School Friends

For The Love of Dance

We're still in beginnings now...it's taking a while for the story to take off lol sorry


It was Monday now and you were at school. The muscle pain from Saturday had subsided by now, you hadnt used those dancing muscles in so long, it was going to take a while to get used to it again.

Sitting with your girlfriends at Lunch time, they asked you about what you did on your weekend.

"I went to a dance class" you said happily, recalling the fun you had.

Ooh~ the group collectively sounded, they seemed interested. Yor closest friend in the group, Minju smiling at you, super interested.

She opened to ask you a question "What kind of-"

"Well I went to the theme park with my boyfriend and we went on that crazy rollercoaster..." Geonhee interrupted, having a seemingly much more interested weekend story to tell. You could see the shock on Minju's face when she was cut off, but we both let it pass, it wasn't the first time this had happened, this was just what Geonhee was like, she always had to be better than everyone. And of course, her theme park story got even louder and bigger ooh's from everyone else. I had never even met this boyfriend of her's before, she had never even told us his name before, I was starting to question whether he was real or if she was making it up to sounds better than all of us who were most definitely single.

You wondered if it was worth going for a quiet trip to the library to go and chat with Youngjae instead.

Youngjae always spent his Lunches in the Library, it wasn't that he didn't have friends, lots of people were friends with him. And it wasn't like he didn't want to sit with you and your friends...okay it was a little bit, You were getting sick of those girls more and more every day too, Minju was the only one worth staying good friends with at this point. Youngjae just preferred the quiet, he was a quiet person and quiet was comfort to him. You knew you and Youngjae had the next lesson together so you decided to stick it out with your girls until it got close to the end of Lunch, putting up with Geonhee's 'amazing' story about her trip to the theme park with her boyfriend.

-

With only 10 minutes until the bell was about to ring for the next period, you only told Minju who was sitting next to you that you were just going to head off to your locker, saying goodbye to the girls who cared that you were leaving.

But really, you quickly dashed off to the library to pick up Youngjae before your next lesson.

Stepping through the library doors you could already see rows and rows of empty tables, there was only about 3 people in here. But it was so quiet, you could tell why he liked coming here. One of those 3 people was Youngjae, about 3 rows back and 5 tables away from the door, with his head almost burried in a book, you didn't know whether you should even disturb him or not he looked so concentrated.

With one hand holding the book open to the page he was reading on the table, he brought his other hand up to his mouth, starting to bite his fingernails. As a girl who took very good care of her hands and nails this habit of his always bothered you.

Because he was so conentrated on his book you decided to slowly make your way over to him without disturbing his reading...he was far enough away that you walked straight into the aisles of books without him seeing you and going almost the full way around the library without him noticing you. you turned down a book aisle that was directly behind his table, walking slowly and quietly towards him. From the back you could still see his hand at his face, biting away at his nails.

As you got closer you reached a hand out, now you were right behind him. You gently reached for his arm and pulled it away from his face.

"What the-" he raised his voice a little, not enough to disturb the lirary silence though. He turned to look at you in confusion before realising who it was. He let out a quiet little laugh when he saw it was you.

"You know I hate you biting your nails, Youngjae" you whispered, taking a seat next to him. He just nodded, looking back at his book.

"Why'd you come here? getting sick of those friends of yours?" he whispered back only looking at the book. did he have the ability to conversate AND concentrate on reading a book at the same time?...probably.

"...Yes, but that's not why I came," you laughed quietly, "I'm here to pick you up for Maths, bells about to go in a few seconds." you whispered, looking at your watch. He looked up at the clock in the library and right on que...

Rrrrrrng~ 

"To Maths~" you said, closing the book in front of Youngjae. He sighed a little obviously getting into his reading.He put the book back in it's shelf and grabbed his bag catching up to walk along side me as we made out wayto maths class.

"To Maths~" he repeated back to me reaching one arm out and grabbing my wrist with his other hand starting off on a light jog to get to class. You just laughed at him, following along reaching out your free hand like him.

-

Youngjae was one of the smartest students in your year, so it was somewhat of an advantage always sitting next to him in your classes. You weren't the dumbest but it was always nice to have someone who knew what they were doing right enxt to you to help at all times. With your maths class especially it was helpful that your teacher wasnt too strict and let you guys chit chat as long as we were actually getting work done, and our chatting wasnt too loud.

After Mr. Jung was finished explaining what he needed to for the class, he sat at his desk to grade papers, letting us free to chat amongst ourelves and work at the same time. Mr. Jung Daehyun was such a laid back teacher and he taught our Maths and Science classes, he was one of my favourite teachers, it helped that he wasn't that bad to look at either. Was it weird that I had a bit of a crush on Mr. Jung? maybe...but a lot of girls at the school thought he was cute.

"Oh, I almost forgot, how did your dance class go?" Youngjae asked as he started ruling up a page in his work book. Even just the fact that he asked made me smile, I was so glad he actually cared.

"It was so much fun, all the people at that dance school are really friendly," you said starting to rule up your page as well.

"That's good" he said with a smile, "is the teacher nice?"

"Yeah he's really friendly too~ he's so tall though and so good at dancing it's a bit intimidating" he laughed at your comment, both of you starting to work on your text book problems.

"I bet you'll be as good as him one day"

"Yeah maybe, if I work hard enough...I could never be as tall as him though." Youngjae laughed again.