Invitation

For The Love of Dance

After more weeks of going to the dance class, you became very close with Jimin, Hoseok and Junhong as well. It became a regular routine for you to hang out with Jimin and Hoseok after class, and you were absolutely enjoying it. You were so happy you had made friends and ones that were so sweet, you knew you would be friends with these boys for a very long time. It was such a relief to know that they got along so well with Youngjae as well, anyone who couldn't get along with him was not worth keeping around. Youngjae meant too much to you for you to be friends with someone who didn't like him.

This week was a little different to the usual though. It was about 4 weeks until it was time for the concert now, the class was progressing along nicely, things were being perfected in the dance, it was all coming together and it was looking great.

After class however, Hoseok and Jimin had to run of in a hurry for some reason that they didn't explain to you. But you quickly said goodbye to them before they left in a hurry. You took your time gathering your bag and taking a drink of water before you were going to just head off home.

"Don't you normally hang out with those two?" Junhong asked next to you, now getting his own things organised.

"Yeah, gues they had somewhere to be today." you smiled, not really thinking much of it. It wasn't like you had to hang out with them after every class, no big deal.

"So what are you gonna do now?" he asked very innocently.

You shrugged, "go home I guess," you swung your bag over your shoulder, "Why?" You met his eyes for a second but he looked back to his bag, rumaging his hands around in it.

"Oh, I was just gonna ask if you maybe wanted to hang out with me instead?" he didn't make any real eye contact with you, was he nervous? Your heart beated faster, realising how close this was to asking you out.

"We can do that." You agreed happily. He finally looked at you, smiling cutely.

"What do you normally do with those two?" he asked, now closing his bag up and putting it over his shoulder.

"We just walk around a bit, we normally end up in the foodcourt and we chat there for a while," to anyone else that probably sounds like a really boring way to hang out, but it was just fun enough spending time with Jimin and Hoseok, they were fun people, "Until Jimin gets a phone call from his girlfriend and he always has to leave in a hurry." you both laughed.

"Well we can do all of that" he said with a smile, "except for the last part," he laughed, "I don't have a girlfriend I wont be running off in a hurry." you laughed at him, but you couldn't help but feel like it was him trying to drop hints about him being single. You were glad that was made clear but decided to not think about it too much, making your way out of the studio and to the mall part of the city.

There was a bit of silence between you to begin with but it didn't take long before you both couldn't shut up. You talked alot about dancing mostly. It became really clear to you how much Junhong really loved dancing and how important it was to him. It was one of the cutest things you've seen, watching him talk about something that he loves so passionately. You were inspired by his love of dance, he was becoming both a great friend and role model to you now.

The time you spent together was a really great opportunity for you both to learn much more about each other, and Junhong was so easy to talk to even though his cute smile made your stomach do backflips most of the time.

You sat in the same foodcourt you always sat with Hoseok and Jimin to have your weekly chats, and you started asking Junhong more questions about himself.

"So then, when you're not dancing what are you doing?" you asked very casually, diverting the conversation away from dance finally.

"Working," he smiled, "I'm a coach for the soccer team at my old primary school."

"You get payed for that?" you asked, primary school soccer team coach? You couldn't imagine it was a well paying job, but the thought of Junhong with little kids brought a smile to your face.

He nodded, "It's not a lot, but it's something for now," he said, "and I love teaching them things, they're good kids too." He started smiling, thinking about his work. It made you smile too seeing the look on his face, it was obvious he really loved what he was doing.

"So then, if you're not dancing or working, what do you do in your free time?" you asked, leaning back in your chair.

He sat and thought for a moment, seemingly unsure of what he did. "Honestly...I just dance in my own free time" he was 100% serious, his whole life revolved around dance, "I'm making new routines, or I'm practicing something new." You couldn't tell if he was happy with his life being so much about dancing, it seemed like he was just making the realisation now. You were sure he was happy about it once he laughed to himself a bit, "There's always dancing to be done." You nodded, agreeing with him. That was true, but you couldn't say you experienced the same with your life.

He asked you the same question back, "I don't have a job yet, I'm still in school, it's my last year." you rolled your eyes a bit thinking about school and how much you couldn't wait to get out of that place, he nodded as soon as he saw how over school you were.

"I finished last year, I understand. Trust me, it's so good once you're out of that place." he laughed.

You were glad someone understood, "The only good thing is I get to hang out with Youngjae 5 days a week." you wondered what you were going to do once school was over, you and Youngjae would still be best friends, right?

"How long have you known Youngjae?" Junhong seemed curious.

"Since we were 9 years old," you smiled, "He's been my best friend since then, so he's like a brother to me now." you got in the words before he could ask if you were dating, you knew some people got the wrong impression sometimes. But honestly Youngjae was like your brother, and you were like his sister, and you both knew that about each other. You both went to each other about everything, nothing between you was hidden, and although you tended to tease each other from time to time neither of you really judged the other for anything. It was one of the strongest bonds of friendship you've ever had in your life.

Junhong nodded seriosuly, realising how important Youngjae was.

Your conversation continued on for a while, before you came to another silence. You had both talked so much that you ran out of things to say. Suddenly Junhong piped up.

"What are you doing next Saturday after class? Like even after hanging out with Hoseok and Jimin, you dont have anywhere you need to be?" he asked.

Your heart sped up again, was he going to ask you out now? Why was he asking? You just shrugged, keeping cool on the outside, "I don't know really, Why?" you honestly didn't know that was a whole week away, you didn't even know what you were doing tomorrow....homework probably.

"My birthday is coming up this month, so my friends and I are gonna go out on Saturday night, you should come along too if you're not doing anything."

"Oh?" you said, that was not what you were really expecting, but not a bad thing...you didn't think it was a bad thing, "Where are you gonna go?" you definitely needed more details before you agreed to this though.

"I think we might just go to some clubs or something, nothing big." he didn't seem all that sure of what was happening himself.

"Well...I'm not really a clubbing person-"

"Neither am I," he cut you off, laughing, "My friends don't get in any trouble though, we all just like dancing." he smiled, that didn't surprise you one bit, "you don't have to stay for long." he said.

You thought for a second, it couldn't be that bad could it. Clubbing with Junhong? that was a weird concept you still couldn't get your head around, "Okay, well I'll see if I'm doing anything that day and I'll get back to you, sounds like fun though." you'd still have to ask your parents as well, of course they'd most probably be okay with this, but you yourself were kind of unsure. He seemed happy at your answer, it sounded promising.

You and Junhong hung out for a little longer before you texted your mum to come and pick you up. On the car ride home it suddenly dawned on you whether you would have to buy him a present or not. You were going to be in a club it's not like he can really carry a present around with him. And what would you even get for him? You were friends now, yes, but you didn't know him that well. As soon as you got home you had homework that needed to be done, you shouldn't be worrying about birthday presents now.