Library Chats

For The Love of Dance

"He what?" Youngjae burst out in silent laughter in the middle of the library.

"He asked me to go to a club." you repeated yourself, after explaining the story to him once. You were telling him everything about Saturday's events.

Ever since you had gone to this dance class you were spending more lunch times in the library with Youngjae. You felt bad for both Youngjae and your girlfriends. Part of you felt like you were distracting Youngjae from studying by gossiping to him about your dance classes all the time. Part of you also felt bad for not spending time with your girlfriends....not really, mostly just Minju because she was a nice girl and she didn't deserve to be left with all of those mean girls. You wondered if not hanging out with them was going to lower your status in the school, but with the year coming to an end so soon it didn't really bother you how you were seen in this school anymore.

"And what did you say?" he asked.

"I told him I'd get back to him if I had nothing on that day. What do I do Youngjae?" you said slightly distressed, you were really unsure about this.

"Well what do you want to do? Do you want to go?" he asked you seriously

you shrugged, "Yeah, a little bit."

"Well he obviously wants you to go or he wouldn't have invited you. You can just turn up say happy birthday to him and then leave." you both laughed.

"Yeah I guess I'll go, thanks Youngjae." you let him get back to studying, sitting in silence for a bit, "Youngjae how come you never tell me about your problems these days? I feel like I havent shut up about Junhong, don't ou have like....girl troubles that you want help with?" you asked, genuinely concerned you were starting to bore Youngjae with all your problems. He just laughed at you.

"No, I don't have any girl troubles" he said, not taking his eyes off his work book, still writing.

"Okay well if you do one day, don't hesitate to talk to me about it." you patted him on the shoulder and he nodded at you, finally looking up from his book and giving you a smile before getting back to work.

You and Youngjae had one of those friendships where it wasnt awkward when there was silence, you just didn't have anything else to say. But maybe you were also worried about distracting him from his work again so you kept quiet, letting him study.

"There you are," a girls voice whispered. You looked up to see Minju walking over to your table and taking a seat next to you, "I've been looking for you, Geonhee wont shut up I'm getting so sick of her." you laughed at her, knowing how bad it probably was with the other girls, feeling glad you were here in the library. You didn't expect her to show up, it was nie to be able to talk to her without Geonhee there to dictate you all.

"I can imagine, I've been coming here to hang out with Youngjae most of the time, sorry I left you there with them." you honestly were sorry towards her.

"That's alright, I escaped now." she joked. Youngjae laughing in between studying.

"You should come here to hang out with us from now on, it's really nice in here." you suggested to her, Youngjae nodding with you. It would be really nice to hang out as the three of you. Minju was a good person, like Youngjae, she was trustworthy and definitely someone you wanted to stay in touch with after high school was over and done with. She had an interest in dance just like you as well, so maybe it'd be easy to talk to her more, maybe she'd want to come along to class one day. You thought you should invite her along in the future.

You all kept pretty quiet, the both of you not wanting to distract Youngjae too much. You asked Minju what Geonhee was talking about and no surprise it was about her heartthrob boyfriend. What's new? Minju seemed to be caring less about having a status in the school now as well. That was clear once you saw her walking up to you today instead of being stuck with the other girls. All those other girls were too controlled by Geonhee to even want to leave, you did feel sorry for them but once they all got out of this hole they would realise how silly it was of them to treat her like such a princess.

You were happy that the three of you were going to hang out more now, but your mind was still thinking about Junhong the whole time. He never left your mind really, and now that he was starting to get even closer to you, it was a bigger distraction from your school life.

Friday's came along and you couldn't wait to get out of school so that you could go to dance the next day, you were that excited to go see him as well as Hoseok and Jimin, the dance studio was starting to become your home away from home now, you loved being there so much. And now that you had decided you were going to go out with Junhong next Saturday, you were looking forward to the weekend more than usual. You really did want to go spend more time with him. It touched you that he wanted you to celebrate his birthday with him and his friends.


Hhmmmmm...I have realised that you guys don't even know the ages of the characters....the idols are not their normal ages~ so it's a bit weird haha

Rina, Youngjae and Minju are all in the same year at school and they're all 18

and obviously if Junhong finished school the year before Rina, he's now 19

I feel like Jhope and Jimin are their normal ages though

And Jongup is in his mid to late 20's

Anyway I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, thank you to the new subscribers~~ I have some of the next bits planned already, just have to write them up well, please look forward to the new chapters! ^^