[JongYu] The beauty and the bum

Love's the same, yet different

Pairing: Jongyu
Rating: G
Length: 447 words
Prompt: write about a collarbone kiss

 

 


 

 

“How do I look?” Jinki questioned, while fiddling with his hair a bit. His soft voice was tinted with uncertainty - an insecure quality to his timbre that made it almost sound wavering to Jonghyun’s ears.
He looked like a little kid in that moment, slightly bouncing on the balls of his feet and staring at himself in the mirror, as if he didn’t recognize himself - still a child in that black suit that was just his size.

The younger’s gaze kept observing the scene with fond amusement, taking in every aspect of the elder’s smartly dressed self - and silently entertaining himself, comparing it to his own, clad in a sort-of-dirty t-shirt and comfy sweat pants.
(they were almost like the Beauty and the Beast, Jonghyun often joked - though Kibum argued they were more like the promising lawyer and the bum.)

“You look good.” he his chapped lips in an unconscious gesture, “I would hire you.” and then rejoiced at the exasperated but soft smile he received back.

“You’re not my boss, though. It’s not like they will give me the job just because I have a pretty face, you know?” Jinki light-heartedly countered back and his teeth were almost shining under the sunrise’s soft, gloomy light. 
“Thanks, though.” he added then, fiddling with the collar of his white, brand-new shirt.

It was a well-tailored one - Kibum had helped him chosing it after all-, pure and as white as Jinki’s teeth and, just like those, it created a nice contrast with his caramel skin, reminding Jonghyun of those cozy afternoon spent in the café across the road to write silly love songs.

He almost felt like scribbling down another one, right there on the spot, when he read the nervousness on the elder’s face and thick fingers, because Jinki was somewhat precious in every little gesture and because there was something almost magical in those silly things that kept popping into his mind  at his every move- like how the immaculate fabric seemed to caress those shoulders or how enticing Jonghyun found the sliver of skin he could still see, peaking through the shirt.

The latter tempted him, called him and the singer had never been one to fight with himself: he decided to seize the chance, hurriedly grabbing the necktie still discarded on their sofa and that would have surely been left there, hadn’t it been for him.

“Everything will go well.” it was a whispered convinction, uttered against warm collarbones, on the tip of a kiss.

And just like that, Jinki finally stopped fiddling and smiled - his teeth kept shining in the gloomy light and Jonghyun felt a bit more in love.