smiled at you and started leaning in, you looked up at him readying your lips and slowly shutting your eyes. He pressed his lips to yours very gently and you felt your heart start racing. It was just as amazing as you wanted it to be, and always thought it would be. It lasted 5 seconds at the most but it was so amazing. You felt excatly like you were in some rom-com and there were fireworks going off at that exact moment.

Your faces only centimetres apart, you smiled at each other after your first kiss. You hoped it had been just as wonderful for him.



wwaaaaahhhh~~~ Rina and Junhong finally kissed and it was magical~ hehehehe. Once again thank you for still reading if you are still with the story lol sorry it's been taking me a while to update and stuff~~ I'm working on it :)