The Studio

For The Love of Dance

With your head slightly clearer from your conversation with Junhong, you were on your way to the city to hang out with Youngjae and Minju. She was keen to hang out with the both of you outside of school so you organised to spend some time in the city after school one day. That day was today, Thursday. It was just after lunch time so you thought you would all go and get something to eat and just sit down somewhere for a while to chat.

Minju seemed much happier when she was hanging out with you and Youngjae, maybe she felt a sense of freedom from Geonhee now that she was spending her time with us instead. From theamount of gossip she had for us about Geonhee, she had been paying about as much attention as I did when she spoke, she really didn't even take notice of what was happening she wasn't interested. She had tried to talk to some of the other girls, but they were all on Geonhee's side and would shush her so that they could hear what Geonhee was talking about. So it was understandable that she was happier with us, everyone was included in conversations and we could all talk about whatever we wanted. You felt a bit bad that you couldn't have saved her sooner though.

The three of you sat in a small cafe and ordered some cakes, nothing too fancy. You were chatting as you waited for your food.

"How long until the concert now Rina?" Youngjae started a new conversation.

"1 more week of class, and then next Saturday is the concert." you answered, suddenly realising how close it was now.

"Ooh" Minju started, sounding very interested, "are you nervous?" she said with a smile.

"It's not really hit me yet," you laughed, "I'm sure I'll be really nervous on the night." The both of them nodded.

"Oh that reminds me!" you remembered, "Do you guys both want to come along to watch the concert?" you smile hoping the both of them would be excited to come and see you dance. You already knew Youngjae would be there, but you were excited that you had somebody else to invite.

Minju nodded enthusiastically, and you told her all the information she needed; location, time, ticket price. Great! Now Youngjae had someone else to sit with besides your parents and your brother too.

Since you were in the city, when you were finished in the cafe, you thought you would show Minju whereabouts the studio was. You talked to Minju a lot about your dancing she seemed really interested in dance herself, and you thought maybe once the next term of dance started that you should bring her along to join your class, she was such a happy person she would get along so well with all of the friendly people there.

When you made your way to the studio, you didn't expect anyone to be outside but there was someone there, and someone familiar.

"Rina?" he looked straight at you, also not expecting to see you there on a Thursday.

"Hoseok!" Youngjae said before you could even get a word out, Youngjae seemed happy to see him as well. That made you feel great, your school friends and your dance friends getting along so well.

You walked closer to say hello and give him a hug.

"What are you doing here?" you asked, intrigued to what he was hanging around the studio for.

"I came for practice with my crew earlier," He said like I should have already known, well it wasn't that surprising that he was here he probably lived in the studio, "What are you guys doing here?" he asked. Probably a better question.

"We were just hanging out after school," You looked at Minju, "This is my friend Minju, I was showing her where the studio was." Hoseok smiled and quietly said 'nice to meet you' shaking Minju's hand politely. Minju just smiled right back, she seemed a bit mesmerised by Hoseok's smile. You mentioned to him that she was interested in dance and suggested to her that he should come along for a class when the new term starts, Hoseok agreed with you happily, you knew he was encouraging but he seemed more enthusiastic this time.

You decided to head back into the city where all the shops were and just wander about for a while.

You were far enough from Hoseok now for him to not be in ear shot, Minju turned to you with a bright smile, "Rina, you didn't tell me that your dance friends are hot." You and Youngjae both laughed at her comment, "Who was that?" she asked.

"That's Hoseok, he's a part of this really cool popping crew, he's a really great dancer." you replied.

She looked away as if she was daydreaming all of a sudden, "He's beautiful, and he dances well..." she looked back to you suddenly, "is he single!?" You and Youngjae laughed again.

You thought for a second, you weren't really sure if he was single, but he had never really mentioned anything about a girlfriend before, "I think so." you told her, still unsure yourself.

"I think I'm gonna join your class when they start again." she nodded determinately, making you and Yougnjae giggle once more.

You knew she seemed mesmerised, but he seemed in a dream when he looked at her too, although not quite as noticable as Minju.